First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Show me a signed legal agreement then. Every other scenario here was just a "verbal" agreement and the member crying bloody murder that they sold "my" maverick. Unless both parties have a signed copy then it doesn't mean anything. OP stated deposit. Sorry to burst your bubble but a deposit isn't a legally binding agreement.
Still if your intention is to actually purchase the truck you ordered and the dealer sells it out from under you that's not right either You should have 1st rights of refusal for the truck
Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Still if your intention is to actually purchase the truck you ordered and the dealer sells it out from under you that's not right either You should have 1st rights of refusal for the truck
Yes, I've already said special orders are one thing but placing a "deposit" on an abandoned order or dealer stock unit is a waste of time, they take the first chance to sell it from under you since that's not a legal binding agreement. If you place a special order you should really pressure your dealer to give you a signed P&S agreement

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have ordered a Maverick but I also decided to look around and not just wait. Either way, I feel since I have no deposit on my order that this is a possibility in any case. Basically I lost a car that I had placed a deposit on before it was even at the dealership. I apologize but I fail to see the HUGE difference.
The difference would be that the vehicle is only able to be ordered because of that customer. The dealer is required to offer/sell it to you first because it's literally ordered in your name. if you decide to pass then is fair game though.

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have had an order in from July 12 and is still not scheduled. Salesman called and said they had a cancelled order that came in and the sales manager said to give me first choice. Told them I was on my way right then bur when I got to the dealer my salesperson and sales manager found out another salesperson had already sold it

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
The difference would be that the vehicle is only able to be ordered because of that customer. The dealer is required to offer/sell it to you first because it's literally ordered in your name. if you decide to pass then is fair game though.
Yes, there's a reason Ford dings a dealer's allocation if the person who purchases is different from the person who actually ordered it.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes When Ford sends you the magic email it says we are building this Maverick just for you with no mention of the dealer. But yes doing a deal on dealer stock weather it's on the lot or in transit it's first come first served 😉

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
still not getting the mini cattle ranching on 300 acres. Even Google doesn't clear it up. Do you sell these to people who want to bring a cow home for milk or meat? and their freezers are not big enough to fit a full-size cow?

sorry, city boy here. I get my meat at Costco
Sponsored