First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a very basic XL Hybrid on Oct. 25, 2021. The only additions were the hitch, the backseat power inverter, and Co-Pilot 360. (I backed out a tonneau cover and SIBL long ago figuring those can be done locally.)
My salesman called yesterday and suggested dropping the CP360 as he feels leaving that on might mean I'll -never- get scheduled.
I really want that safety feature, especially as an older driver. Do you think I should drop it? I'm ok with waiting several more months or even taking a 2023 but don't want to do so if sticking with that constrained item really does mean I will never get my truck.
I ordered area 51 Hybrid XLT + 4pin receiver + tail gate lock on Oct 26 and have not heard anything yet. Am still priority 10. I am leaving order alone as I expect that if it gets pushed to 2023 Ford will at the very least keep the order date intact. In any case I will place an order for a 2023 model year with whatever options and price point I am comfortable with. I expect the 2023 production capacity to be sold out well before Dec 31, 2023!
Sponsored

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered area 51 Hybrid XLT + 4pin receiver + tail gate lock on Oct 26 and have not heard anything yet. Am still priority 10. I am leaving order alone as I expect that if it gets pushed to 2023 Ford will at the very least keep the order date intact. In any case I will place an order for a 2023 model year with whatever options and price point I am comfortable with. I expect the 2023 production capacity to be sold out well before Dec 31, 2023!
I ordered mine with Lariat Lux Pkg on August 26. Finally got scheduled for 5/9. Still sitting in production. I feel like it might have gotten pushed, but no notification on that. Still, I refuse to give up CP360 as well. I would rather wait until 2023. My Xterra didn't have it and my 2022 Frontier doesn't as well, I hate not having Blind Spot Monitoring on a truck especially. My wife's Mazda 3 has it and I love it. Helps when you can't see, and I do still look.

Chuck Norris

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order is a XL EB, dropped CP360 and now regret it, just about every build seems to have 360, doesn’t seem to help to get your Mav any sooner, I haven’t heard s$&t since dropping it.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was unsure of ordering CP360. After using it a couple of hours, I would never order a vehicle in the future WITHOUT CP360. Every car should have this feature for safety purposes. Stand your ground even if you wait longer....it is worth it.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty happy having it on mine. Took a long drive this weekend and CP360 plus ACC made the trip a breeze. Normally I'd be stressed out on the I-5.

Sponsored

Maggot Toe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
After having received a Maverick, I still don't see what you are giving up not having CP360? Ours even warns from backing up, I get the same annoying pre-collision alert at the same trailer trash corner everyday, and the auto headlights work. The mirrors give excellent blindspot vision and with all the windows visibility is great. CP360 is not going to keep idiots from crashing into you.

Yes, maybe with a Lariat Luxury it possibly has some features since you can use adaptive cruise. The only thing I would have gained is lanekeeping and blind spot. Given the choice of waiting more months or not I'd go without CP360 everytime, I haven't regretted not getting it once.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If my current vehicle was giving out, my urgency to have my Maverick would be greater. I've also enjoyed not having a car payment for many years now. If it means waiting to get what I really want, I can do that.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand dropping stuff. You will drop stuff to get a truck 2-5 months sooner, but then have to live with it for 4+ years haha.

I didn't drop anything. I have lux with SIBL, CP360, tonneau and sunroof. Everything I was told to drop since last year. I didn't budge. Guess what is built and shipped? Everything I ordered.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I ordered a very basic XL Hybrid on Oct. 25, 2021. The only additions were the hitch, the backseat power inverter, and Co-Pilot 360. (I backed out a tonneau cover and SIBL long ago figuring those can be done locally.)
My salesman called yesterday and suggested dropping the CP360 as he feels leaving that on might mean I'll -never- get scheduled.
I really want that safety feature, especially as an older driver. Do you think I should drop it? I'm ok with waiting several more months or even taking a 2023 but don't want to do so if sticking with that constrained item really does mean I will never get my truck.
Buy what you want, not what the salesman wants to sell. The sooner the trucks arrives at the dealer, the sooner he gets his commission. You will get what you ordered, just wait.

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It may be tempting to drop the CP360 but if it was me - after waiting 7 months - I would hold off a little longer if you can. At least wait until FORD says it is causing a major delay. The salesman does not have much more information than you do. Who knows, it may get delivered soon or you (we) may receive compensation when they need to clear out the backlog of '22s.
Sponsored