Sponsored

Episode 62: Will Your Scheduled 2022 Ford Maverick Get Canceled or Built?

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
@bearsfan647
Ford is the only one I’m dealing with that is having issues. Many other businesses have had issues and been able to work things out. It’s only been 2 years.
My biggest issue is lack of communication. Hell let me know something!
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How so? At most dealers, priority number matters little, and if it does, they can easily change it.
So anyone who had to place a '23 order in September because they never got a VIN. Dealer puts priority. They are supposed to place all "roll overs" at 10, and the new ones higher. Lots of dealers say " we put everything at 19", which means that you are signing up for the exact same wait as last year potentially. As a initial '22 order you want to be at the lowest by the dealer, because it increases chances of your order being selected before others that were placed a year or more later.

Ford Rollovers will jump right to Priority 1 or 2, and thus be selected before anyone set at a 10 or higher by the dealer.

I know my dealer does not place ANY retail orders lower than 19 ( of course unless you are buddies with a sales manager, I assume )

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
As a initial '22 order you want to be at the lowest by the dealer, because it increases chances of your order being selected before others that were placed a year or more later.
In increases chances of your order being selected before other similar builds at that same dealer- nothing more.

While there are some dealers with high numbers of orders, most dealers only have a handful of orders. Priority number will only matter at the higher volume dealers, and only between similar builds.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
In increases chances of your order being selected before other similar builds at that same dealer- nothing more.

While there are some dealers with high numbers of orders, most dealers only have a handful of orders. Priority number will only matter at the higher volume dealers, and only between similar builds.
Sure, so are you saying if your dealer only had a handful of orders, and an identical order to yours constraint-wise (trim/engine/ accessories ) reserved later, but gets a VIN before yours, you would be OK with that ? That would be even worse, because a small dealer that only gets a handful of orders, only gets a handful of allocations.

Maybe I am crazy, but I don't think I would be the only one with this sentiment.

Also, I am in a city of like 400k, and there are multiple Ford dealers, I placed mine in October and was in the 40's as far as their orders. I doubt the majority of dealers have only a handful of orders.

Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How many orders would you guess is average?
30-50. 2k dealers in the US, around 110-120k 22's ordered. Averages around to 50, obviously with outliers with a crap ton, and ones with just a handful.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

“…which someone will leak onto MTC within about approximately 27.5 seconds after it comes out.”

I’m taking the under on the 27.5 seconds, just so you know …

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
30-50. 2k dealers in the US, around 110-120k 22's ordered. Averages around to 50, obviously with outliers with a crap ton, and ones with just a handful.
Being off by 50% with respect to the number of dealers tells me enough to know this would be a good time to say have a nice day sir.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being off by 50% with respect to the number of dealers tells me enough to know this would be a good time to say have a nice day sir.
It took me 30 seconds to search a number that has been thrown out on the forum. So 2,982. Care to provide any evidence or reasoning for being dismissive?

How many Ford dealerships are there in the US?

You can download the complete list of 2,982 Ford Motor Company locations data as an Excel file, along with geo-coded addresses, phone numbers and open hours from our data store. Oct 10, 2022

https://www.scrapehero.com/location-reports/Ford Motor Company-USA/

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And my guesstimate still stands, unless you want to show us your secret Ford average dealer order spreadsheet.

3k dealers, 100k orders (which I know is a lowball), that is a 33.33 average.

RockCity

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape Hybrid, F250
Care to provide any evidence or reasoning for being dismissive?
Because if your idea of how many Ford dealers is so far off, you obviously are just kind of winging it and making wild guesses not based in any real knowledge or experience.
Sponsored