Dealer Ordered Mavericks in stock?

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That happens often. The listing gets generated automatically somehow by Ford of vehicles arriving at a particular dealership even though they are customer ordered vehicles. Mine showed up on my dealers listing for a day or two then was gone. If you click on the listing and look at the window sticker youll most likely see "special order" near the bottom center indicating it is indeed someones order.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure they are allowed dealer stock, hopefully that doesn’t happen if the have allocations for buildable custom orders

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Those are not actually dealer stock Mavericks. Ford's website for whatver reason lists retail order Mavericks (ie, people's custom orders that they're waiting on) in the website. So those Mavericks you see on their website are not actually available, unless if the original purchaser walked away from it and expect the dealer to tack on a hefty ADM.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those are not actually dealer stock Mavericks. Ford's website for whatver reason lists retail order Mavericks (ie, people's custom orders that they're waiting on) in the website. So those Mavericks you see on their website are not actually available, unless if the original purchaser walked away from it and expect the dealer to tack on a hefty ADM.
I just checked the stickers on these Mavericks and they are all the blue dealer order stickers, not the green customer order.

Here's one:
Ford Maverick Dealer Ordered Mavericks in stock? Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 6.39.49 PM

Sponsored

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just checked the stickers on these Mavericks and they are all the blue dealer order stickers, not the green customer order.

Here's one:
Screenshot 2023-05-04 at 6.39.49 PM.png
I stand corrected, then. Not surprising it's only Ecoboosts available as dealer stock. Wish Ford would prioritize the remaining EB retail orders instead of filling out allocations with dealer stock.

GRB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That happens often. The listing gets generated automatically somehow by Ford of vehicles arriving at a particular dealership even though they are customer ordered vehicles. Mine showed up on my dealers listing for a day or two then was gone. If you click on the listing and look at the window sticker youll most likely see "special order" near the bottom center indicating it is indeed someones order.
Sounds a little like false advertising doesn't it?? Another one of FO MO CO dirty little tricks as it tries to worm it's way out of this mess it's made!!!

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer has leftover allocations and no more retail orders that could be selected. Ford rolls over to the stock orders. Thus stock Mavericks. Expect to see more and more stock EBs going forward.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer has leftover allocations and no more retail orders that could be selected. Ford rolls over to the stock orders. Thus stock Mavericks. Expect to see more and more stock EBs going forward.
Sounds reasonable until I start to wonder how many dealers have more allocations than orders. My reasonable guess: very, very few. All three of these are XLTs; as I recall more XLTs will be built than XLs. It is possible someone could have a "constrained" order for an XL and the dealer will receive XLT stock orders. Also, very possible that other constrained items may be a hold up and Ford produces stock.

However, there is probably more profit in an XLT with over 7K of options such as the vehicle above... :unsure: :D

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hillsborough Ford still has 2 customer orders on the lot. Been over 30 days so I dont think they will be taking delivery.

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, the inventory search shows both dealer stock and customer orders so unless you actually pull the window sticker as the above user did, you can’t say they aren’t dealer stock.

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hot Pepper Red with BAP on order.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No, the inventory search shows both dealer stock and customer orders so unless you actually pull the window sticker as the above user did, you can’t say they aren’t dealer stock.
Ford Maverick Dealer Ordered Mavericks in stock? 2023-05-05 09_39_33-Ford Maverick® - Search Inventory

:)

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So even better. It’s staring them right in the face and they still say “there are none on the search”

TopGun22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TopGun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SONATA GL Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealership is listing 4 in stock, but all are customer orders.

2 are XLT Ecoboost and 2 XL Hybrids.... Mine and another Customers lol

My truck was just built, not even shipped but already listed

I have been looking at several different vehicles in the last 2 years and have 3 ordered. I have noticed that several brands are listing incoming and sold inventory and even across dealerships with the same owners.

I'm sure they all want as many listed vehicles as possible, its a lot easier to get people intrested in buying from you if they believe you may have inventory.

Last edited:

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid