First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone else having issues with their Maverick struggling to start? It's happened 2 different days. All 3 times I drove it on those days it did it. Eventually turned over but took a few seconds. Took it in to get looked at and the service dept said there's something wrong with it but they need more time to diagnose. Ecoboost 5k miles
Sponsored

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I go to start it up and it will take 4-5 seconds to turn over. Happened all 3 times I drove it last Thursday. It ran fine Friday through Wednesday and then yesterday it had the same issue and again this morning. The service dept said something is definitely wrong but need more time to diagnose. I was wondering if anyone had similar issues so I could help point the service dept.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Air+fuel+spark = combustion. That 100 year old rule hasn't changed. Well maybe it has. These days there are a dozen sensors and computers involved in managing the fuel air mixture to the engine. My bet is that some sensor critical to the startup mixture is sending bad data.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Is anyone else having issues with their Maverick struggling to start? It's happened 2 different days. All 3 times I drove it on those days it did it. Eventually turned over but took a few seconds. Took it in to get looked at and the service dept said there's something wrong with it but they need more time to diagnose. Ecoboost 5k miles
Hey there! I can look into your Maverick's start up concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

skyhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airplanes motorcycles cars SUVs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I go to start it up and it will take 4-5 seconds to turn over. Happened all 3 times I drove it last Thursday. It ran fine Friday through Wednesday and then yesterday it had the same issue and again this morning. The service dept said something is definitely wrong but need more time to diagnose. I was wondering if anyone had similar issues so I could help point the service dept.
Do you mean 4-5 seconds before it even starts cranking (ie turning over) or 4-5 seconds before it starts (ie starts to run)

OP
OP
Owewil3225

Owewil3225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Before it starts. It will keep trying to crank

Nighowl2000

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Extended crank time before engine starts? My 2014 wrangler had that issue. Was a defective camshaft position sensor. Maybe same issue?