lurch70

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW 330xi, 2019 Volvo XC60
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, you're in a state where pick-ups are king so that Maverick will be gone quick I am sure.
I'll see how I do on in stock ones once they hit NYC dealers.

Plan to order really but will see what happens at a dealer first especially with winter coming.
Sponsored

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
EVERY dealer in Houston I've tried to contact for ordering my Maverick has been a complete jerk. The one I ended up ordering from is playing the mystery game with my order. I would not be surprised if they try to pull a fast one they day of. Or even sell my car to someone else and tell me it never showed up. I keep contacting them for updates and they keep giving me the run arounds. I've even asked several times to tell me when they'll have a demo in stock so I can stop by and they pretend not to have any idea. Houston dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE and unscrupulous.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is happening everywhere in the country. I went into my dealer in Columbia, KY, yesterday to see one they had just gotten in. XLT Ecoboost, 4K , P360. The rep said it would be marked up 10k over MSRP 26K and change, so 36k+.

He also showed me a Bronco that he had sold for 30k over MSRP 52k+30k=82k.

It is absolutely CRAZY out there!

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
With all this craziness I'm seeing....Long Mcarthur Ford looking better and better!
I most certainly would not fall for the "dealer markup/price gauging" tactics.
Heck, LMF will even deliver to your door if you finance thru them. If you don't get the terms you like, just move the loan in 6 mths to desired credit union...

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
EVERY dealer in Houston I've tried to contact for ordering my Maverick has been a complete jerk. The one I ended up ordering from is playing the mystery game with my order. I would not be surprised if they try to pull a fast one they day of. Or even sell my car to someone else and tell me it never showed up. I keep contacting them for updates and they keep giving me the run arounds. I've even asked several times to tell me when they'll have a demo in stock so I can stop by and they pretend not to have any idea. Houston dealers are absolutely HORRIBLE and unscrupulous.
So it isn't just me dealing with these jerks in Houston

Sponsored

zarnold56

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was able to reserve a stock maverick arriving next week at MSRP with the 4k towing package at a dealer in Minnesota (i'm in Iowa). I talked to around 10 dealers and only 2 mentioned selling over MSRP (woodhouse in Omaha was the 1 I remember) for their stock Mavericks. The 4k tow package seems to be really hard to find on stock units has been my takeaway.

TXM2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FWD ECO Maverick Lariat Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have to admire the dealer for listing the Dealer Markup as a negative "Total Savings."

"Hey, I like you. I'm pretty sure I can get the sales manager to give you an additional negative savings of $1,310. How does that sound?"

Wriccitelli01

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford E150
You solicited advice so you're going to get it. Taking you literally, you don't NEED a new purchase due to existing vehicle accident etc., you WANT to purchase. Some discipline and patience can save you some money. But if you really must scratch that itch to buy a Maverick now, it's your money.

That deal sucks. If you order one and wait, ~$1600 of those add-ons and the $1310 gift to the dealer should vanish (I assume Theft Deterrent is VIN etching. What the hell is Cilajet Warranty anyway? Key replacement? All rubbish). And taxes would drop too.

So order one, take that $3000+ you would blow if you bought it from this Dealiar and option your Maverick to your hearts desire. Sit tight (TBA) months until you take delivery.
LOL. A toyota dealer told me their Tacoma Access Cab 4cyclinder was 39k. I asked why? What did it have on it? He said "current market!"
Check the glass on the car. It is already etched with the vin number. And it is loaded with theft deterantes incase you and the dealer don’t know about it.
Sponsored