First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, vintage Vespa x2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
January 2022,Ordered 2.0,A51,360,4x4,awd, received vin September 9 for production September 26 week
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks. I was going to trim my 23 order down to an XLT with a trailer hitch and install all the other options I wanted myself. It looks like I will be installing a trailer hitch as well. :)
This might be a good strategy or not. What features that you want can you install after delivery?

Here are the features I need in my hybrid XLT:
1. 6 (or is it 8) way power driver’s seat. (Part of Lux package. I’m tall; have this feature in my Ford C-Max Hybrid & like it.)
2. BLIS [blind side warning] & cross tragic alert. (In 360 package. Safety first for an old guy like me.)
3. Cruise control. (Standard in XLT.)

Can features 1 & 2 be added as after market items?

MacMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, 2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat (ordered
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got off the phone with a Maverick customer service rep. They said all 22s not assigned a VIN by close of business tomorrow (Sep 8th), will not be a 22. Said dealers should be sending out emails by the 12th letting us know, and how to reorder a 23. Said the reorder banks open on the 15th, and the new order banks open on the 30th.

Mine is a Alto Blue Hybrid Lariat with a tow hitch. They said my constraint is the tow hitch. :mad:
Finally!
October 13, 2021 Order: Hybrid Lariat Lux -
Today Ford CS Line gave me VIN with 10/10/22 production date. Happy not to deal with 2023 rollover!

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This might be a good strategy or not. What features that you want can you install after delivery?

1. 6 (or is it 8) way power driver’s seat. (Part of Lux package. I’m tall; have this feature in my Ford C-Max Hybrid & like it.)
2. BLIS [blind side warning] & cross tragic alert. (In 360 package. Safety first for an old guy like me.)

1 yes. 2 no. 3 yes.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The luxury package features I want that I can Install my self:
  • AC power
  • Bed tie-down rails
  • Bed liner
  • Remote start
  • leather-wrapped steering wheel
  • LED cargo box lighting
  • Trailer hitch receiver with writing harness.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will this also void your warranty if water gets in there? Are you taking a chance with aftermarket. Something to think about. Are there any quality options for the wiring the 4-pin it will also not be as clean as the factory?
If water gets in where?

Any one that doesn't feel comfortable with third party after market can order the trailer hitch receiver directly from ford parts. It is the same as the one installed at the factory.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know the answer to this?
If I have to change my '22 to a '23 and reorder, can I also upgrade my order from an XL to an XLT?
If I do so, will I still have some price protection?
Will I retain my "place in line" (if there is such a thing)
And the unknown - How might the "special private offer" play into all of this?
Don't ya wish when calling Ford Customer Service they could answer these kinds of questions? Is have found calling them to be rather worthless. Their standard answer - "Ask your dealer". (Who doesn't know.)

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I have to change my '22 to a '23 and reorder, can I also upgrade my order from an XL to an XLT?
Don't ya wish when calling Ford Customer Service they could answer these kinds of questions? Is have found calling them to be rather worthless. Their standard answer - "Ask your dealer". (Who doesn't know.)
From what I was told by my salesman is u can change trim levels or packages and keep ur spot in line as long as it is still unscheduled... But to go from eco to hybrid or vise versa will restart ur order to the back of the line

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of this is for sure, some is educated guessing.

1. If I have to change my '22 to a '23 and reorder, can I also upgrade my order from an XL to an XLT?
Yes, you can change your order to whatever is in the 2023 order guide (which is not published yet).
2. If I do so, will I still have some price protection?
There is no price protection. Just the private offer that should be coming soon.
3. Will I retain my "place in line" (if there is such a thing)
If you stay with the same dealer, that is the plan.
4. How might the "special private offer" play into all of this?
The theory is that the private offer will be for the price difference between the cost of your 2022 build and the cost of the same exact build in 2023. So sort of like price protection. Whatever you add or remove to your 2023 order will dictate what your final cost will be. If you had a combo of 2022 options that all went up in cost a lot for 2023, and you removed all those from your 2023, you might get a nice cut to your cost for the 2023. Hope that makes sense.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How can a tow hitch be a constraint? Isn’t this just fabricated steel? How is there a steel shortage? Aren’t there any fabricators in Mexico? And finally aren’t there any welders who work in the Ford factory in Mexico?
It is very likely that Ford doesn't fabricate the hitch. It is part of the crash bar. It is very likely that they buy the crash bar with the hitch installed from an external supplier.

And yes there is a steel shortage as well. Plastic resin too.

Sponsored

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I miss the good old days when you could walk into a dealer and the salesman pulled out the "book", you both went through the options you wanted he called in your order you put down a deposit and in about 2 weeks or so you picked up your truck at the dealer!
I don't think special ordered trucks were ever delivered in two weeks.
Maybe if they found one already built some where else, they could have it shipped to them in two weeks.

Td14782

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick 2019 Ram 2009 suzuki equator,2008 pl
As I understand it, the hitch is not a bolt on. It is welded in. I would not remove from your order if you want it. Search the forums, there are threads about it.
I added hitch bought from Ford parts dealer installed $75.00

Michigan Bill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid Lux, 2017 Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Where O where is it? Ordered 8-31-2021, in build 8-10-22, delivery 9-3, then 9-10 and today is 9-12 and no truck yet. Would have been nice to get it today it is my 80th birthday
Happy Birthday, Sheila! I hope your truck comes in today!
Sponsored