First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget nicer wheels, nicer grill and front strip (yes guys, it's ok to care a little about the looks too). Pretty sure adding all of those things together would be at least $2k plus more effort. But of course if you don't care about those things then it's fine, but I feel like your comment kind of left those things out of the $2k difference in cost...
And power side mirrors.

Sure I've driven with manual sides but they don't make moveable by wires from inside anymore. Ya gotta literally step out and adjust the right mirror. Non-issue for exclusive driver but for those of us who share the Mav daily ... yeah been there, got the T-shirt, and moved on.

OP needs the charts in the "Ford Maverick Trim Guide"
Sponsored

tonyfall1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all personal preference. Personally, I didn't like the orange trim interior or the wheels that came with the XLT, so I wasn't going to pay more for it.

Mph1i

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL 2.0 Ecoboost AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know the differences between the XL & XLT models?

Im talking about the trims themself, not packages.

I plan on ordering a Maverick when the order banks open in August and I'm trying to see if Cruise Control is worth the extra $$$ or not
Depends on personal preference really. I used the savings with getting the XL to add AWD and the 4000lb towing package. I think the black interior on the XL is more to my liking than the blue and orange on the XLT. Either way it’s a great truck so get what makes you happy.

Oliverleiva

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 xl eco boost awd maverick
Good afternoon to everyone. I have bade model xl. It's literally basic with just the eco boost and awd. I did test drive the xlt with 4k package. I am a minimalist so I can literally customize it ask much or ad little with the right vendors and products.
This is not my truck but it will look a little bit beefier than this with some graphics

Ford Maverick Differences between XL vs XLT? Screenshot_20220316-201847_Samsung Internet

OP
OP
PA-Homesteader

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the info everyone. I will wait and see what ford offers for the MY23 builds.

I want the 4K towing, that is a main priority. Also Cruise Control would be nice for road trips but I don’t know if it’s worth the upgrade.

How hard is it to add CC to a XL?

Sponsored

FlyingScot

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Eco Lux FX4 4K CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Figure out what you want and need. In the end, we found it cheaper to get added in initial production vs. adding aftermarket. Simple things like bed extender, mud flaps, hood protector are all cheaper and easier aftermarket.

Plenty of XLs with AWD, 4K (requires AWD). But, if you want cruise, lux style features, or anything specific to XLT likely cheaper to get the XLT. It gets fuzzy when you overlap things like FX4 and 4K which have some of the same features - in this case you are paying “twice” for things like the transmission cooler.

For us we opted for the XLT with features because that had features the wife wanted and some I wanted/needed. No regrets and cheapest path to what we wanted. You can chart the cheapest path with XL no problem will be the same basic truck minus some features. Good luck

old willie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick hybred
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But I knew I would add the after market cruise
I was mislead byt he salesman who said that CC was standard on Mavericks, so I ordered the XL with the 360.

I have a medical problem with my right foot and CC is very important to me - Can anybody tell me how and who will add CC to my XL taht is being built on 6/3?

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use the search function on this forum, cruise control is easy to add to the XL.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Figure out what you want and need. In the end, we found it cheaper to get added in initial production vs. adding aftermarket. Simple things like bed extender, mud flaps, hood protector are all cheaper and easier aftermarket.

Plenty of XLs with AWD, 4K (requires AWD). But, if you want cruise, lux style features, or anything specific to XLT likely cheaper to get the XLT. It gets fuzzy when you overlap things like FX4 and 4K which have some of the same features - in this case you are paying “twice” for things like the transmission cooler.

For us we opted for the XLT with features because that had features the wife wanted and some I wanted/needed. No regrets and cheapest path to what we wanted. You can chart the cheapest path with XL no problem will be the same basic truck minus some features. Good luck
The FX4 package does not come with a transmission cooler only the tow package has this option.
The FX4 package comes with a high capacity radiator only.
Sponsored