Sponsored

Finally Received - 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition Area 51 - First Impressions

civla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
civla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After 16 months (August 2021 order), my Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition was ready to go. Super thankful to John, Tach and the team at Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego for taking good care of me. I was pleasantly surprised to find out (though they reassured me throughout the year) that the price protection was in place and sure enough, my original msrp and apr was intact. They called me up first thing in the morning that my Maverick arrived (with a pic of it all dirty from the trip as proof). I rushed over after work by about 6pm and they had her all cleaned up and ready for me. I took her for a test drive, then sat down to complete the deal and drove her home an hour later.

Options:
Lariat Hybrid, Area 51
First Edition Package
Lariat Luxury package
Co-Pilot 360
Rubber floor mats
Splash Guards
Cargo Bed net
Hood deflector
Truck Bed Lighting
Wheel Lock Kit

My MSRP (Aug 2021 Price Protection): $33,150
Today's MSRP (Dec 2022): $35,040

Background: I have been driving a 2007 Ford Mustang GT for the past 16 years. My wife has a 2020 Volvo XC40, so I do have something else to compare against the Maverick. Also, prior to the Mustang, I owned a 1993 Ford Ranger. I'm pretty much a life-long Ford guy since all "my" cars have been a Ford.

First Impressions: All the reviews I have read have turned out to be true. Definitely a smoother ride than I would think for a $20k truck. I say that obviously because at the bare minimum even my loaded Maverick is still a $20k truck at its heart. I've never owned a Hybrid before, so I was surprised to not hear the engine when I turned it on. You get this ready to drive notification and it took a little getting used to. All the little extra bells and whistles are nice, especially coming from driving my wife's Volvo XC40. Things like heated seats, heated steering wheel and the Co-Pilot 360 (adaptive cruise control) works great and very similar to the Volvo's comparable feature. The backup camera is not horrible and has the guide lines and parking sensors. The seats are pretty comfy and I love the interior colors on the Lariat. I really cannot complain about anything, especially at this price point. I was even pretty happy with the quality of the B&O speakers. It's nowhere near the power of my Shaker 1000 system in my Mustang, but comparable to my wife's Volvo B&O system. Another plus for me is the visibility. I remember hating the blind spots in my old 1993 Ranger. The Maverick has excellent visibility! The way you are seated up close makes the front windshield view seem very expansive and clear. Looking over to my left and right I feel very little obstruction. Plus the blind spot system on the mirrors is a nice touch. One last plus to note is the fuel economy. With the hybrid and a mix of freeway and city driving, I am up to almost 36 mpg after 100 miles of driving. That's amazing, coming from an average of 17mpg with my Mustang and about 22mpg with the Volvo.

Minor Gripes: Knowing that this is not a Luxury SUV, even though it drives similar to a nice SUV, here are some minor things I wish my Maverick had. Some of these I can add on my own, some probably won't bother. First thing I wish is for front parking sensors. I like having those on my wife's Volvo and that would have been nice at this price point. Another one is the rearview mirror. Should have included Homelink buttons for garage openers. Even better, also should have autodimming. I plan to replace the rearview mirror with these missing features. Last gripe is the tailgate not having the assist feature so it doesn't slam down on the bumper. Again easy fix, which I already ordered off of Amazon. Again, these are minor and with the exception of the front parking sensor, things I can remedy after-market.

Conclusion: Very happy new owner. I considered either cancelling my order a few times. I was given a date this past summer, then in the fall, so I really wasn't sure I'd ever get mine. I think all my options kept mine toward the end of the production schedule. I made a joke that my 2022 First Edition was becoming the Last Edition. Well they "Saved the Best for Last!" Thank you Ford, the MaverickTruckClub community, and Kearny Mesa Ford for making me a new member of the Maverick community. Happy Holidays everyone and for all still waiting on their Maverick, keep hope alive!

Ford Maverick Finally Received - 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition Area 51 - First Impressions IMG_20221220_214509
Ford Maverick Finally Received - 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition Area 51 - First Impressions 20221221_133226
Ford Maverick Finally Received - 2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid First Edition Area 51 - First Impressions 20221221_121712
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats and many years of Happy Mavericking!!