Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.churchbelltoweradventure-suspense.com
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m a personal big believer in rust proofing, IF you get a good product and installer. My 2000 Subaru with 262k miles, that I just sold, was solid with only a couple spots of surface rust from bumps and scrapes. If you have an Auto Armor installer in your area I highly recommended. Around here it’s $499 underneath, and inside all cavities(no holes drilled, they go through factory access points). No I don’t work for any company even related to this, just a big believer in the product. Admin. please pull if this violates any policy.
I had Bullet Liner in Green Bay, WI. rustproof & undercoat my Maverick when it first arrived. They use Auto Armor. Do they get the areas inside of fenders & quarter panels? How do they access these areas? Since Mavericks have Wheel Well liners, how could I get area behind liners coated? Appreciate your information! Thanks.
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had Bullet Liner in Green Bay, WI. rustproof & undercoat my Maverick when it first arrived. They use Auto Armor. Do they get the areas inside of fenders & quarter panels? How do they access these areas? Since Mavericks have Wheel Well liners, how could I get area behind liners coated? Appreciate your information! Thanks.
From what I know, they treat those areas. I think they have special tools to access.

Pallyboy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spray the underside of my Wrangler each fall with Fluid Film. It stays wet so water and dirt can’t get behind it. After 9 salt filled winters and nearly 200k miles I have no rust forming.
It can be a messy solution that some may not like but it does work.

Sponsored

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s one of the advantages in living in a state where it doesn’t snow. I’m originally from Buffalo, NY and cars turn into rust buckets up there in no time. The salt on the road and the film of salt on the undercarriage and door panels eats away at a car pretty bad…undercoating or not. If I lived in a snowy state, I’d never buy a new car.

I’ve lived in Florida since 1989, and never had a rust problem with any of my vehicles.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There is no protection for the area around the wheel well. This area will be eaten by rust in no time- My CRV and my wife Subaru Crosstrek both have them. Will
Ford provide this?

Crosstrek.jpg
CRV.jpg
Those protect against scrapes. They are more likely to promote rust.

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a personal big believer in rust proofing, IF you get a good product and installer. My 2000 Subaru with 262k miles, that I just sold, was solid with only a couple spots of surface rust from bumps and scrapes. If you have an Auto Armor installer in your area I highly recommended. Around here it’s $499 underneath, and inside all cavities(no holes drilled, they go through factory access points). No I don’t work for any company even related to this, just a big believer in the product. Admin. please pull if this violates any policy.
Ford does not recommend undercoating on the hybrids according to my dealer////

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you don’t keep the vehicle clean, those add on pieces can actually be areas that promote rust. Working at a car dealership I saw it all the time. Minnesota uses a lot of salt in the winter and it works its way behind the trim.
So true

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Deleted Member 528 thinks cheap factory plastic fender liner is going to stop salt spray and slush from being driven into every nook and cranny of the vehicle when going down the road at 50+. :ROFLMAO:

Previous posters who mention using Fluid Film have the right idea.
Sponsored