First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I should add that I was just recently cleared to drive again after 3 years.
Congratulations on that. I'm sure you'll be able to sell you XLT when the time comes if you want to, or keep it and sell the hybrid. Both will still be in somewhat short supply.
Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because I am expecting to see more and more of this, I'm trying to get a handle on when it happens and when it doesn't.

So I want to ask, what kind of paperwork did you have? Did you have anything signed by the dealership?

And if so, what? Was it a DORA? Or a Buyer's Order? Or something else?

Knowing the circumstances in which a dealer will be able to do this might help other people protect themselves.
My thing is I got my scheduled for production email from Ford and it said we are building your Maverick not the dealers truck. Unfortunately some dealers are just SNAKE OIL SALESMAN, They have no Honor

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it’s bullshit to put a deposit down on a vehicle coming in and they sell it to someone else. If you got something in writing with the VIN # and they took a deposit then they should be held liable.

So this same dealer would be ok if the depositor bought a different vehicle from another dealer and wanted his deposit back? Yeah probably not.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not dealer bashing as I have no reason to. I originally ordered a Maverick but when I was told that it had gone from April to 2023 to arrive; I started to call around and see what I could find.
Seeing how you quickly found a replacement, I assume you got an ecoboost.

Highly doubt the wait for those is into 2023. You could order one now and get it in 2022 if 2.0.

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
So you never ordered a Maverick like the rest of us waiting months for delivery, you simply lost a normal dealer stock vehicle that you were told was coming in by a random salesman and put a deposit down on that? There is a Huge difference from losing a car you ordered, paid a deposit on and waited months to get.

Some people here are going to confuse and scare the $HIT out of others here.
I have ordered a Maverick but I also decided to look around and not just wait. Either way, I feel since I have no deposit on my order that this is a possibility in any case. Basically I lost a car that I had placed a deposit on before it was even at the dealership. I apologize but I fail to see the HUGE difference.

Sponsored

Dfw Maverick

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx4
Lucky for me I placed 2 maverick orders with 2 different dealership both had deposit. Only one called me told me my maverick arrived. The other never bothered to inform my maverick was delivered and I discovered they've sold the maverick. I did spoke to gm about it he informed me that that order didn't have a customer name on it... when I showed him the Dora # and my work order. All he can do was to apologize for the mishap. And refunded my deposit on the spot. With the other dealership called me said my maverick is here. I bought that one. Both the same order. So someone else in dfw has a velocity blue maverick xlt Fx4.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Lol, some of you people have some funny ideas.

It's not "yours" until you pay for it.

hmmm, I've been having a long running discussion (civilized) on here with another member who strongly believes YOU "control" your ordered Maverick until such a time as you walk away and don't complete purchase and take delivery. Maybe he'll see this thread and offer his words of wisdom :unsure:

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Oh, and to be clear, I'm sorry for the OPs experience. That sucks!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lol, some of you people have some funny ideas.

It's not "yours" until you pay for it.
right. and that is the side of the argument I was advocating. More than 1 person on here kept insisting they should be compensated and holding out for some $ kick back from dealer for NOT completing their purchase when they had no grounds for such a ludicrous demand 🙃

davedogg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD Jeep Wrangler 2 Door for Mav.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are they amazing if they sold your truck and didn't warn you?

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
I have ordered a Maverick but I also decided to look around and not just wait. Either way, I feel since I have no deposit on my order that this is a possibility in any case. Basically I lost a car that I had placed a deposit on before it was even at the dealership. I apologize but I fail to see the HUGE difference.
It is a huge difference, read around on the forums more and you'll understand why. That was not YOUR Maverick.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is a huge difference, read around on the forums more and you'll understand why. That was not YOUR Maverick.
It isn't one's car but it was a signed legal agreement.
With every one of these busted contracts goes Ford's Corporate reputation.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
It isn't one's car but it was a signed legal agreement.
With every one of these busted contracts goes Ford's Corporate reputation.
Show me a signed legal agreement then. Every other scenario here was just a "verbal" agreement and the member crying bloody murder that they sold "my" maverick. Unless both parties have a signed copy then it doesn't mean anything. OP stated deposit. Sorry to burst your bubble but a deposit isn't a legally binding agreement.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You breed “mini cattle” on a 300 acre farm?

WTF are they used for? Why mini cattle ? Less meat less milk.
can I get one as a pet instead of a dog ?

edit : I see I’m on a regional Texas forum. Out of my depth with the mini cattle

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Integrity.
Sponsored