TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Copilot 360 is nothing. Now they government is taking about putting a sensor that checks to see if you have been drinking before you can start your car. I don't drink and don't need that.
No need for that. The tech was included in the covid shot.
Sponsored

• Love
Reactions: HPR

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wait until you get the booster - my 5G reception is OFF THE CHARTS.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Most factory fog lights are not very good, in the old days I had the orange ones that really worked well. I have fog lights aimed low & to the sides a bit, really helps at spotting deer a split second sooner in the country were I live. So far in 42 years I haven't hit one yet with a car, I did paste one a couple years ago with my snowmobile.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m kinda glad this doesn’t have fog lights because being mounted that low on the bumper = easy to get damaged on some highways I travel. I have oem projector fog lights on my mustang and they do absolutely nothing but look cool when on due to yellow bulbs I installed in them. If you look at them up close, they are hammered from normal commuting though and I’m surprised they still work. On a Camry I had, I broke at point one fog light lens per year until I sold that car due to road debris or gravel being kicked up by other vehicles. Hard to avoid it when everyone drives bumper to bumper at 70mph in rush hour traffic so you have no where to go.

In vehicles that sit higher, it’s a huge difference. I love the led fogs on my 4Runner and they help tremendously on dark roads, in the rain, etc eventhough the headlights are HIDs and pretty good themselves. Same with my wrangler when I had it but other than maybe installing a license plate bracket LED light bar for fun, couldn’t pay me to bother for fog lights for my Maverick.

rcheneyjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I specifically look for vehicles that don't blink, beep, vibrate, talk, chime, double-honk, etc. That sh*t annoys me to no end. Hate all of it....absolutely all of it.

OEM's......please stop the madness...
tell the gubmint...

SamMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid Lariot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford... please listen

I get it, low cost truck.. cool story bros ($31k sticker) but...

* Save the lane departure gimmick, vibrating steering wheel bs and give us standard sat radio and Sync

* Two words....FOG LIGHTS

I am 99.9% thrilled with this truck, honestly. Just a few odd features or lack of, that stop this thing from being a 10/10 for me.
I agree, I would have order the XLT but I like the leather like seats and I really need/want XM so I ordered the Lariat W/Lux and I plain on figuring a way to put flog lights where the tow hooks would be or even better hopefully someone will come out with a kit.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fog lights are becoming a non-issue or should I say non-essential. I’ve never used them in any car I’ve owned. Seems to actually make things worse than better IMO.

Sponsored

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Yea the fog lights thing, I really do not get why Ford did not offer them. Anything that does not have the FX4 package should have been given the option of having fog lights, even if it was a $200-$400 option.
My guess (and this is just a guess) is that it was on the table but shelved for whatever reason. Cost, couldn't meet the release deadline, supply chain, etc.

Who knows, Ford does some interesting options. Like the Ford Edge had fog lights on release, but eliminated them during the mid cycle refresh, but they came back for the second gen.

a driver used them instead of his headlights when it was foggy.
I think it'd be in supplement of rather than instead of. A fog light beam projects only about 20' in front of the vehicle.

Small 5000K projector-type fogs lights are useless.
I have aftermarket small 5000k projector-type fog lights. Suffice it to say, they overpower my Nissan Frontier's halogen low beam headlights. Even with the cutoff set at the same height as the Frontier's factory halogen fog lights, the LED fog light beam is at least 4 lanes wide and just as long as the Frontier's low beam.

The projector fogs in 5th gen Explorers ain't bad either.

If you lived in a rural area like I do, you would find them essential. Hey city dwellers it's dark in the country. They illuminate the side of country roads. Makes turning on a unlit intersection much easier.
I used to live in a rural area and still pass through on occasion. I agree to an extent in the sense that every little bit helps, but not in a night-and-day difference way.

I installed the OEM-accessory halogen fog light kit in my most recent commuter car. After slapping 'em on, it was easier to see the shoulders and the ditches. But for the money, performance, and electrical draw, if I were to do it again, I'd just install ditch lights on the hood.

I've never found fog lights to be particularly effective at all, even in fog.
OEM fogs yes. I occasionally drove through Tule fog in Central California. Visibility would wander between maybe 1/4 mile to near-zero on the same stretch of road. And when I say "near zero" I mean you get out of the truck and can't see 20 feet in any direction.

That's where the Hella 500 yellow fogs were nice to have. As others pointed out, the yellow light causes less glare from the fog particles.

I also found it helpful to wear yellow-tinted safety glasses for the same reason. It's hard to describe, but rather than straining to see "through" the fog, the yellow glasses and yellow light let you see "in" the fog.

OP
OP
Evil2ltr

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
This is the get from point A to point B type of vehicle to me. I don't have much expectation for it.
Most A-B types aren't on message fourms for the vehicle LOL
Sponsored