Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does my 22 automatically roll to a 23?

I’m one of the late order guys (January) and knew going in this would be a long distance marathon. My question is, do I have to re-sign something if my 22 goes to a 23? Or do I just sit back and do nothing and it’s automatically rolled? I’ve never received any email or special offers from Ford in all the time from ordering and talking to Ford‘s customer service they said I should be good, but suggested talking to my dealer. My sales guy (at one of the largest Ford’s in WA.) says don’t worry about it, you won’t lose your place in line. But he sounded a little unsure himself. I ordered a 39k Lariat so I might be looking at a 2024 with all the constraints going on. Anyone have the real poop?
Sponsored

xlt-doug

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick (soon) Escape (current)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, you must reorder with your original dealership if you want to keep your place in line. You will receive a private offer from ford to offset price increases. All of this is speculation as ford has not officially made any announcements.

OP
OP
Aerohead

Aerohead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aerohead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37S, XLR, 74 G10, 2019 Connect Cargo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for your reply. THEORETICALLY it appears as; I should just wait for an email from Ford (presumably before September 15) then take it to my dealer, sort it out, re-sign, and he puts me back in line (hopefully not losing my place). Is that about it?

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That seems to be the rumor. My salesperson who regularly communicates with me about the status of my order when she checks her orders says she honestly just doesn't know yet the specifics. Ford apparently has not filled the dealerships in yet on the specific process. I'm also a January order and fully expect to be rolled over to 23. There is no black or white on paper plan as of yet. I'm just going to wait to hear from her once the specifics are released and/or wait for an Email from Ford.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That seems to be the rumor. My salesperson who regularly communicates with me about the status of my order when she checks her orders says she honestly just doesn't know yet the specifics. Ford apparently has not filled the dealerships in yet on the specific process. I'm also a January order and fully expect to be rolled over to 23. There is no black or white on paper plan as of yet. I'm just going to wait to hear from her once the specifics are released and/or wait for an Email from Ford.
I too ordered an eco on second to last day. I have not received one email. So I went to the dealer in April and asked to see the covp. That tells you if you have truly been approved by Ford. Ford customer service can not see that. And yes, you do have to put in a new order to keep your place in line. If you live close to your dealer, I would definitely go by ask to see the covp. The info I am passing along is what Tim Bartz says about the covp. Don't wait for that email. Follow this site and more info should come out by early September.

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too ordered an eco on second to last day. I have not received one email. So I went to the dealer in April and asked to see the covp. That tells you if you have truly been approved by Ford. Ford customer service can not see that. And yes, you do have to put in a new order to keep your place in line. If you live close to your dealer, I would definitely go by ask to see the covp. The info I am passing along is what Tim Bartz says about the covp. Don't wait for that email. Follow this site and more info should come out by early September.
Yea, fortunately my dealership did the order correctly. Its in "order processing" mode and has been for quite awhile. Ive received a couple emails from Ford but that wasn't until last month.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifics! A step-by-step set of instructions please! Ford needs to demonstrate they have a real plan here that buyers and dealers both understand and can follow. After waiting almost a year for my 2022 with virtual silence from Ford, I'm past ready for some solid communication from Ford that assures me my 2022/2023Maverick really will be built, ahead of new orders that just come in. I don't want to later learn things weren't done right when I don't know what the process will be. Oh yeah...and some advance notice before the order bank opens might be nice too!

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifics! A step-by-step set of instructions please! Ford needs to demonstrate they have a real plan here that buyers and dealers both understand and can follow.
You're assuming they have a plan. I think they're only plan is that they know what a disaster the Bronco roll-over was, so they need to do something different. I suspect part of the '22 production extension is the hope that they can get all, or at least most, of the outstanding orders pushed through. The fewer roll-overs they need to deal with, the easier it will be.

The one fact that has come out is under no circumstances let your dealer cancel your '22 order until you have that private offer in hand. Also, don't remove any options you really want (like Lux and/or 360) as that will affect the private offer $ amount.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow to me it's unacceptable that Ford customer service can't see that. Many people on this forum have wated months only to find out they have no covp.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I’m one of the late order guys (January) and knew going in this would be a long distance marathon. My question is, do I have to re-sign something if my 22 goes to a 23? Or do I just sit back and do nothing and it’s automatically rolled? I’ve never received any email or special offers from Ford in all the time from ordering and talking to Ford‘s customer service they said I should be good, but suggested talking to my dealer. My sales guy (at one of the largest Ford’s in WA.) says don’t worry about it, you won’t lose your place in line. But he sounded a little unsure himself. I ordered a 39k Lariat so I might be looking at a 2024 with all the constraints going on. Anyone have the real poop?
Just sit back and enjoy the ride 😎 if there's any change with your truck you will hear from your dealer or Ford

Sponsored

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Nope, no one has the poop! :) Mostly what I do know is, as others have said, you will need to go in and order a MY23 on or about Sept 15. Don't cancel your MY22 order, Ford will combine the two orders at some point, giving you the original order date for your place in line. But you can change almost anything on the re-ordered MY23, but don't change the MY22 order. Do watch Fordvideoguy for best info updates, and Johnny's Car Care videos. Do keep up on this forum for more updates.
I ordered a loaded Lariat on Jan 11, so I'm hoping to get rolled over myself. I ordered from Fugate Ford in Enumclaw.
Maybe we can have a Maverick Meet-up for western WA, but it will have to wait awhile or it will be a small party.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wow to me it's unacceptable that Ford customer service can't see that. Many people on this forum have wated months only to find out they have no covp.
I agree and still feel a little unsure. To wait so long and then get kicked to the curb would be brutal.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's ROVP not COVP