First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I originally ordered a Maverick but when I was told that it had gone from April to 2023 to arrive...
2023? That's odd. I haven't heard of any MY 2022 orders that have been pushed into 2023. Some hybrid orders that came in after the cutoff were cancelled, but not pushed to 2023. Did you actually have an order in with Ford, or did something go wrong with your order?
I asked exactly what was needed to hold the truck for me and the dealership said $1000 deposit was all. I paid the deposit within 30 minutes of hearing about the truck.
I understand that the dealer doesn't have to honor any deal unless I had paid in full.
Did you get anything in writing signed by the dealership? If you have a signed Buyer's Order for that truck you may have some legal recourse. I don't think you have to pay in full for the dealer to be bound. You just have to have an enforceable contract.
Sponsored

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
So this was a stock order of dealer and not your retail order that they sold to someone else instead to you even though you had a deposit on it? Is that correct?

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
2023? That's odd. I haven't heard of any MY 2022 orders that have been pushed into 2023. Some hybrid orders that came in after the cutoff were cancelled, but not pushed to 2023. Did you actually have an order in with Ford, or did something go wrong with your order?

Did you get anything in writing signed by the dealership? If you have a signed Buyer's Order for that truck you may have some legal recourse.
I placed an order in Lampasas. The official statement he said was April-June, but this was with the hybrid engine and the factories are shut down for the foreseeable future? Due to the Omicron. I had one that I found before but it didn't ship, I was told that it had a chip issue

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So this was a stock order of dealer and not your retail order that they sold to someone else instead to you even though you had a deposit on it? Is that correct?
Correct, I was informed before the truck ever arrived, placed the deposit. I would have gone to get it that day but it was going to be lifted.

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick

Did you get anything in writing signed by the dealership? If you have a signed Buyer's Order for that truck you may have some legal recourse. I don't think you have to pay in full for the dealer to be bound. You just have to have an enforceable contract.
Let me get the deposit form. I will attach it

Sponsored

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Yea even though this is still a bad thing on dealers part, they most probably got more money from other party than what you were going to pay. but on stock orders they can do whatever they want.

I have had this happened to me once and to me actually happened even after they had pulled my credit and approved for financing and still the unit was sold to another buyer "ACCIDENTALLY/UNINTENTIONALLY " lol

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed an order in Lampasas. The official statement he said was April-June, but this was with the hybrid engine and the factories are shut down for the foreseeable future? Due to the Omicron. I had one that I found before but it didn't ship, I was told that it had a chip issue
It sounds like you've been told some questionable things.

The factories are not shut down for the foreseeable future because of Omicron as far as I know. (And I think we would have heard about it if it were true.)

The only reason people who made timely hybrid orders (before the November cutoff date) wouldn't get their truck in 2022 is that the dealer failed to put the order in correctly and missed the cutoff. (As far as we know. There has been no announcement of Ford cancelling timely hybrid orders.)

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Yea even though this is still a bad thing on dealers part, they most probably got more money from other party than what you were going to pay. but on stock orders they can do whatever they want.

I have had this happened to me once and to me actually happened even after they had pulled my credit and approved for financing and still the unit was sold to another buyer "ACCIDENTALLY/UNINTENTIONALLY " lol
Thank you, I just wanted people to be aware to ask questions. All I can say is that they can do anything they want but bad faith business is something that I would want people to share with me. I would not really be that upset if the manager wasn't ghosting me lol

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No truck or car is worth going through this crap.

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fair enough to think that. I really appreciate healthy skepticism, lol just not any more than a warning story. But if you use doggett Ford I would highly recommend David Clarr he helped even after the truck was sold out from underneath me.
Thoughts retracted.

Sponsored

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
same thing with me see signature

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
It sounds like you've been told some questionable things.

The factories are not shut down for the foreseeable future because of Omicron as far as I know. (And I think we would have heard about it if it were true.)

The only reason people who made timely hybrid orders (before the November cutoff date) wouldn't get their truck in 2022 is that the dealer failed to put the order in correctly and missed the cutoff. (As far as we know. There has been no announcement of Ford cancelling timely hybrid orders.)
That would be awesome! The soonest I have seen estimated mid January for a hybrid. June is what I am expecting. I was originally planning on using this XLT until my order arrived. Unfortunately I was not aware that I can't install a 4k tow kit. I can't stress enough how much I really enjoy the feel, pep, space of the Maverick. I don't know if anyone knows of a grill that would be a good option to make fit on the Maverick?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be awesome! The soonest I have seen estimated mid January for a hybrid. June is what I am expecting. I was originally planning on using this XLT until my order arrived. Unfortunately I was not aware that I can't install a 4k tow kit. I can't stress enough how much I really enjoy the feel, pep, space of the Maverick. I don't know if anyone knows of a grill that would be a good option to make fit on the Maverick?
I guess I'm confused about what happened to you. Let me see if I've got this now:
  1. You ordered a hybrid Maverick in Lampassas and that order is still pending.
  2. You tried to buy a different Maverick Lariat off the lot at Doggett Ford (in Houston?) and they sold it out from under you.
  3. Then you bought a Maverick XLT in Mesquite.
The problem with #1 is that the dealer told you your hybrid wouldn't come until 2023.
The problem with #2 is that they took your deposit and then sold the truck to someone else. (You hadn't signed a contract on the #2 truck but did have some kind of deposit receipt.)
The problem with #3 is that you got a FWD and can't install a 4K tow kit.

So now you are thinking of selling the #3 Maverick XLT when your original hybrid order arrives.

Did I get that right? If so, you lead a complex life... :sneaky:

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I guess I'm confused about what happened to you. Let me see if I've got this now:
  1. You ordered a hybrid Maverick in Lampassas and that order is still pending.
  2. You tried to buy a different Maverick Lariat off the lot at Doggett Ford (in Houston?) and they sold it out from under you.
  3. Then you bought a Maverick XLT in Mesquite.
The problem with #1 is that the dealer told you your hybrid wouldn't come until 2023.
The problem with #2 is that they took your deposit and then sold the truck to someone else. (You hadn't signed a contract on the #2 truck but did have some kind of deposit receipt.)
The problem with #3 is that you got a FWD and can't install a 4K tow kit.

So now you are thinking of selling the #3 Maverick XLT when your original hybrid order arrives.

Did I get that right? If so, you lead a complex life... :sneaky:
Yes and I have to admit it that this is pretty much par for the course lol
I should add that I was just recently cleared to drive again after 3 years. I started to have seizures. So now I am finally able to drive I was a little over eager. I live on a 300 acre ranch and breed mini cattle so you can imagine how much being able to drive again means to me.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I will attach the deposit form. I can only say that I did everything I was asked to do and it was deposited on the same day I was told it would be coming
So you never ordered a Maverick like the rest of us waiting months for delivery, you simply lost a normal dealer stock vehicle that you were told was coming in by a random salesman and put a deposit down on that? There is a Huge difference from losing a car you ordered, paid a deposit on and waited months to get.

Some people here are going to confuse and scare the $HIT out of others here.
Sponsored

Last edited: