Doggett Ford sold my Maverick

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just a heads up, I had a Lariat from Doggett Ford on deposit, that they sold out from underneath me less than 24 hours before picking up. They waited until my salesperson David was on his day off.. David and Austin were amazing but I just want people to be aware that they were very quick to break an agreement.

I just picked up an XLT today and this was Town East Ford in Mesquite TX. I am really just going to want to add the safety system and tow package. Great truck and a great drive.
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have a deposit on it?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a heads up, I had a Lariat from Doggett Ford on deposit, that they sold out from underneath me less than 24 hours before picking up. They waited until my salesperson David was on his day off.. David and Austin were amazing but I just want people to be aware that they were very quick to break an agreement.

I just picked up an XLT today and this was Town East Ford in Mesquite TX. I am really just going to want to add the safety system and tow package. Great truck and a great drive.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you can’t add the safety system, and you can add a hitch but not the whole 4K tow package.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a heads up, I had a Lariat from Doggett Ford on deposit, that they sold out from underneath me less than 24 hours before picking up.
Because I am expecting to see more and more of this, I'm trying to get a handle on when it happens and when it doesn't.

So I want to ask, what kind of paperwork did you have? Did you have anything signed by the dealership?

And if so, what? Was it a DORA? Or a Buyer's Order? Or something else?

Knowing the circumstances in which a dealer will be able to do this might help other people protect themselves.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Was this a dealer order or retail order?

Sponsored

Atisko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan rogue

God Doggett! What was there justification to do it?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hmmm, I've been having a long running discussion (civilized) on here with another member who strongly believes YOU "control" your ordered Maverick until such a time as you walk away and don't complete purchase and take delivery. Maybe he'll see this thread and offer his words of wisdom :unsure:

JanTheSexyVektan

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don't even understand what is going on here. You ordered a Lariat, placed a deposit but they sold it...and then you bought an XLT and you like it. What about the deposit? Are you happy or mad? Both?

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This post smells fishy. OP joined today, only message is this one, and no follow up. Seems like a dealer bash, but I'm happy to retract my thoughts if more messages bear out the situation.

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I am not dealer bashing as I have no reason to. I originally ordered a Maverick but when I was told that it had gone from April to 2023 to arrive; I started to call around and see what I could find.
I had a salesperson David Clarr contact me about a Lariat that was arriving on December 13th. I asked exactly what was needed to hold the truck for me and the dealership said $1000 deposit was all. I paid the deposit within 30 minutes of hearing about the truck.

It arrived the on the 6th of December, and I had the cash in hand and was going to pick it up Wednesday. That would allow them the time to lift it, bedliner and tint. I spoke with the parts department and they were also adding the side toolboxes. So by 11pm Monday all that was left was for me to see it and pay in full cash.

This is a version of the text message that I was sent Tuesday at 1pm.

Good afternoon Lawrence, allegedly another salesman took a deposit that was undocumented and he sold the Maverick this morning.

Today is my day off and I will get your deposit refunded back to you tomorrow when I get to work.

I understand that the dealer doesn't have to honor any deal unless I had paid in full. As I said David Clarr and Austin in the parts department were amazing.
The dealer just made the decision to break faith and the deposit was meaningless because they did not honor it.

I can only assume that someone paid more than the 40k I would have been paying. It is just a bit strange that this happened on my salesman's day off.
The manager will not respond to my voice mail and emails.

I just wanted to let others know that until the truck is completely paid for, I would be cautious.
I realize and hope that this is a very uncommon situation and that no one has something like this happen but I wanted to let people know, and make sure that we all know what questions we need to ask.

The XLT I bought yesterday, the salesman went and hid the truck and I bought it in 18 hours.

I appreciate the heads up about the safety package. I can pay my friend to work on making me a grill now lol
Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This post smells fishy. OP joined today, only message is this one, and no follow up. Seems like a dealer bash, but I'm happy to retract my thoughts if more messages bear out the situation.
Fair enough to think that. I really appreciate healthy skepticism, lol just not any more than a warning story. But if you use doggett Ford I would highly recommend David Clarr he helped even after the truck was sold out from underneath me.

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I don't even understand what is going on here. You ordered a Lariat, placed a deposit but they sold it...and then you bought an XLT and you like it. What about the deposit? Are you happy or mad? Both?
I am happy that I found the XLT, I was furious with the actions on the Lariat. The deposit was refunded but it basically says that x amount of money was paid for x goods and services.
This is just to inform others that sometimes you are not as guaranteed as you may believe.
I like the XLT, but I made sure to pick it up about 18 hours after finding out about it and 7 hour round trip drive. I really enjoyed the drive home though!

OP
OP

Calenzo

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Because I am expecting to see more and more of this, I'm trying to get a handle on when it happens and when it doesn't.

So I want to ask, what kind of paperwork did you have? Did you have anything signed by the dealership?

And if so, what? Was it a DORA? Or a Buyer's Order? Or something else?

Knowing the circumstances in which a dealer will be able to do this might help other people protect themselves.
I will attach the deposit form. I can only say that I did everything I was asked to do and it was deposited on the same day I was told it would be coming
Sponsored