Sponsored

Wheel well protection

• Thread starter Deleted member 528
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4

Deleted member 528

There is no protection for the area around the wheel well. This area will be eaten by rust in no time- My CRV and my wife Subaru Crosstrek both have them. Will
Ford provide this?

Ford Maverick Wheel well protection Crosstrek
Ford Maverick Wheel well protection CRV
Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford provides wheel well liners for many models as accessories. I guess they don't have time to prepare every useful accessory for Maverick yet. It is easy to buy those liners on amazon and install them by ourselves.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was offered a spray-on wheel well protectant by the dealer.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is no protection for the area around the wheel well. This area will be eaten by rust in no time- My CRV and my wife Subaru Crosstrek both have them. Will
Ford provide this?

Crosstrek.jpg
CRV.jpg
If you don’t keep the vehicle clean, those add on pieces can actually be areas that promote rust. Working at a car dealership I saw it all the time. Minnesota uses a lot of salt in the winter and it works its way behind the trim.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a personal big believer in rust proofing, IF you get a good product and installer. My 2000 Subaru with 262k miles, that I just sold, was solid with only a couple spots of surface rust from bumps and scrapes. If you have an Auto Armor installer in your area I highly recommended. Around here it’s $499 underneath, and inside all cavities(no holes drilled, they go through factory access points). No I don’t work for any company even related to this, just a big believer in the product. Admin. please pull if this violates any policy.

Sponsored

SuckLemons

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Toyota Tacoma 🌮
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m a personal big believer in rust proofing, IF you get a good product and installer. My 2000 Subaru with 262k miles, that I just sold, was solid with only a couple spots of surface rust from bumps and scrapes. If you have an Auto Armor installer in your area I highly recommended. Around here it’s $499 underneath, and inside all cavities(no holes drilled, they go through factory access points). No I don’t work for any company even related to this, just a big believer in the product. Admin. please pull if this violates any policy.
Luckily I’ve always had my cars in the south, away from ocean air, so can’t imagine needing this, but see the value in it. I would be so annoyed if my car rusted due to salt. Does that stuff make it difficult to take bolts off and things like that? I’ve tried one rust product over existing rust on a camper that converted it to the hardest substance known to man. Took a few tries to get bolts loose with the impact driver.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Luckily I’ve always had my cars in the south, away from ocean air, so can’t imagine needing this, but see the value in it. I would be so annoyed if my car rusted due to salt. Does that stuff make it difficult to take bolts off and things like that? I’ve tried one rust product over existing rust on a camper that converted it to the hardest substance known to man. Took a few tries to get bolts loose with the impact driver.
This process is a thin plastic-like coating that gets in all the nooks and crannies. Have not had to loosen any bolts so I can’t address that question

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just thinking here... do they still sell rustproofing spray in a can? Buddy of mine used to spray his wheel well and floor plans with that stuff. That was years ago back in Ohio. A diy job might not be as good but I think it also might help.

Sitnbull

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford f-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always had oil undercoating done when We lived in N.H.,,,can't find anyone here in southern MD closer than Pa who does it

thosw

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am all for the wheel well arches and mud flaps. Dirt roads and front wheel drive are going to be hard on the paint.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hello Rusty Jones, goodbye rusty car...

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford provide this?

Crosstrek.jpg
CRV.jpg
Damage in those areas is usually from inside and Ford has a 5 yr rust through warranty I believe.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid