name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
[
I'm following this thread closely as I needed the XLT Lux package at minimum for my cold climate but didn't like brown/blue seats of the Lariat and the +5K additional cost. As such, I need to find a way to enable ACC and possibly lane centering! I know the steering wheel switches I need, just need to determine if the ACC grill is all that's missing.
You'll definitely need the lower radar sensor in the grille to get it working assuming the image processing module used on the Lariat w/Lux. package is the same as the ones on the XL and XLT. Then all the functionality should be available and it just become a matter of turning on stuff with forscan after the sensor and switches are installed. I know where most of settings should be, the only 2 modules I am unsure of is if the IPMA module for the image processing from the sensors to the module needs to be enabled that way and any possible changes in the PSCM for the power steering to control the wheel movement with the system on.
Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My next addition on my stock XL without Copilot is the add a new turn signal stalk with lane keep button and see if I can get the Copilot 360 Lane Keep system working on the truck. The functionality is in the instrument cluster and it doesn't use any other sensors than the already installed front facing camera. The image processing module on the XL without copilot is the same one as with and is the same on the XLT models with and without copilot. I should be good on the hardware side. I know what most of the settings are already, the only module that may need tinkering is the PSCM if the haptics on the wheel don't work.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
My next addition on my stock XL without Copilot is the add a new turn signal stalk with lane keep button and see if I can get the Copilot 360 Lane Keep system working on the truck. The functionality is in the instrument cluster and it doesn't use any other sensors than the already installed front facing camera. The image processing module on the XL without copilot is the same one as with and is the same on the XLT models with and without copilot. I should be good on the hardware side. I know what most of the settings are already, the only module that may need tinkering is the PSCM if the haptics on the wheel don't work.
Sorry, thought this was about blind spot monitoring....

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry, thought this was about blind spot monitoring....
You probably could retro fit BLIS in later but from a price standpoint it is cheaper to have just ordered the Copilot 360 package. Prices I saw for the mirrors with blind spot warnings were $300+ for a single mirror. The Lane Keep System just needs a $35 turn switch stalk and that is it. Much cheaper as a proof of concept project.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid owners - I got the following back from FORScan, but will not be able to do anything with it today. Who is going to beat me to it, and report back?

"Thanks for the debug information, we have fixed the problem, here is the test build:"

https://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.46.test20220126.exe
I can confirm that this worked for me.

Just a reminder - for those who use the tool, please consider paying for 1-year ($10) or 3-year ($20) license. It is an amazing tool, and worth supporting.

Sponsored

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some more info on the SCCM codes

There are 2 codes for the cruise control switches depending if you have Copilot 360 installed.

This is the correct code for cruise control and Copilot 360
SCCM
724-02-01 1258 6820 3050
This also enables the Lane Keep Assist button on the left turn signal stalk

This works for cruise control without Copilot 360
SCCM
724-02-01 1258 4820 3030

The cruise control switches for the steering wheel will still work but the lane keep assist button on the left turn signal stalk will not work.

The code with Copilot seems to work fine even without the lane assist button installed. It doesn't seem to cause any problems or throw any DTC codes but if you don't have Copilot 360 installed and do this upgrade and experience any issues try this code instead.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xlt hybrid
You don't like the blue jean material with neon orange trim? LOL

Neither do any of the XLT owners but they will NEVER admit it.

I've figured out that it should easy to get the black rubberized lining for the largest orange "stain" in the middle below the dash (or just remove the orange one and line it with some stick-on grippy stuff) and I figure if I end up with an XLT (doubtful) I would tape over the other orange accents, like a fun project.

But, like various of you, I like the painted steelies and would only miss cruise, yet I also like the simpler steering wheel of the XL and, as I've done in prior cars (back in da day) having an extra stick for cruise can its unique cool factor...

XLAZNDrvr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did you do to get the buttons? New wheel or button modules or ?
I was lucky I got my button switches from Superior Ford Parts. Just arrived yesterday and installed them after I came home from work.

Sponsored

James L. Harrison

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've figured out that it should easy to get the black rubberized lining for the largest orange "stain" in the middle below the dash (or just remove the orange one and line it with some stick-on grippy stuff) and I figure if I end up with an XLT (doubtful) I would tape over the other orange accents, like a fun project.

But, like various of you, I like the painted steelies and would only miss cruise, yet I also like the simpler steering wheel of the XL and, as I've done in prior cars (back in da day) having an extra stick for cruise can its unique cool factor...
I recently noticed my blue jeans are sewn with orange threading...

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX

I know you might like the aesthetics of the basic "plastic" steering wheel that comes standard on the XL and XLT models but I spent a day with a base hybrid model last weekend and WOW, the most uncomfortable steering wheel I have ever used in my life. Super hard, feels awful in your hands and at the same time kind of slippery.

OP
OP
Tyvemattis

Tyvemattis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tyve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Any update on paddle shifter functionality?
Hopefully going to have an update this week for that. Just swapped to an escape digital cluster with the manual mode, ordering the shifter itself from the escape now that I know the cluster works.

Ford Maverick Factory cruise control enabled on XL with Forscan and Escape steering wheel PXL_20220201_010652499

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Curious if an F150 wheel with coordinating buttons would be able to work? Assuming the airbag is the same
I think the diameter of the wheel is bigger, not sure if that would cause problems

I have a Raptor wheel that I used for paddle shifting in my old truck
It’s a heated wheel as well so I’ll be curious if it could work

Probably not I know, but I can dream right?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.