First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s happened 3 times now. Drive the truck one day then the next morning it won’t start and the battery voltage is down to 7volts. There’s no current draw, I’ve checked. I have left it for three weeks and have come home and it starts right up. The battery test good. I have tested the battery under a load and so has the dealer. The fist time it happened was 6 months after delivery, so I don’t believe it’s a bad battery from shipping. It’s not a temperature issue as I’m in Georgia. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

AMCfoxbody

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This has showed up several times on this Forum regarding the EcoBoost with slightly different symptoms. I am not suggesting that I know what your specific issue is but I would not rule out the Gateway Module as being defective. From my experience, the battery also tested 'good' albeit a slightly lower charge but the car would not even start with a jump. After a tow, the GWM was replaced.

OP
OP

JasonB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for the reply, I’ll keep that in mind when it goes back to the dealer. It starts after being jumped and works perfectly for a few months then it happens again.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP

JasonB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With a multimeter set to to milliamps. Negative lead removed, positive lead on meter to the removed negative cable the other lead to the battery negative post

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
It’s happened 3 times now. Drive the truck one day then the next morning it won’t start and the battery voltage is down to 7volts. There’s no current draw, I’ve checked. I have left it for three weeks and have come home and it starts right up. The battery test good. I have tested the battery under a load and so has the dealer. The fist time it happened was 6 months after delivery, so I don’t believe it’s a bad battery from shipping. It’s not a temperature issue as I’m in Georgia. Any thoughts?
Hey there. I can look into your Maverick’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Shocker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Awd, Eco, Xltlux, Velocity Blue, tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey there. I can look into your Maverick’s concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
My EB Maverick is having the same problem killing batteries and I was wondering if Ford found a fix for this yet?

Command1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They had a problem with the glove box light killing the battery. If you have the glove box light that is.

Shocker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Awd, Eco, Xltlux, Velocity Blue, tow package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a drainage problem, 2nd new battery (Die Hard platinums) yesterday 12.6v today 9.6v. Same thing happened to first on in Feburary so they gave me a new one thinking it was a bad battery and go out this morning truck dead. I like the Maverick but if I can't depend on it, it's useless to me.

Last edited:

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This just happened to me yesterday. Turned over 4k miles earlier in the day. Working just fine all day. Parked for about an hour and nothing when I turned the key. Almost thought I heard the starter attempt to engage once. Just a slight grunt. Didn't have my multi meter on me to test battery. Tossed a battery charger on it and it said charged inside of two minutes. Fired right up. Been working fine all day today so far. Showing 12.4 volts on the battery with engine off. A little disconcerting since I just started a new business and the Maverick is my rig for it.

Sponsored

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would check battery terminals for tightening . my battery terminals needed tightening . especially check negative/ground side .

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This just happened to me yesterday. Turned over 4k miles earlier in the day. Working just fine all day. Parked for about an hour and nothing when I turned the key. Almost thought I heard the starter attempt to engage once. Just a slight grunt. Didn't have my multi meter on me to test battery. Tossed a battery charger on it and it said charged inside of two minutes. Fired right up. Been working fine all day today so far. Showing 12.4 volts on the battery with engine off. A little disconcerting since I just started a new business and the Maverick is my rig for it.
If battery is fully charged in two minutes.
Check to see if charger is set to proper battery type. My Tremor has an AGM battery type. A battery set to flooded battery type will not charge to 100% voltage of AGM battery. Also if battery that is below 12 volts charges in less than two minutes then it could be highly sulphated and the remaining available capacity is all that is being brought up to 12.4-12.85 ? Volts. If no draw can be measured there could be an internal short. Get a good charger like a noco genius 10 set it to proper battery type and fully charge it. After being fully charged consider running repair mode. Read manual this can take quite some time occasionally. Properly charging battery periodically can possibly triple the life of a battery. Just a thought... if you disconnect the negative cable to measure the draw then you have disconnected the BMS also. It appears in the hybrid that If voltage drops to below 7 then BCM cannot or will not activate anything.

PanchoBarrancas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I made this thread earlier this year for a similar phantom battery drain problem where my truck would not start even if jumped, but if left unplugged overnigth would fire right up two or three times before dying again.. My dealership didn't test modules, but my mav was year 1 production and came with a flooded cell battery, the dealership replaced it under warranty with the current AGM battery and I have had no problems since. Some people on the forum report defective year 1 flooded batteries with abnormal internal resistance.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If battery is fully charged in two minutes.
Check to see if charger is set to proper battery type. My Tremor has an AGM battery type. A battery set to flooded battery type will not charge to 100% voltage of AGM battery. Also if battery that is below 12 volts charges in less than two minutes then it could be highly sulphated and the remaining available capacity is all that is being brought up to 12.4-12.85 ? Volts. If no draw can be measured there could be an internal short. Get a good charger like a noco genius 10 set it to proper battery type and fully charge it. After being fully charged consider running repair mode. Read manual this can take quite some time occasionally. Properly charging battery periodically can possibly triple the life of a battery. Just a thought... if you disconnect the negative cable to measure the draw then you have disconnected the BMS also. It appears in the hybrid that If voltage drops to below 7 then BCM cannot or will not activate anything.
Mine is an AGM battery as well. I was using a Noco genius 10. I was thinking of running the repair cycle this evening but didn't have time last night. I was doing a beaver removal job overnight so I was parked in the middle of nowhere. I was going to try and look for a draw off the battery when I get home today as well.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is an AGM battery as well. I was using a Noco genius 10. I was thinking of running the repair cycle this evening but didn't have time last night. I was doing a beaver removal job overnight so I was parked in the middle of nowhere. I was going to try and look for a draw off the battery when I get home today as well.
I am thinking there surely must be a draw all the time since the truck knows when they fob approaches. I think that putting noco on battery every 2-4 months may be a good idea for longevity. I only have a genius 5 but it supposed to work on more than our amp hour batteries. I am going to upgrade to 10 soon as I have 8 batteries to rotate on one and my tractor battery is too large for 5 and takes several days....
Sponsored