Sponsored

Do you think they will let my GF buy mine ?

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
So my GF and I had went in and (with no money down) both ordered a Maverick several weeks ago. Right from the start I was only about 30% sure I'd end up buying mine, and now I'm sure I will not.
Anyway, now we have both gotten emails that confirm our trucks are being built, and will be shipped in the first part of October.....
But now, my GF thinks she likes the one I built (with a few more options) and the paint I chose (Area 51... Which she didn't order, as she didn't want the same color as mine, but she always liked it)

So, if they message me to say "my truck is in" and we show up for her to buy it, do you think that would be a problem ?
Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my GF and I had went in and (with no money down) both ordered a Maverick several weeks ago. Right from the start I was only about 30% sure I'd end up buying mine, and now I'm sure I will not.
Anyway, now we have both gotten emails that confirm our trucks are being built, and will be shipped in the first part of October.....
But now, my GF thinks she likes the one I built (with a few more options) and the paint I chose (Area 51... Which she didn't order, as she didn't want the same color as mine, but she always liked it)

So, if they message me to say "my truck is in" and we show up for her to buy it, do you think that would be a problem ?
No, I don't think there will be a problem. Yeah, the dealer will be annoyed that they are only getting one sale instead of 2, but they can easily resell the extra truck.

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't think they'll care, but be very clear what you want to do.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think they'll care, but be very clear what you want to do.
Be sure the two of you have a written agreement (or trust) how the Title, Sales tax, etc is covered. I would anticipate what could go wrong a year, or more later.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™m sure her money is just as green as yours wouldā€™ve been.

Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is her build that she is walking away from? Where are yā€™all located?

Thinking out loud here, maybe someone on the forums wants hereā€™s and you can sell that to the dealer to ensure they donā€™t pull anything funky.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
No, I don't think there will be a problem. Yeah, the dealer will be annoyed that they are only getting one sale instead of 2, but they can easily resell the extra truck.
TBH, when we ordered them, the dealer told me > sure, we hope you will take them both just as soon as they come in, however, even if you don't, would you plz still order a couple of them ? as that's the only way we can get them here... And if you both canceled, I'm sure we will sell both of them in like 2 or 3 days anyway šŸ˜‰

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
What is her build that she is walking away from? Where are yā€™all located?

Thinking out loud here, maybe someone on the forums wants hereā€™s and you can sell that to the dealer to ensure they donā€™t pull anything funky.
Both were XLT's. Only difference is mine had a spray in bedliner, and a hardtop bed over + like I say, she seems to like the paint color I chose better. She had only ordered the brighter blue metallic because she didn't want the same paint as mine.
Yea, if someone on the forum here wanted hers, it's in Sacramento. I'd totally see if they could buy hers. It's a Hybrid XLT the brighter blue metallic (I forget what they call it, looks really nice though) and that pretty much it, with hers. Maybe a spray in bedliner... She couldn't remember šŸ™‚ lol

Last edited:

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Both were XLT's. Only difference is mine had a spray in bedliner, and a hardtop bed over + like I say, she seems to like the paint color I chose better. She had only ordered the brighter blue metallic because she didn't want the same paint as mine.
Yea, if someone on the forum here wanted hers, it's in Sacramento. I'd totally see if they could buy hers. It's a Hybrid XLT the brighter blue metallic (I forget what they call it, looks really nice though) and that pretty much it, with hers. Maybe a spray in bedliner... She couldn't remember šŸ™‚ lol
Nice, a Hybrid build. You should be able to find plenty of takers I assume.

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They won't be disappointed at all, they'll get to make way more money

Sponsored

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealer might prefer if he gets to sell it so you might ask him first. :)

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
The dealer might prefer if he gets to sell it so you might ask him first. :)
Well if they call me to tell me my truck is ready, we will both just show up. If they call her to say hers is ready, we will both go down to talk with them...

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either way I am sure it will work out for both of you.
For me it's hard to figure out if I really want a truck I haven't seen, driven nor read any meaningful road tests. Looks good on paper but still need to get behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Sweet Willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I asked about my wife's truck order the dealer said that I could buy it with no problem and that he would have no problem selling the truck I ordered.

MattIngram

First Name
Deleteme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deleteme
Presuming dealer has both orders, I wouldnā€™t see why not. At the end of the day they get to keep/resell the other.
Sponsored