Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

20220913_132219.jpg

I just installed the cree lights from f150 led's recently. I don't have any issues with hood clearance.
Just so you know, Cree does not make lights. The make the LED chips in the lights.
Sponsored

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Last edited:
Reactions: bgn

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Malyk

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick xl AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have some flat bar left over from a previous project, I'll likely do a write up with some measurements for some diy ones when I get to it. They seem pretty straight forward with a couple bends and a few holes drilled.

lil_blue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray FX4 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered the JJC ones but it seems the last month or so no one is getting them. The only other company I can find that has them is HRG but they look thin and flimsy. Any other solutions?

OP
OP
bgn

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ordered the JJC ones but it seems the last month or so no one is getting them. The only other company I can find that has them is HRG but they look thin and flimsy. Any other solutions?
None. I can't recommend the HRG ones.

Sponsored

Moby

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 sprinter van 65 chevy 11 Doka syncro
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've had these in my cart for a while but havent pulled the trigger yet.

They dont look safe for the paint and I'd be worried if the hood can still open or not.

I've been patiently hoping to see more aftermarket LED solutions pop up for the Maverick

Screenshot_20220212-015221_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I purchased a set of them . covered the area with 3m clear tape . They will not work in my view ,took them back off after fiddling with them for hours trying everything to make them stable . The Maverick hood if you look has a round bulge about a quarter in from the edge . The mounting plate and screws fall on top of this . So it just rocks back and forth or try's to slip off when tightening . They are sitting in a box in my garage.

OP
OP
bgn

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

23Tremor

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Escape Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have these. Can't recommend them. My lights are heavy, but even still the steel is not thick enough to minimize vibration. It's thinner than the JJC brackets.
I wondered about vibration when I saw lights/brackets being mounted to the hood. On the XLT FX4 I test drove, the hood was shaking like crazy at highway speeds. Are the fender mounted options any better? I'd like to do ditch lights on my Tremor when it arrives. I'll probably go with a pretty small light though, something like the 2" SSC1 from Diode Dynamics. Looking at specs the SSC1 is only .34 lbs., nice output it seems considering it's size.

OP
OP
bgn

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wondered about vibration when I saw lights/brackets being mounted to the hood. On the XLT FX4 I test drove, the hood was shaking like crazy at highway speeds. Are the fender mounted options any better? I'd like to do ditch lights on my Tremor when it arrives. I'll probably go with a pretty small light though, something like the 2" SSC1 from Diode Dynamics. Looking at specs the SSC1 is only .34 lbs., nice output it seems considering it's size.
Yeah, unfortunately I think you're also right. It's a combination of the shaky hood and its low weight. The JJC brackets are a bit thicker and don't vibrate. However, I feel like they're a bit too high and I'd still prefer a good option.

For light...lights...you might be ok with the hood ones. But they'll still vibrate off-road.