Drive Mode Control

leftyscore

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD 2.0L EcoBoost w/4K Tow Pack.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Must you be stopped to switch drive modes? Could not find answer in manual or in searches. Thanks for help in advance. 2024 AWD LXT w/Luxury package and 4K towing package
Sponsored

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope. Shift as you like. I allways forget to select ECO until somewhere on the road.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must you be stopped to switch drive modes? Could not find answer in manual or in searches. Thanks for help in advance. 2024 AWD LXT w/Luxury package and 4K towing package
All the modes are just "software/settings" based, so no physical changes are happening when you change modes. Just the software settings that control things like the throttle response, etc... Totally fine to change drive mode going 80 on the freeway. But if you do, you might realize you need to step harder on the accelerator when going from something like Sport mode to Slippery mode. Ha!

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can do any time.

Best to do with little or no throttle.

OP
OP
leftyscore

leftyscore

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT AWD 2.0L EcoBoost w/4K Tow Pack.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Makes sense, thank you

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
yes, you might even need to put it in reverse before switching modes.

Phil Ricotta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Atlas Blue XLT LUX HYBRID - CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you search on ebay for "MY MAVE MODE" you will find a very easy to install kit that will automatically put your truck into ECO Mode every time you start it. I have one installed and it works great. Now I just start my truck and within seconds it is automatically put into ECO Mode. I just drive away after starting. Worth the $39 or $49 USD depending on if you have remote start on your Key. Make sure you order the correct one as they are slightly different in how they connect. You can still manually select other Modes as required or very easily reprogram it to select any other Mode as default at startup. I have nothing to do with whoever it is that sells them.....Just a satisfied end user.

Shesmin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you search on ebay for "MY MAVE MODE" you will find a very easy to install kit that will automatically put your truck into ECO Mode every time you start it. I have one installed and it works great. Now I just start my truck and within seconds it is automatically put into ECO Mode. I just drive away after starting. Worth the $39 or $49 USD depending on if you have remote start on your Key. Make sure you order the correct one as they are slightly different in how they connect. You can still manually select other Modes as required or very easily reprogram it to select any other Mode as default at startup. I have nothing to do with whoever it is that sells them.....Just a satisfied end user.
Also not the seller.
search on e-bay should be for: My Mav MODE
Device is solid state so no relay noises.

Last edited:
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also not the seller.
search on e-bay should be for: My Mav MODE
Device is solid state so no relay noises.
That search does not work well. I just get a bunch of Ranger items. Any other info needed?