First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After 7 months and 3k miles I know what my dislikes are.
Getting going in the Maverick is too slow. Parking brakes switch. Sometimes it is automatically applied. Sometimes I push or pull it the wrong way. Dial shifter. Like nothing about it except it’s out of the way. How will the radio fire up this time? Right away? Nothing? Connect and disconnect only to reconnect a minute later. Will the volume work? Stuck on last volume setting. AC fan, anytime now. Minor issues. Other than that I love this vehicle.
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You don't have to press the switch to release the parking brake. It will auto release if you just put it in gear and press the pedal.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I, too, have noticed that my climate control fan is a bit squirrely. I'm not sure if it's user error or some sort of malfunction but it seems like the center fans don't always kick on.

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I, too, have noticed that my climate control fan is a bit squirrely. I'm not sure if it's user error or some sort of malfunction but it seems like the center fans don't always kick on.
I don't know if this applies to your situation. But on the vents, I thought they were directional with the left/right movement. But moving it right/left seems to open and close off the vent. It is a one-day-at-a-time, getting to know the truck.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if this applies to your situation. But on the vents, I thought they were directional with the left/right movement. But moving it right/left seems to open and close off the vent. It is a one-day-at-a-time, getting to know the truck.
This does seem to defy logic. However, I doubt that I will "vent" about it. Of course, I may vent about the length of waiting to get my truck, at least, until I get it!!! Then I hope all will be good... :)

Sponsored

MauRoba

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
The radio thing bugs me a bit but I think I’ve figured it out.

Driving, jamming tunes, you stop, turn off the Mav then turn off radio. When you get back in the radio will turn on with ignition. #dislike

But if you you turn off the radio before turning off the truck then all is quiet when you start it back up.

It’s the little things.

#StillLoveThisTruck

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

As long as the radio doesnt ask me why I dont have a smart phione and start making jokes about my flip phone, we will get along just fine.

Powerstroke46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT,velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not s
The radio thing bugs me a bit but I think I’ve figured it out.

Driving, jamming tunes, you stop, turn off the Mav then turn off radio. When you get back in the radio will turn on with ignition. #dislike

But if you you turn off the radio before turning off the truck then all is quiet when you start it back up.

It’s the little things.

#StillLoveThisTruck
I'm not sure how you turn the radio off if you turn the truck off first, just saying.lol

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have to admit I did exactly the same thing

Sponsored
OP
OP

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You don't have to press the switch to release the parking brake. It will auto release if you just put it in gear and press the pedal.
Had no idea. Will try it.

MauRoba

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Had to go out and check our vents.

Can confirm left-right movement opens and closes them. Counter-intuitive.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like the fan for heater and radio act just like my 2020 Ford Ecosport SE. So other fords act like that too.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's no power to the unit, you can't turn it off if you turn the truck off first, hello 👋
When engine is shut off the audio will remain active until either the door is opened or X amount of time has elapsed. Power on/off audio control is still functional during that interval.
Sponsored