First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had My XLT FX4 4k undercoated today for the second time Today, last November and again today. We of course removed the front skid plates and the other felt liners and I got to thingking about the Tremor having enhanced ? PROTECTION in a perfect world you would just take the felt pieces and stamp them out of galvanized steel. I wonder if that is what Ford did for the Tremor? That would be the cats meow. Seems like a no brainer exact same shape just using metal instead of felt and if so would they fit our trucks in the aftermarket?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Xjeepguy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XLT 4K FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had My XLT FX4 4k undercoated today for the second time , last November and again today. We of course removed the front skid plates and the other felt liners and I got to thingking about the Tremor having enhanced ? PROTECTION in a perfect world you would just take the felt pieces and stamp them out of galvanized steel. I wonder if that is what Ford did for the Tremor? That would be the cats meow. Seems like a no brainer exact same shape just using metal instead of felt and if so would they fit our trucks in the aftermarket?

Last edited:

smiri

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shakib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good day Xjeepguy

This is a bit of an old thread, but since I have now found myself dealing with the (lack of) under-armouring on the Tremor, I figured I'd give some insight here. In case you still haven't found an answer.

Ford only upgraded the front felt panel to an aluminum (by my deduction) skid plate, and left the two long underbody felt panels as felt. Not sure why they'd do this on a Tremor trim, as I think the extra cost and mass are necessary, as per what I have found out.

Had a little run-in with a sharp rock on an off-road excursion I took yesterday. Ripped right through the felt, though luckily the rock did not damage the tubes and wires covered by the felt panel.

In the future, I'm definitely giving the truck a lift, and probably going to explore making my own underbody skid plates (if no other company gets to it before I do) so that I can reduce the likelihood of this occurring again. For now, I'm gonna see if I can just patch this thing back together and re-mount it to the truck.

And no, the trails I was on were not out of the league of the Maverick hard, just a few large, sharp rocks here and there.

Ford Maverick Enhanced Underbody Protection ? 20230618_164656

Ford Maverick Enhanced Underbody Protection ? 20230618_164659

Ford Maverick Enhanced Underbody Protection ? 20230618_172600

Ford Maverick Enhanced Underbody Protection ? 20230618_172608

Ford Maverick Enhanced Underbody Protection ? 20230618_172648
Sponsored