Not open for further replies.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Howdy all. I ordered an XLT Maverick in November. Checked in every few weeks to hear the latest delay, but finally got a call on Friday afternoon that my Truck had arrived. I let them know I was looking forward to coming in. Was emailed on Saturday asking when and told them I planned on coming in Sunday. Wasn't able to make it in due to family in town, but emailed Monday asking for the best time to swing by, and was told "they held it as long as they could" and it was sold. The cynic in me believes they just wanted to get the insane dealer markups that they would not receive from me. I am sure I could have been more communicative over the weekend, but not once did I indicate that I wasn't planning on coming in, and Friday to Monday is less than one business day. I waited 6 months. I'm disgusted.
At a minimum, Whatever dealer markup they got on that sale should be yours. You could have sold it for a premium the same as they did. You deserve your truck or at least the profit that they made in exchange for your wait. Punitive damages would also be good to prevent this from happening again.
Sponsored

landscpdesgnr

First Name
liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 2022 Mav XLT Lux CP360 & Ford Fusion 2014
Our experience picking up our ordered Mav, was at the end of the transaction, the sales manager & GM met both of us, shook our hands, asked if we had a good experience and to please give them 5⭐ rating on the surveys we get. I would immediately get a Google rating up explaining your experience & how little time you were given to p/u Mav along w no communication about the possibility of them selling your special ordered Mav out from under you.

Back in Feb when our truck was about to go to production we got a vmail from the salesperson that they were selling our ordered w deposit Mav. I went utterly apeshit on the phone w the saleaguy to the point of him crying on the phone, we had been 1 car for 2 adults for 8+ months & the salesguy knew that . While I was on the ph he sent me their internal spreadsheet (I had requested the visibility report b4 I would let him off the ph). I no longer had to contact anyone to get info I needed (no doubt why he sent it to me 🤭), they updated the spreadsheet daily. When the truck was off the railcar, waiting on a convoy, I preemptively emailed the salesguy & sales manager stating the price protection we had, that we wanted absolutely nothing added to the truck and that we had accepted Xplan pricing. I received an acknowledging email on these things. The truck was at the dealership 4 days b4 we p/u, 2 days for their prep (they had 2 carriers deliver w our Mav), one day my husband had a business dinner or some meeting, and the 4th day we p/u. All of the paperwork was correct, this part of the process went very smoothly.

Communication to get what you want is essential. I would check w CarFax to see if your vin# did infact sell. I myself would probably harass the shit out of them for this but that's me. Certainly file a report w Ford Corp, tweet the idiot Ford people who don't have the balls to reply to the tons of po'd customers tweeting reply problems. Tag the Ford rep here, though I have seen they don't seem to be helping much.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your fault for not going Sunday....
Ford can wait 6 months to get this guy his truck with absolutely no communication, but the dealer can turn around and sell it after a day because of a missed appointment? And to answer my own question, yes they apparently can, but that doesn’t make it right. Ford needs to do something because this is absolutely awful.

Nandn205

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350
Have you called or chatted with Ford directly? Have you spoken with the general manager of the dealership? Those would be my first two steps if it were me.

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now that you don’t have a truck to buy, you should have some money to sue them.

Kidding aside, write a very brief letter to Jim Farley, CEO of Ford:

Jim Farley, CEO
Ford Motor Company
P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126

Dealers get a certain number of vehicles from Ford to sell on the lot (their allocation). Farley doesn’t like it when dealers convert customer orders into dealer stock.

Make the letter brief, then edit for brevity. If he doesn’t find a truck for you, he might at least cut that dealer’s allocation (which is what he publicly stated he would do).

Sponsored

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Notified Friday and sold to someone else by Monday?

That is BULLSHIT.

So we are supposed to be "on-call" 24/7/365 to drop everything, rush over, and close the deal the same day the truck arrives? After waiting 6+ months? I don't f'ing think so....

And everyone on this board who thinks it was the fault of the OP should be ashamed of themselves.

That dealership is legit scum.....should be called out LOUD on social media....and local news media investigative reporter should do a report on how unethical that dealership is.

Ford needs to reign in their dealerships....... disgusting incidents like this are damaging their brand name beyond belief.

OP
OP

MaverickMD

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Have you called or chatted with Ford directly? Have you spoken with the general manager of the dealership? Those would be my first two steps if it were me.
I've stopped watching this thread, so I might miss future replies, but yes to the general manager, no to ford directly. For what its worth, the General Manager was very reasonable. He definitely looked into the situation since we spoke yesterday. I didn't agree with his take on things. I think expectations on pickup weren't communicated well, and I think that was on purpose. He's trying to make it right. Apparently my build was pretty common, so perhaps a canceled order in the coming weeks/months might match. I VERY much appreciated the context from other folks here. Have a good one, everybody.

ShadowBlack XL440

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-Ford, not enought room to list..........
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've stopped watching this thread, so I might miss future replies, but yes to the general manager, no to ford directly. For what its worth, the General Manager was very reasonable. He definitely looked into the situation since we spoke yesterday. I didn't agree with his take on things. I think expectations on pickup weren't communicated well, and I think that was on purpose. He's trying to make it right. Apparently my build was pretty common, so perhaps a canceled order in the coming weeks/months might match. I VERY much appreciated the context from other folks here. Have a good one, everybody.
I would not be surprised if they add a 5-10K markup on the replacement. I am sure that is what they made selling your ordered truck. You may want to discuss this with the manager now and get it in writing before waiting only to be taken advantage of again.

Last edited:

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Shady dealer but in this market, I also wouldn't have ghosted on an appointment.

When mine came in I was all over them. Wasn't going to even give them the hint of an opportunity, and that was at a dealer that had just did someone dirty on this very board!

Hopefully more of these get out there soon to let some air out of the balloon and the OP can get matched up with theirs.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was due the first day I was planning to leave for two plus weeks. it arrived the very first day of the one week window. I told the dealer that I wouldn't be able to get it until the end of the month and they held it with no problem. They called twice to check up on me. Got home and went to get it that night.

And got my order for msrp without any funny business.

Some of these places need to be put out of business. But luckily some don't.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.