WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to attach a couple of photos to show what is capable of with the hybrid Maverick being driven very conservatively (very minimal effort applied in acceleration and letting gravity and hills adjust my speed accordingly and braking very conservatively) in Eco mode. I have not tried out any of the other modes and I will post as I try out the other modes mainly focusing on fuel economy as that is in keeping with why I specifically purchased this vehicle. As like other things in life you get out of it what you put into it and I am putting in a maximum effort to really try and test the fuel economy and what this truck can actually do as far as miles per gallon and what I can get away with in my daily commute to work and everywhere else in between. I do have a few trips that are 10 miles and over that I was able to achieve 51.8 miles per gallon consistently I however was not taking pictures of those totals until recently.

Ford Maverick Don't drive like you stole it. 53.4 mpg with Hybrid PXL_20221019_034414654~2

Ford Maverick Don't drive like you stole it. 53.4 mpg with Hybrid PXL_20221016_193353530

Ford Maverick Don't drive like you stole it. 53.4 mpg with Hybrid PXL_20221019_123645098.MP
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sliphorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to attach a couple of photos to show what is capable of with the hybrid Maverick being driven very conservatively (very minimal effort applied in acceleration and letting gravity and pills adjust my speed accordingly and breaking very conservatively) in Eco mode. I have not tried out any of the other modes and I will post as I try out the other modes mainly focusing on fuel economy as that is in keeping with why I specifically purchased this vehicle. As like other things in life you get out of it what you put into it and I am putting in a maximum effort to really try and test the fuel economy and what this truck can actually do as far as miles per gallon and what I can get away with in my daily commute to work and everywhere else in between. I do have a few trips that are 10 miles and over that I was able to achieve 51.8 miles per gallon consistently I however was not taking pictures of those totals until recently.

PXL_20221019_034414654~2.jpg

PXL_20221016_193353530.jpg
You let gravity and pills adjust your speed? Wow, what kind of pills are you taking? Breaking too? Sorry to hear that. Those must be some special pills.

Yes, the hybrid is capable of excellent m.p.g. Good for you!

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am going to attach a couple of photos to show what is capable of with the hybrid Maverick being driven very conservatively (very minimal effort applied in acceleration and letting gravity and pills adjust my speed accordingly and breaking very conservatively) in Eco mode. I have not tried out any of the other modes and I will post as I try out the other modes mainly focusing on fuel economy as that is in keeping with why I specifically purchased this vehicle. As like other things in life you get out of it what you put into it and I am putting in a maximum effort to really try and test the fuel economy and what this truck can actually do as far as miles per gallon and what I can get away with in my daily commute to work and everywhere else in between. I do have a few trips that are 10 miles and over that I was able to achieve 51.8 miles per gallon consistently I however was not taking pictures of those totals until recently.

PXL_20221019_034414654~2.jpg

PXL_20221016_193353530.jpg
I never use Eco mode and don't plan on every using it. Only Normal and Sport for me. Not even trying I get 50+mpg on a lot of my trips. One 45 minute trip a few weeks back with lots of hills I was at 54.3 mpg. That was in normal mode.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You let gravity and pills adjust your speed? Wow, what kind of pills are you taking? Breaking too? Sorry to hear that. Those must be some special pills.

All you need in life is gravity and pills!

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never use Eco mode and don't plan on every using it. Only Normal and Sport for me. Not even trying I get 50+mpg on a lot of my trips. One 45 minute trip a few weeks back with lots of hills I was at 54.3 mpg. That was in normal mode.
Thanks for sharing that info. I plan on doing tests in all the modes on a given route that has a known distance that I continually travel and try to drive the exact same way to lessen the variables. I'm having a lot of fun doing these experiments right now, basically I'm trying to top and come up with a new PR every time. But obviously others and traffic are sometimes variables that I cannot control.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Thank you for the catch on my grammar errors. I almost always use talk to text and if I'm in a hurry obviously I don't go back and do spell check :)Have a great day.

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You still have beginner mileage WhiteGhost, should be better after 2K. Mine improved about 15% more from the beginning.

yb98

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 camery & 22 XL AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got to love it when people post a 5 mi sample size

Sponsored
OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you very much guys for your feedback, getting a lot of great info from you. That's exactly why titled this thread "Don't drive it like you stole it" First off that's an attention getter. Secondly, it was was to cultivate a conversation about tactics and tips for getting the most out of your fuel economy and maybe inspiring some of us that have not tried to drive in other modes or adjust our driving to see what we are capable of in our daily drives. Some of us drive many miles a day to work and to play across highways, interstates, hilly mountainous terrain. While others of us have short commutes to either work, taking kids to school and picking them up, or maybe just to go grab something to eat or hit the gym. I appreciate the trend of the thread. To those of you that have commented or posted some of your sampling size photos, thanks for that. I could sarcastically post a few of the photos that I've taken of just moving around in my driveway where I got 999 miles per gallon but that kind of defeats the purpose of what I'm going for here. And I do understand that obviously new vehicles have a burn in phase where they have to find their groove and that does skew results. But that being said I just want us all to have fun out there. Have a blessed one.

• Love
Reactions: Dad

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
most cars if you drive not like you stole it will get great mpg. This even applies to driving a tank down a hill. Don't step on the throttle and let gravity do the work and I bet you can get similar mileage. Having said that I will drive my hybrid just like I would with any other vehicle and that is based on my mood. No need to keep checking the EV coach or watching my foot on the gas. Ain't got time for that.

OP
OP
WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
most cars if you drive not like you stole it will get great mpg. This even applies to driving a tank down a hill. Don't step on the throttle and let gravity do the work and I bet you can get similar mileage. Having said that I will drive my hybrid just like I would with any other vehicle and that is based on my mood. No need to keep checking the EV coach or watching my foot on the gas. Ain't got time for that.
I appreciate that information. I am switching from a 2003 Chevy Silverado that I had lifted with aggressive off-road tires and some serious aftermarket exhaust done to it. So with this new Maverick I'm trending towards the opposite end of the spectrum as I was only getting around 14 miles per gallon in that Silverado so this is been quite a culture shock for me, in regards to fuel economy. I've done a few side tests where I was only getting 30ish miles to the gallon using my old style of driving that I used in my Silverado and now that I've changed the way I'm driving to accommodate the fuel economy on my new Maverick I can fluctuate the Mavericks fuel economy by probably 20ish miles to the gallon based upon how aggressive I drive.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ford Maverick Don't drive like you stole it. 53.4 mpg with Hybrid cuuzb
Sponsored