First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A single car has about 30,000 parts, counting every part down to the smallest screws, nuts and bolts.
After many years of working on cars as a hobby I've found that many of those parts seem to be extras that are not needed. ;) I have many bins full of screws to prove it.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

29,999 and it will rattle.
We can call this the SkeeterB Theorem .... The volume of rattle is directly effected by the quanity of absent parts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After many years of working on cars as a hobby I've found that many of those parts seem to be extras that are not needed. ;) I have many bins full of screws to prove it.
I have parts left over from older cars that I have used to fix newer ones.. it is part of the automotive circle of life.

OP
OP

T McG

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m trying to find out the number of total parts for a 1964 Chevelle and 2022 Maverick.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A single car has about 30,000 parts, counting every part down to the smallest screws, nuts and bolts.
Interesting; my company manufactures aerospace fasteners and we have over 30,000 of our fasteners on every F35 Lightning II. We also sell fasteners to the OEM auto industry and many new cars have about 200 of them. When I get my Mav up on a rack I mught just see the fruits of our labor installed.