Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Everybody!

I've been following the whole Maverick thing for quite some time now - since it was mostly just rumors and sightings of the camouflaged prototypes that were spotted on occasion. Then I started following some of the threads on the forums here around when some of the first official news started coming out. My current daily driver was a Mazda3, but I was looking to upsize to a "small" truck. At the time that really meant something midsized, and I was leaning towards a Tacoma. After looking around at used Tacomas I started seeing rumors about the Maverick. I was totally floored by the idea that I could get a factory new Maverick for about the same price as the Tacomas I was looking at, which were all at least 4 or 5 years old and with quite a bit of mileage on them. I get that the Tacoma and Maverick are pretty different, but for me it was pretty much a no-brainer to give up a few inches of bed space and the towing capability, which I probably won't need, for a truck that's brand new and gets around double the fuel economy. As good as it looked, I couldn't quite convince myself to jump onboard and buy it for the very first model year without having ever seen it or even being able to read any real reviews. Sure, there have been a fair share of minor problems and complaints that I've seen over the last year, and I think I'm happy that I waited it out since most of that stuff will hopefully be resolved for the '23 MY.

I was keeping an eye out for when the orders for '23 would be opening and the last I had heard was that it would be Sep 15 for rollovers and Sep 30 for new orders. When Sep 15 came around I was a bit surprised to find out that orders were wide open both for rollovers and new orders. Figuring ordering would be similar to the first MY, I thought orders would be open for a while and I would get my order in on the 2nd weekend after orders opened. Boy was I wrong! I couldn't believe the rumor I saw early Saturday morning that the books may already be set to close in just a couple of days. So as soon as my wife got out of work we headed over to our local dealership and got our order in. Even better, it was actually my wife and not the dealer who sold me up to the Lariat from the XLT we were originally leaning towards. So anyway, we're now waiting for our Lux Lariat Hybrid with CP360 and CP360 assist. Yeah I know, that's a whole lot of constraints, but I think it's going to be worth waiting for. Just so long as it makes it into the production year (and preferably makes it before the Mazda finishes rusting through :ROFLMAO:).

Anyway, I just wanted to finally say "hi" and join the wait for the '23s to start rolling out.

Jeff
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to the zoo. Please don’t feed the bears and trolls that lurk here.

Hope your time to production is short.

Good Luck.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome!! My Lariat I ordered late Dec2021 suppose to be delivered late Oct 2022 based on email from Ford this week

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome!! My Lariat I ordered late Dec2021 suppose to be delivered late Oct 2022 based on email from Ford this week
really, they gave you a delivery date by email? I ordered mine Dec 15th and my VIN is 200 less than yours. I got email a few days ago pushing me back for production (3rd time now) until Oct 3rd - and never a delivery date. :mad:

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
really, they gave you a delivery date by email? I ordered mine Dec 15th and my VIN is 200 less than yours. I got email a few days ago pushing me back for production (3rd time now) until Oct 3rd - and never a delivery date. :mad:
Yes,
Ford Maverick Finally Saying Hi 1663894368188

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Everybody!

I've been following the whole Maverick thing for quite some time now - since it was mostly just rumors and sightings of the camouflaged prototypes that were spotted on occasion. Then I started following some of the threads on the forums here around when some of the first official news started coming out. My current daily driver was a Mazda3, but I was looking to upsize to a "small" truck. At the time that really meant something midsized, and I was leaning towards a Tacoma. After looking around at used Tacomas I started seeing rumors about the Maverick. I was totally floored by the idea that I could get a factory new Maverick for about the same price as the Tacomas I was looking at, which were all at least 4 or 5 years old and with quite a bit of mileage on them. I get that the Tacoma and Maverick are pretty different, but for me it was pretty much a no-brainer to give up a few inches of bed space and the towing capability, which I probably won't need, for a truck that's brand new and gets around double the fuel economy. As good as it looked, I couldn't quite convince myself to jump onboard and buy it for the very first model year without having ever seen it or even being able to read any real reviews. Sure, there have been a fair share of minor problems and complaints that I've seen over the last year, and I think I'm happy that I waited it out since most of that stuff will hopefully be resolved for the '23 MY.

I was keeping an eye out for when the orders for '23 would be opening and the last I had heard was that it would be Sep 15 for rollovers and Sep 30 for new orders. When Sep 15 came around I was a bit surprised to find out that orders were wide open both for rollovers and new orders. Figuring ordering would be similar to the first MY, I thought orders would be open for a while and I would get my order in on the 2nd weekend after orders opened. Boy was I wrong! I couldn't believe the rumor I saw early Saturday morning that the books may already be set to close in just a couple of days. So as soon as my wife got out of work we headed over to our local dealership and got our order in. Even better, it was actually my wife and not the dealer who sold me up to the Lariat from the XLT we were originally leaning towards. So anyway, we're now waiting for our Lux Lariat Hybrid with CP360 and CP360 assist. Yeah I know, that's a whole lot of constraints, but I think it's going to be worth waiting for. Just so long as it makes it into the production year (and preferably makes it before the Mazda finishes rusting through :ROFLMAO:).

Anyway, I just wanted to finally say "hi" and join the wait for the '23s to start rolling out.

Jeff
Welcome, Jeff. Glad to have you aboard. This is a great forum with lots of friendly and helpful people. I have learned a great deal about the Maverick just from the threads. Do not hesitate to ask questions or seek help here.

Be assured, you will love your Lariat trim. Lots of conveniences to make driving a pleasure.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome! Dont forget the Maverick is said to be roomier than a taco too!

AGW078

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome to the forum family.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome! Dont forget the Maverick is said to be roomier than a taco too!
There's much truth to that "rumor". Whenever I exit my Maverick and look back at it I'm amazed at how small it is from the outside. When I'm in the driver's seat it feels like a much bigger truck.

Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When you get the “built” email, it will have the estimated delivery dates.

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mazdas dont rust, they just get more distinguished.

• Love
Reactions: Dad
OP
OP

burger_time

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mazda3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mazdas dont rust, they just get more distinguished.
Then my driveway must be pretty distinguished by now from all the Mazda dust it's been getting sprinkled with 🤣

• Haha

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome Jeff. I've only been a MTC member a few weeks myself, but I've been reading threads since October last year. So much great information shared here!

We have similar builds; see my signature for my build info. Praying it actually gets built this time around! Good luck to you on your Maverick order.
Sponsored