Rusty Nutts

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ram 2500, 2017 Indian Roadmaster, 2019 Ural
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took the little guy to the local home improvement store today. Loaded him up with 10 80# bags of concrete mix and some other landscaping goodies. It squated down a bit but there was no big driving difference. Breaking and acceleration was better than expected as I was expecting a larger breaking distance. And loading and unloading the concrete was the best part. This is why I wanted this truck, no crawling up and down the bed. Loaded and unloaded from the ground. The only regret was not getting 60# bags instead of 80.
Ford Maverick First 900 Pound Load 20220314_144611
Sponsored

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've hauled absolutely nothing but groceries (as expected) in the couple weeks I've had mine. Put those in the back seat too lol
Nice to see people getting out there doing "truck" things though! Cool to know I can when I eventually need to

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took the little guy to the local home improvement store today. Loaded him up with 10 80# bags of concrete mix and some other landscaping goodies. It squated down a bit but there was no big driving difference. Breaking and acceleration was better than expected as I was expecting a larger breaking distance. And loading and unloading the concrete was the best part. This is why I wanted this truck, no crawling up and down the bed. Loaded and unloaded from the ground. The only regret was not getting 60# bags instead of 80.
20220314_144611.jpg
Did you haul it far enough to check how it affected your fuel mileage? I hauled almost that weight in my XL EB and it got 26 MPG compared to 30+ on the return trip empty. I was very happy and impressed how well it did on that trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dad

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20220314_144611.jpg
Love posts like this. Very helpful. Appetite the photos!

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20220314_144611.jpg
More proof of what a great little truck! I'm thinking you're on the couch with a tub of Ben-Gay about now! Side note: One of the few times I've seen a vehicle referred to a "he" rather than a "she". Your bit for gender equality? LOL.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
20220314_144611.jpg
Lawn and garden addicts are going to love the Maverick !

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've hauled absolutely nothing but groceries (as expected) in the couple weeks I've had mine. Put those in the back seat too lol
Nice to see people getting out there doing "truck" things though! Cool to know I can when I eventually need to
Look around your neighborhood and see who has the worst looking area. Pick up 20 bags of mulch and drop them off in their driveway. Just so you can tell people “oh, yeah, I use it as a truck.”

PapaRico

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you haul it far enough to check how it affected your fuel mileage? I hauled almost that weight in my XL EB and it got 26 MPG compared to 30+ on the return trip empty. I was very happy and impressed how well it did on that trip.
Hauled a 900# skid of batteries about 40 miles(highway) I was running 70 and getting 26. something in mpg. Handled good and breaking coming off the freeway didn't seem any different, though I did start coasting on the off ramp. It will definitely do truck things. I do miss being able to haul a half cord of wood in a single trip, but other than that I am not missing my F-150.
Sponsored