Not open for further replies.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Matt sorry about your truck.
Sponsored

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely horrible. My dealer has me price and rate protected, and has kept me updated as best they can since ordering last Aug. I feel for ya man. You cannot get that time back.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, the moral of this story is communication is key, and making timely firm appointments to complete the purchase transaction. It sucks you lost the opportunity to buy the truck, but it helps to understand there are 2 parties to these transactions and each has to hold up their end to make it work. From the dealer's perspective (no I am not a dealer or employee) weekends are prime time for sales. They notified you on Friday giving you all weekend to nail it down with them, but you didn't make an appointment. They contacted you again next day asking you WHEN you were coming in- and again you didn't confirm an appointment or show up Sunday like you said. Then sent a very casual email a day later. If I'm a salesperson, I would have gotten the feeling you weren't committed to buying the truck (happens all the time) and they moved on. Your later posts here makes clear it could have been handled better, and you will likely be able to find another 1 at some point.

Don't give up and good luck in your efforts.

Dude. You are being ridiculous. 6 month wait. Delivered on a Friday. Monday is too late to pick it up? With zero notes from the dealer that they need to pick it up by Sunday or else?

OP deserves absolutely zero blame here. It's insane to not put it all on the dealer.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know if you have cost effective legal recourse other than small claims court, but gorilla social media can be very effective in upping their pain level. A good place to start is this board and letting it be known who the dealer is.
I would start raising hell with Ford. The reality is, it was not their truck, it was a special order, they were in no way on the hook for it. They did not have to pay flooring costs, nor did it count toward their allotment. They're nothing more than a middle man, a facilitator they had no right to sell that truck, it did not belong to them. And, who says they couldn't hold it more than 2 days? Ford? I find that hard to believe. I strongly suspect they screwed you over by choice with intent. Raise Hell. Picket the store, call the TVnews media, call the paper, the BBB, local consumer fraud department City county or state, call your friends and tell them to raise hell, go gorilla. Make it painful. But if nothing, else damn sure get ahold of Ford corporate.
Absolutely! Hold their feet to the fire. I wonder if I should threaten my dealer beforehand?

Sponsored

nubbuchadnezzar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tuscon Hybrid, Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dude. You are being ridiculous. 6 month wait. Delivered on a Friday. Monday is too late to pick it up? With zero notes from the dealer that they need to pick it up by Sunday or else?

OP deserves absolutely zero blame here. It's insane to not put it all on the dealer.
I agree. Any reputable dealer will work with the person who ordered the truck.

Any dealership that sells the custom order vehicle within 48 hours of arriving without the buyer confirming they don't want it, is a POS dealership who should be blasted and avoided.

For comparison, here's the positive experience I had with my dealership: Kain Ford in Versailles, KY
Open communication during the entire process.
I had a vacation scheduled the week my truck was delivered, so they were holding it for me until I returned.
They gave me tax credit on my trade-in before I was able to turn the vehicle over physically. My trade-in was pending a bumper replacement a couple weeks out.
They worked with my credit union and didn't push Ford Credit on me at all. My CU gave a better interest rate.
0 Dealer mark-up (other than doc fees)

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I placed no blame. I made a general observation about successful business transactions and pointed out a different perspective from the other party involved here. YMMV

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dung-eating dealership where I bought mine gave me 48 hrs to purchase. The next day they said it was 24 hrs and I only had 30 minutes left. Total scumbags.

Transplant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I’m with you, It’s not like I had a good opinion of car dealers anyway but for a dealer to sell an ordered truck out from under the person that ordered it after no communication or warning is complete garbage. One missed appointment does not equate to no longer wanting the truck. This is 100% to be blamed on the dealer and not the op. And the only reason they are getting away with it is because Ford is allowing it to happen. Put some actual penalties on dealers pulling this crap and it’ll stop in a hurry, but as far as I can see all Ford has done is pay some lip service and claim that future allocations will be affected (except Ford also said future orders won’t be based on allocations anyway). Ford is only succeeding in the cheap small truck market because they are the only one in it. The dealer experience and the numerous issues with the hybrid that I’ve seen here are going to destroy the Maverick the second any other company puts out a competitive product.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Howdy all. I ordered an XLT Maverick in November. Checked in every few weeks to hear the latest delay, but finally got a call on Friday afternoon that my Truck had arrived. I let them know I was looking forward to coming in. Was emailed on Saturday asking when and told them I planned on coming in Sunday. Wasn't able to make it in due to family in town, but emailed Monday asking for the best time to swing by, and was told "they held it as long as they could" and it was sold. The cynic in me believes they just wanted to get the insane dealer markups that they would not receive from me. I am sure I could have been more communicative over the weekend, but not once did I indicate that I wasn't planning on coming in, and Friday to Monday is less than one business day. I waited 6 months. I'm disgusted.
Your fault for not going Sunday....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.