First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I plan on ordering a Mav for 2023 when ever that turns out to be. Yes i know the wait will be long. My question relates to those that already got there 2022 Mavs. What kind of notice did you get before you new for sure when it will arrive to be picked up at dealer?

I ask for simple reason I will want to sell my current vehicle and was wondering how much time i will have to sell it once I know when the new Mav will be delivered and ready to pick up. . Did you have two weeks notice, one week or out of no were the dealer called and said come pick up you new Mav. I am hoping for a few weeks notice so I can sell current car to use to help pay for new Mav.
Sponsored

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I got the “built” email from Ford, it gave an estimated one week timeframe for it to be delivered to my dealership. It arrived on the first day of that estimated week and my salesman sent a pic to me that it had arrived. So I had about 2 1/2 weeks notice as that’s how long the shipping took for it to get to Texas.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

People have had mixed results I think. Some people waited a month or more from shipping to delivery, other people a week or less, depends on where you are. My dealer called when it shipped, and then just over a month later, the day after it was delivered.

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I received notification that the truck was shipped from the factory, the email gave me a 3-4 week estimate of delivery to the dealer. It got to a nearby railyard in 3 weeks, but then it sat there for 30 days before being delivered.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I received notification that the truck was shipped from the factory, the email gave me a 3-4 week estimate of delivery to the dealer. It got to a nearby railyard in 3 weeks, but then it sat there for 30 days before being delivered.
Well I am in western NY. But that extra 30 days if I sold my car would really hurt me, . I might be stuck to selling to like Carmax or the like then. I figure I can get more money if I sell it myself. But it sounds rather risky .

Thanks for all the replies.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m in Rochester. Look at my signature, took about a month. While tracking the rail car, it said the rail car went to maintenance. Who knows why, that ate a few days. It was in the Chicago are for many days, moving from rail yard to rail yard. Not sure if that is normal. Ford Customer Service had said there was some issue with one of the rail lines, not sure which one, but we know how much we can trust them.
BTW - the final rail yard is in Buffalo.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine took about 4 weeks to get to Buffalo but then sat in the rail yard pending final transport the last few miles for about another 2 weeks. I only knew it made final delivery because by that point I was watching Palsapp/Ordertrack like a hawk. Even then I had to reach out to my salesperson when it would be ready (to be fair it was dropped off Good Friday).

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I am in western NY. But that extra 30 days if I sold my car would really hurt me, . I might be stuck to selling to like Carmax or the like then. I figure I can get more money if I sell it myself. But it sounds rather risky .

I am in the same situation and yeah Car Max etc. are the only real options if you need a vehicle all the time. I bought a 21 Niisan for my wife and I had a bid from Car Max for her previous car that the dealer matched. That worked very well for ease of tansfer. If you do that, make sure you get an interst rate and final price of the Mav before you ever talk trade in. Keeps them from trying to flip numbers around.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's what happened to me, I just didn't have a lot of notice to sell my previous vehicle, in the end I had to accept the dealer trade because interest in older used vehicles (anything older than 2014) is tanking due to banks not being willing to give loans to buyers for anything older than 2014. Mix that with inflated prices on used vehicles, and nobody will buy anything older than 2014 unless they have cash on hand.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ask for simple reason I will want to sell my current vehicle and was wondering how much time i will have to sell it once I know when the new Mav will be delivered and ready to pick up. . Did you have two weeks notice, one week or out of no were the dealer called and said come pick up you new Mav. I am hoping for a few weeks notice so I can sell current car to use to help pay for new Mav.
Wait until the dealer calls and tells you to come get your truck and then sell your current one. That way you can be sure you won't be without a vehicle you need. Sure, you may have to find an extra parking space for a few days, but that's a price well worth paying.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait until the dealer calls and tells you to come get your truck and then sell your current one. That way you can be sure you won't be without a vehicle you need. Sure, you may have to find an extra parking space for a few days, but that's a price well worth paying.
Wish I could BUT I don't intend on getting a loan. So i have to sell the current vehicle FIRST before i could pick up the new one. I don't have that kind of cash around. I expect to get at least 19K for my current vehicle. Or at least 17K trade in value. Blue book puts at trade in average value of 19K. NOW a year from now will see. Although I put in one year older same vehicle it shows 18K trade in value now. No idea if used cars will still command the high price they are now when Mav is being delivered.

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wish I could BUT I don't intend on getting a loan. So i have to sell the current vehicle FIRST before i could pick up the new one. I don't have that kind of cash around. I expect to get at least 19K for my current vehicle. Or at least 17K trade in value. Blue book puts at trade in average value of 19K. NOW a year from now will see. Although I put in one year older same vehicle it shows 18K trade in value now. No idea if used cars will still command the high price they are now when Mav is being delivered.
You can use the dealer financing and pay it off as soon as the money for your sale comes in.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can use the dealer financing and pay it off as soon as the money for your sale comes in.
I would assume that cost at least some amount of money to do that? Not real familiar with car loans as I haven't gotten one since 2001. I am a save my money then pay in full at purchase time. I will have to look into that more. Thanks

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If they're in your area, look at Carmigo. You take about 20 specific pictures of your car, set a minimum you'll accept, and they do a 24 hour auction to car dealers. If it sells, they take about $300 fee, if it doesn't you're out nothing but 24 hours, and presumably would net more than trading it in. So, in your case, work with the dealer to track when it's like a week away at the most (if possible), try Carmigo listing and arrange for pickup of your current vehicle (and payout) maybe a day before your Mav arrives. Carmigo comes to pick it up and wires $ to you the same day. They have just come into my area, I'm hoping the timing works for me to try that route. Nothing to lose trying.

OP
OP
TheSEARCH

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they're in your area, look at Carmigo. You take about 20 specific pictures of your car, set a minimum you'll accept, and they do a 24 hour auction to car dealers. If it sells, they take about $300 fee, if it doesn't you're out nothing but 24 hours, and presumably would net more than trading it in. So, in your case, work with the dealer to track when it's like a week away at the most (if possible), try Carmigo listing and arrange for pickup of your current vehicle (and payout) maybe a day before your Mav arrives. Carmigo comes to pick it up and wires $ to you the same day. They have just come into my area, I'm hoping the timing works for me to try that route. Nothing to lose trying.
Thanks I will try that.
Sponsored