First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a Hybrid on the 21st of October and if I don't receive my truck until August or so I actually hope it gets titled as a 2023. There is a point when the value is effected. Down the road if the truck is sold some buyers may pass it up because it's a year older. It seems to be more of a psychological factor in some cases but I don't think it's fair to order any vehicle and wait 10-12 months for delivery and be titled as a previous year model. IMO, I think Ford should have a cutoff production date for MY22 titling without altering any production scheduling. The cutoff date should correlate with the date Ford starts taking MY23 orders -- again without altering order of production for orders taken before that date.

Of coarse I wouldn't feel that way if I ordered a First Edition -- they must be built as a 2022 as long as FE is not available in MY23.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered a Hybrid on the 21st of October and if I don't receive my truck until August or so I actually hope it gets titled as a 2023. There is a point when the value is effected. Down the road if the truck is sold some buyers may pass it up because it's a year older. It seems to be more of a psychological factor in some cases but I don't think it's fair to order any vehicle and wait 10-12 months for delivery and be titled as a previous year model. IMO, I think Ford should have a cutoff production date for MY22 titling without altering any production scheduling. The cutoff date should correlate with the date Ford starts taking MY23 orders -- again without altering order of production for orders taken before that date.

Of coarse I wouldn't feel that way if I ordered a First Edition -- they must be built as a 2022 as long as FE is not available in MY23.
This was kinda what I have been thinking. I think I would rather be first of the '23 MY than the last of the '22 MY. For value sake.

Unless a feature I really wanted was not available in the next model year. Then I might be willing to be end of the production run. But there's also a chance that MY '23 could have some additional options.

OP
OP
thallman1125

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was kinda what I have been thinking. I think I would rather be first of the '23 MY than the last of the '22 MY. For value sake.

Unless a feature I really wanted was not available in the next model year. Then I might be willing to be end of the production run. But there's also a chance that MY '23 could have some additional options.
My thinking exactly

Jrpink13

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS
Curious, anyone have experience where they ordered a vehicle for that year but was later pushed automatically by Ford to receive a vehicle for the following year?

I’m trying to see if the options and the price we selected for 2022 would be the same for 2023 if Ford cannot build the Maverick in time for some of us.

I ordered the Lariat EcoBoost with Lux, FX4, 4K, 360, sunroof, SIBL, and the Touchlink lights in the bed on 10/16. I’ve only received the confirmation email.

If the specs comes out for the 2023 Maverick before I receive my 2022, and the 2023 has Sync4 in it, I will probably opt to wait for the 2023.
Well because you ordered an EB your truck is guaranteed to be built this model year. If you had a hybrid than things would be up in the air. Ford has said that they won't release any information on the MY23 Maverick until the week before the orders open up at the end of the summer. They are trying to avoid having all of the orders at the trail end from cancelling by not giving us any info on next year's model.

Last edited:

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The fact that Ford shut down ordering so early shows they intend to fill all their current orders this model year. They announced the order cut off dates in advance. They chose those cutoff dates for Hybrid and later EcoBoost based on projections of how many slots they had left and how many would order once they announced a cutoff.

With that said, it was all a guesstimate. Should they have further production issues and/or supply constraints, it's possible those on the backend may get pushed into MY '23. But I don't think it will be a huge number.

But something clearly is wrong with Hybrid production right now. Obviously. Productions dates just slid darn near a month across the board, with EcoBoost moving up to take their slots. Something major is going on there. And if they aren't able to make that up between now and end of '22 production, we could probably infer at this point up to a full month of Hybrid people at the tail end get pushed to MY '23.

But if it is caused by a temporary supply constraint, it is still reasonable to make up the time. Maybe Ford will explain a little more about Hybrid delays. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Or maybe @fordvideoguy may get the scoop!
Sounds like they intend to fill all their current orders for this model year IF THE DEALER YOU ORDERED FROM HAS AVAILABLE ALLOCATION to get to you.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like they intend to fill all their current orders for this model year IF THE DEALER YOU ORDERED FROM HAS AVAILABLE ALLOCATION to get to you.
Allocation has to do with the order they get scheduled. If Ford accepted your order, you will still get filled this year. But if your dealer has low allocation to order ratio, you will be at the back of the line. And perhaps a higher likelihood of getting bumped to MY '23 if bumps end up happening.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Source, please? Official source from Ford saying they will not be able to fulfill 2022 orders.
Exactly, this person can’t back up what he posted. Speculation, guessing, magic 8 ball, fortune teller, etc are not good sources.
Sponsored