First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes S500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I only did a 5 mile sample size on my AWD EcoBoost I could post a picture of my Mav getting over 70 mpg going downhill as well 😂
You need to get a 5,000 mile average for me to believe the nonsense claims or clickbait that people post.
I have 40k on the odometer and average 24.5mpg with 1000lbs of payload every day. My sample numbers are going to be much more accurate since it actually is an average, not a 5 minute trip to the store.
Unless you’re just going for clickbait….

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I only did a 5 mile sample size on my AWD EcoBoost I could post a picture of my Mav getting over 70 mpg going downhill as well 😂
You need to get a 5,000 mile average for me to believe the nonsense claims or clickbait that people post.
I have 40k on the odometer and average 24.5mpg with 1000lbs of payload every day. My sample numbers are going to be much more accurate since it actually is an average, not a 5 minute trip to the store.
Unless you’re just going for clickbait….
I do appreciate that information. And yes everyone's driving is obviously going to be different. I did read a post a few days ago where a gentleman stated that he was on his fifth tank of gas and he was driving so conservatively with his hybrid that he was averaging well over 700 plus miles per tank. Where I live and what I do I will probably only average at most 10 miles of driving per day. As with everybody's driving it's relative to where you live, temperature, AC and heater settings, elevation etc... Thanks for posting I appreciate it. My dashboard has been stuck in the 380ish miles to empty for the last week. So it'll be interesting to see how this first tank actually goes. I would like to achieve what some of the others I've read have done the 600 or 700 mile club. Just having a lot of fun experimenting.

Last edited:

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your excellent post. Some of us might forget that the Maverick hybrid is currently a unique vehicle – hybrid pick-up and it begs mpg experimentation. I drive conservatively, as well. In town watching speedsters race themselves from one light to the next is a spectacle of stupidity. On the freeways here it's either keep to the right and find yourself navigating around the big rig forest or using the faster lanes and holding up those who think 75-80 in traffic is their right. I'm getting to my point . . . so, we often use the HOV lanes to avoid the jams and end up doing 70 at least. I get anywhere between 40-50+ mpg on those excursions in Normal mode. For a pick-up truck of any size, that's insanely great.
Happy motoring!

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Except your trips are an average length of 5 miles....I can get 50 MPG in my 2500 Diesel at that distance. Nothing to see here.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do appreciate that information. And yes everyone's driving is obviously going to be different. I did read a post a few days ago where a gentleman stated that he was on his fifth tank of gas and he was driving so conservatively with his hybrid that he was averaging well over 700 plus miles per tank. Where I live and what I do I will probably only average at most 10 miles of driving per day. As with everybody's driving it's relative to where you live, temperature, AC and heater settings, elevation etc... Thanks for posting I appreciate it. My dashboard has been stuck in the 380ish miles to empty for the last week. So it'll be interesting to see how this first tank actually goes. I would like to achieve what some of the others I've read have done the 600 or 700 mile club. Just having a lot of fun experimenting.
Regarding the "miles to empty": The Maverick is my first hybrid and I have to say how amazed I was to see this number increase at times while on the same tank of gas!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Except your trips are an average length of 5 miles....I can get 50 MPG in my 2500 Diesel at that distance. Nothing to see here.
Jared, the whole point of his postings is how he is experimenting with the mpg and merely passing along that information.

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for your post I appreciate it. I'm currently trying to decide if after this tank of fuel, being that it could potentially last me a very long time, if I should opt and switch to premium fuel for my next fill up. Coming from driving that Chevy Silverado that only averaged around 14 miles per gallon to what I'm getting now it's really helping my budget out a lot. I'm pretty excited to see how many miles I can push these tanks upwards and over.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps a more realistic MPG test:
Ford Maverick Don't drive like you stole it. 53.4 mpg with Hybrid IMG_5066

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Jared, the whole point of his postings is how he is experimenting with the mpg and merely passing along that information.
Well its a poor experiment I think is my point because it is showing a minimal amount of data in an insufficient amount of time.

Lets do an experiment to check to see how well your AC works and only let it run for 2 minutes. "Well he's just experimenting and passing along data!" Yea but no one cares about that data so....

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps a more realistic MPG test:
IMG_5066.jpg
Do you recall what mode you were driving on for this particular trip? So far my experiments have been in normal mode, economy and slippery.

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP