MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I dont get why dealers would not order your truck or say they ordered it and not ordered it? What's their end game? They sold you a Mav, took a deposit and I assume want a happy customer, so in theory don't they want to deliver your car as soon as they can?
It's more like they ordered it but didn't complete all the steps or made an error along the way and now order banks are closed and they can't do anything about it.
Sponsored

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I dont get why dealers would not order your truck or say they ordered it and not ordered it? What's their end game? They sold you a Mav, took a deposit and I assume want a happy customer, so in theory don't they want to deliver your car as soon as they can?
Yep, that is what I donā€™t understand which is why I wrote the previous post. Apparently, there are some dealers who either donā€™t do the ROVP either in time, correctly or at allā€¦which makes little sense to me if you are a salesman/dealer. However, in my life, I have been fooled and have scratched my head a few times. Anyway, Iā€™ll call the corp number and see if they can verify that I indeed have a properly completed ROVP.

Dun4791

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy,dodge, ford,vw,honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe they just figured they didnā€™t have enough allocation to actually get the one you ordered, didnā€™t want you to go somewhere else, so is stringing you along.

bwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2008 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ask your dealer for a look or screen shot of you view statusyou will see order# body code veh line-maverick and primary=in processing and then you will see "secondary"(unschedled-clean)this means you are good to go but if it says (unschedled-balance out) you are not going to be schedled period.you need to tell them you want to veiw your veiw-status on screen or printed out.
You should try a spell checker. Your message hurts my brain to read.

mmahathy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Ranger XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As @fordvideoguy often says your dealer likely didnā€™t enter your order correctly through the entire system and is just covering their behinds. I would ask to see all order info.

Sponsored

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes and call dealership for rovp. Being proactive is the way to go.
Dealer gave me a tracking number of 1007. Said my build has not been scheduled and he has a different order from September that also has yet to be scheduled.

OP
OP
Martin Ohio

Martin Ohio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update...
Dealer has not responded with request for COVP/ROVP. I sent Mike Levine a message @Ford. The message was "How can I the customer not be receiving my Maverick because of dealership error and if my order is in the system is it counted to be produced for MY22?"
Mike Levine responded and asked me to DM him with the details of my order. I did on Friday, 1/28. I received a message back, Monday 1/31, from a person in their marketing group for verification of some information and dealership details. I received another message back that I was assigned a case number and my case was assigned to Ford Marketing Program Headquarters on Tuesday, 2/1. The message stated that I should receive a call from someone, once my case is reviewed and solved. Today, 2/4 and being impatient, I called the 800-334-4375 just to check on my order.

The CSR was outstanding, she says my order is still confirmed and awaiting scheduling for production. Then we started talking about ROVP/COVP and she says see cannot see my Maverick in the ROVP system. She asked if I reserved online which I did not, I placed order at dealership. She says ROVP is for online orders and a COVP is for orders at dealership and COVP generates an ROVP...ugh.....
She also mentioned some dealers don't use COVP/ROVP and hoping the orders still come with their natual allocations to keep cars for themselves, but as long as I have email confirmation, she says the information will come to me.
She did say that per her system my Maverick order is still good. But, all COVP/ROVP orders get scheduling priority. I asked her if by being in her system if that means I will still receive MY22, she could not answer for sure because of supply constraints. So, in all likelihood I am not getting a MY22 or even a MY23 from this dealership.
She also noted the person assigned my case has reviewed it, but has not updated any notes on the file and she put a note on the file to have that person call me when case is complete.

So, unless the Ford Marketing Program Headquarters intervenes, I will be not getting my Maverick because of my dealer ineptitude! Holding out for a slim chance that something can still be done...Will update when I hear back from Ford.
Will be poised and ready to go on August 16, 2022 to order MY23 Maverick, different dealership of course!

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand what you are saying, but why would the Ford corporate customer service have all my vital personal information and truck info if Iā€™m not in the ROVP? Is it then possible that my deposit was an interest free loan to the dealer and Iā€™m waiting for nothing? And, was my order just marketing info for what could have been? In short, I guess I need to call the customer service number again to see if Iā€™m in the ROVP. Thanks. Itā€™s silly though. I placed an order. Gave a deposit. And, am waiting. Maybe for nothing.
go watch long Mcarther maverick videos. He has one on the ROVP system. The first step is you get confirmed and the email. The second step is the dealer has to get it approved in the ROVP. So ur order will still be in the system but if not approved it will sit unscheduled for the model year.

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update...
Dealer has not responded with request for COVP/ROVP. I sent Mike Levine a message @Ford. The message was "How can I the customer not be receiving my Maverick because of dealership error and if my order is in the system is it counted to be produced for MY22?"
Mike Levine responded and asked me to DM him with the details of my order. I did on Friday, 1/28. I received a message back, Monday 1/31, from a person in their marketing group for verification of some information and dealership details. I received another message back that I was assigned a case number and my case was assigned to Ford Marketing Program Headquarters on Tuesday, 2/1. The message stated that I should receive a call from someone, once my case is reviewed and solved. Today, 2/4 and being impatient, I called the 800-334-4375 just to check on my order.

The CSR was outstanding, she says my order is still confirmed and awaiting scheduling for production. Then we started talking about ROVP/COVP and she says see cannot see my Maverick in the ROVP system. She asked if I reserved online which I did not, I placed order at dealership. She says ROVP is for online orders and a COVP is for orders at dealership and COVP generates an ROVP...ugh.....
She also mentioned some dealers don't use COVP/ROVP and hoping the orders still come with their natual allocations to keep cars for themselves, but as long as I have email confirmation, she says the information will come to me.
She did say that per her system my Maverick order is still good. But, all COVP/ROVP orders get scheduling priority. I asked her if by being in her system if that means I will still receive MY22, she could not answer for sure because of supply constraints. So, in all likelihood I am not getting a MY22 or even a MY23 from this dealership.
She also noted the person assigned my case has reviewed it, but has not updated any notes on the file and she put a note on the file to have that person call me when case is complete.

So, unless the Ford Marketing Program Headquarters intervenes, I will be not getting my Maverick because of my dealer ineptitude! Holding out for a slim chance that something can still be done...Will update when I hear back from Ford.
Will be poised and ready to go on August 16, 2022 to order MY23 Maverick, different dealership of course!
Ford CS canā€™t really tell you much. They donā€™t know how it all works behind the scenes. So donā€™t listen to them. Just wait for marketing to call you so you can get a real answer.

OP
OP
Martin Ohio

Martin Ohio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford CS canā€™t really tell you much. They donā€™t know how it all works behind the scenes. So donā€™t listen to them. Just wait for marketing to call you so you can get a real answer.
Not holding my breath I will hear from them. If not I plan on followup tweet to Mike Levine. Not expecting to hear positive news, just hoping ford gets an understanding how stupid their order system is. It would be better for customer to order directly with Ford and customer picks dealer after.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Martin Ohio

Martin Ohio

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand what you are saying, but why would the Ford corporate customer service have all my vital personal information and truck info if Iā€™m not in the ROVP? Is it then possible that my deposit was an interest free loan to the dealer and Iā€™m waiting for nothing? And, was my order just marketing info for what could have been? In short, I guess I need to call the customer service number again to see if Iā€™m in the ROVP. Thanks. Itā€™s silly though. I placed an order. Gave a deposit. And, am waiting. Maybe for nothing.
Did you find out if you had rovp?

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not holding my breath I will hear from them. If not I plan on followup tweet to Mike Levine. Not expecting to hear positive news, just hoping ford gets an understanding how stupid their order system is. It would be better for customer to order directly with Ford and customer picks dealer after.
I think thatā€™s how they did it with lightning. So they are learning.

Stive

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Lexus RX350, Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you find out if you had rovp?
I am going to stop by the dealer next week. Iā€˜m not getting a straight answer to that question which is worrisome. However, everyone that I do talk to about my order (dealership & corporate) habe indicated that there is no issue in that part of it. My salesman ordered one also, so I want some face time with him.

sjdmav11/5/21

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota rav 4 mazdacx-5
New member, long time looking at site. Salesman called today to say order has to be moved to MY23 due to Ford cutting off orders. I am quite upset. Placed order October 21 and received email from Ford next day. I asked salesman for rovp and he did not know. Said they do covp. I asked for copy and am waiting. He also asked for copy of license which I gave at time of order. I called Ford marketing and my order is in their system awaiting scheduling.
My question is the dealer pulling a fast one or did not put in covp or rovp. I am confused as to what each document is. Any insight would help.
In my opinion everyone should settle down and see that this is simply the perfect storm for car manufacturers. Supply and demand. Ford just happens to have the cheapest new thing in the car market and happens to be a ''hybrid' with a truck bed stuck on the back of it. It is a cheaply built mismash of their others cars. Don't get sucked into the hype.

maggie06

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 crv 2022 oxford white maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The last thing I need is another J*b, but Ford seriously should hire me to lead the revamping their dealer and customer facing IT systems.

They have a reservation system, a separate web dealer order system, yet another customer/retail verification system that has to be done before an order is really an order, VINCENT, and different channels (customer touch points) who can't see what the other touch points are doing. Granted, I'm not a dealer (or Ford customer service rep), but it seems like an I/T cluster f*ck.

I do understand this...many, many businesses in the past had separate IT systems that were created this way due to time to market considerations (or more realistically turf wars), but man oh man, I worked with clients OVER A DECADE AGO to integrate all of this kind of crap. Here we are in 2022 with thread after thread discussing how broken the Ford order generation and management systems are.

/end of rant
You got my vote.
Sponsored