First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would assume that cost at least some amount of money to do that? Not real familiar with car loans as I haven't gotten one since 2001. I am a save my money then pay in full at purchase time. I will have to look into that more. Thanks
Minimal.

Put it this way. I screwed up and kept my loan for too long and had to pay a month's interest. It was a little over a hundred bucks.

Consider it the price of not having to get a rental if you don't get the timing just right.
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We actually had a few hours free on a Saturday and were going in to see if we could start discussing money. As we pulled up, noticed a truck that looked like our build. Walked in and the salesman somehow recognized us (we had only met once, over 11 months before while playing the order) and told us he was literally on his way to call us. Our truck had been delivered that morning. We were not expecting it for about another week. We drove it home ~45 minutes later.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We actually had a few hours free on a Saturday and were going in to see if we could start discussing money. As we pulled up, noticed a truck that looked like our build. Walked in and the salesman somehow recognized us (we had only met once, over 11 months before while playing the order) and told us he was literally on his way to call us. Our truck had been delivered that morning. We were not expecting it for about another week. We drove it home ~45 minutes later.
Glad that happened for you but that would be a problem for me.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would that be a problem? We arrived just as the dealership was opening and it had been delivered within the last hour. With the supply-chain madness, we were expecting things to go wrong, but we have nothing to complain about with the dealership. It was a pleasant surprise that it arrived early.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pardon me, but it is not such a great problem. If your car comes in before your sale, just get a loan from the dealer and pay it off with the proceeds of your sale. Getting a car loan is not like selling your soul to the devil, you can get out of the loan just by writing a check. If you put your cash down, you can easily get financing. As mentioned above, you may be out $100 in interest.

You know what would be a big problem? If you sold your current vehicle, and then your ethically challenged dealer sold your order to somebody else. What if the guy in the prior thread had not randomly stopped by his dealer? Would the sales manager have let another salesman sell your order to someone else and pocket the $10K of additional dealer mark up?

I never got my Maverick I ordered. I placed a custom order in Sept '21. I have a signed order agreement, and email trail offering me first right of refusal. They said 12-16 weeks until delivery. 12-16 weeks turned into we don't know when. We'll call you for first right of refusal. The call never came. It would have been nice to review it, but that's not happening. I recommend anyone still waiting CALL every day to you dealer. This whole "ordering" has been so exhausting, so stressful, and I really feel like a fool, like I was scammed. I am totally pissed of at Ford, and my dealer Autofair Ford NH.

Then you would not have any vehicle. That could be a real problem!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would that be a problem? We arrived just as the dealership was opening and it had been delivered within the last hour. With the supply-chain madness, we were expecting things to go wrong, but we have nothing to complain about with the dealership. It was a pleasant surprise that it arrived early.
I meant it would have been a problem for ME . Not you. As I would have had very little time to sell current vehicle. For you that was great.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pardon me, but it is not such a great problem. If your car comes in before your sale, just get a loan from the dealer and pay it off with the proceeds of your sale. Getting a car loan is not like selling your soul to the devil, you can get out of the loan just by writing a check. If you put your cash down, you can easily get financing. As mentioned above, you may be out $100 in interest.

You know what would be a big problem? If you sold your current vehicle, and then your ethically challenged dealer sold your order to somebody else. What if the guy in the prior thread had not randomly stopped by his dealer? Would the sales manager have let another salesman sell your order to someone else and pocket the $10K of additional dealer mark up?

Then you would not have any vehicle. That could be a real problem!
I agree I will have to consider a loan which I will pay off in a week or two. I haven't gotten a car loan in a long time. I assumed I would get hit with some kind of cost getting one even if payed it off in a week or two. 100 bucks no big deal.

I was watching another thread were they were talking about some kinds of car loans you cant pay off right away without some BIG penalty like a grand . I would have to be very careful its not one of those.

Chicolini

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My credit unions are great, Navy Federal and Pen Fed.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My credit unions are great, Navy Federal and Pen Fed.
I use NFCU for 99% of any loans I need but this time, since I ordered my Mav in January, I'm going to latch on to that 1.9% for 60 month financing that was in effect when I ordered.
Sponsored