Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is my very first long driving up North (driving up North is a MI thing) in my 2022 XLT Hybrid. I had my Elevate racks on set at the lowest setting (just above the roof line) and my bike rack in my receiver hitch. I stopped at Costco to fill up and from there went on the freeway. I drove about 175 mile @ 70mph all freeway and about 60 miles on the roads going no faster than 60. Filled up, did the calculations got about 40 mpg...The weather driving up North was about 50 - 65 degree with no wind, didn't use my AC and used eco mode. While driving around up North and going no faster than 60 mph I got about 43 mpg.

Now here is some of the things I didn't like about some of the accessories on my hybrid. I have the stubby antenna and my reception wasn't that good. The radio station I would typically get wasn't clear but statically at times. In my Taurus no issues at all getting the same radio station. I'll check to make sure my stubby antenna is screwed in tight enough but I'm going to use my regular antenna next time I go up North.

As for my Elevate Rack they whistle while driving faster than 45 and you can really hear it if you have the back slider window open. I'm going to tape up all the places where I bolt down the rack to the bed with black gorilla tape and place the rubber strip in the T-slots on the bars hoping this will stop the whistling. If I didn't use a hard roll up tonneau I would have opted for the Thule or Yakima bed racks. They were on sale during the Memorial day weekend so it would have been almost on par with the Elevate Rack in terms of price.

Overall, I'm happy with the mpg and comfort. As for road noise it wasn't anything to complain about since I could still hear the radio without really turning it up . The things I didn't like were the accessories I had on my truck (stubby antenna reception and noisy Elevate Rack).

Ford Maverick First Long Drive (XLT Hybrid) IMG_2624
Ford Maverick First Long Drive (XLT Hybrid) IMG_2623
Ford Maverick First Long Drive (XLT Hybrid) IMG_2625
Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is my very first long driving up North (driving up North is a MI thing) in my 2022 XLT Hybrid. I had my Elevate racks on set at the lowest setting (just above the roof line) and my bike rack in my receiver hitch. I stopped at Costco to fill up and from there went on the freeway. I drove about 175 mile @ 70mph all freeway and about 60 miles on the roads going no faster than 60. Filled up, did the calculations got about 40 mpg...The weather driving up North was about 50 - 65 degree with no wind, didn't use my AC and used eco mode. While driving around up North and going no faster than 60 mph I got about 43 mpg.

Now here is some of the things I didn't like about some of the accessories on my hybrid. I have the stubby antenna and my reception wasn't that good. The radio station I would typically get wasn't clear but statically at times. In my Taurus no issues at all getting the same radio station. I'll check to make sure my stubby antenna is screwed in tight enough but I'm going to use my regular antenna next time I go up North.

As for my Elevate Rack they whistle while driving faster than 45 and you can really hear it if you have the back slider window open. I'm going to tape up all the places where I bolt down the rack to the bed with black gorilla tape and place the rubber strip in the T-slots on the bars hoping this will stop the whistling. If I didn't use a hard roll up tonneau I would have opted for the Thule or Yakima bed racks. They were on sale during the Memorial day weekend so it would have been almost on par with the Elevate Rack in terms of price.

Overall, I'm happy with the mpg and comfort. As for road noise it wasn't anything to complain about since I could still hear the radio without really turning it up . The things I didn't like were the accessories I had on my truck (stubby antenna reception and noisy Elevate Rack).

IMG_2624.jpeg
IMG_2623.jpeg
IMG_2625.jpeg
I don't think you have much to complain about, since all the things that bother you were things you added, or changed (stubby antenna). The added drag items will affect MPG, but driving at the speeds you drove, was better for more MPG. I think the Maverick was just the truck for you, and you'll be more then happy you bought it.

OP
OP

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think you have much to complain about, since all the things that bother you were things you added, or changed (stubby antenna). The added drag items will affect MPG, but driving at the speeds you drove, was better for more MPG. I think the Maverick was just the truck for you, and you'll be more then happy you bought it.
Oh no....I,m not complaining one bit at all! My Maverick exceeded all my expectations in terms of mpg & comfort. I just didn't like how the 3rd party accessories performed on my little truck.

Just got back home from up North doing 70 all the way down, had the AC on, this time set the driving mode to slippery and I got just about the same mpg driving up North (40 mpg).
Sponsored