First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mazda 626, 05 Ford Escape 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Towed a new project home the other day with my XLT Hybrid. Trailer weighs around 1200 pounds and the quad weighs around 400-500 so about 1700ish pounds total. Towed it great, pulled a couple bigger hills with it and it had no problem towing it. Went up any hill big or small at 60+ mph with put any problem, never really went over 50% power on the power meter. Towed in tow/haul mode and its almost like sport mode where it simulates shifts. The only problem I had was the trailer I was towing had an intermittent problem with the lights and sometimes when braking or turning with the signals on it put a warning on the dash, was annoying but nothing major, just wished it only did it once and not everything there was a problem. Still got around 35 mpg average while towing. Which is great.

jons

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Which hitch and connection do you have>?

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Trailer is too ugly to pull with that beautiful Maverick.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Towed a new project home the other day with my XLT Hybrid. Trailer weighs around 1200 pounds and the quad weighs around 400-500 so about 1700ish pounds total. Towed it great, pulled a couple bigger hills with it and it had no problem towing it. Went up any hill big or small at 60+ mph with put any problem, never really went over 50% power on the power meter. Towed in tow/haul mode and its almost like sport mode where it simulates shifts. The only problem I had was the trailer I was towing had an intermittent problem with the lights and sometimes when braking or turning with the signals on it put a warning on the dash, was annoying but nothing major, just wished it only did it once and not everything there was a problem. Still got around 35 mpg average while towing. Which is great.
That's good news. I'm looking at a Teardrop trailer that weighs a little less than that. Mostly because the Mav bed is too small to camp in.
Sponsored