Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello All,

I’m located in NE Texas and ordered a Maverick from 3 dealers the first hour the order banks opened in Sept. 22 after trying to secure a 2022 hybrid XL from dealerships within 250 miles of me for months. All the 2022 hybrids had a large markup. My orders were all Cactus Gray XL hybrids with only trailer hitch added. One got scheduled on 11/23/22, had an estimated build of 12/19/22, but built 01/04/23 and has shipped. The other two orders are confirmed by Ford with email communications of delays every 45 days. So, I switched one XL order to an XLT recently when I saw the XL hybrids were oversold. Was this a good move? Should I switch the other open order to an XLT to increase the likelihood of a quicker production? Or, does making a change cause further delays?
Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello All,

I’m located in NE Texas and ordered a Maverick from 3 dealers the first hour the order banks opened in Sept. 22 after trying to secure a 2022 hybrid XL from dealerships within 250 miles of me for months. All the 2022 hybrids had a large markup. My orders were all Cactus Gray XL hybrids with only trailer hitch added. One got scheduled on 11/23/22, had an estimated build of 12/19/22, but built 01/04/23 and has shipped. The other two orders are confirmed by Ford with email communications of delays every 45 days. So, I switched one XL order to an XLT recently when I saw the XL hybrids were oversold. Was this a good move? Should I switch the other open order to an XLT to increase the likelihood of a quicker production? Or, does making a change cause further delays?
Depends on your goal. Your scheduled already. Cancel them

OP
OP
tpcroozer

tpcroozer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also forgot to mention that I previously canceled the hitch add-on on the two that haven't built. The one that has shipped includes the hitch. This is a must have item for all of us and will be added after received. The two remaining are showing priority code 10's according to dealers.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Father-in-law and son-in-law want the others…
Unless those 2 are the original signees with their DL and other identifying information on their own orders- they won't be getting those other 2. They are ALL in your name apparently since you keep making changes to the orders. In that case, the only way your FIL & SIL get those trucks is if you buy them and pay all the taxes, register them in your name and then sell/give them to the other 2. That would also include acquiring Insurance for each if you are financing.

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Father-in-law and son-in-law want the others…
Well hopefully they get them because that’s not really how this works. Dealer has zero incentive to sell it to them for no markup

OP
OP
tpcroozer

tpcroozer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can gift them to each for $10 after paying taxes. We will work out the details afterwards. I have made quite a few vehicle purchases and am familiar with the taxing processes. Today I am looking to those with knowledge about making modifications to the orders at this date/time. I am hoping to find out more about any detrimental aspects of a trim level change.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can gift them to each for $10 after paying taxes. We will work out the details afterwards. I have made quite a few vehicle purchases and am familiar with the taxing processes. Today I am looking to those with knowledge about making modifications to the orders at this date/time. I am hoping to find out more about any detrimental aspects of a trim level change.
You are missing the key point here. Working out the details later is fine- but YOU HAVE to actually purchase all 3 before gifting or whatever scheme you have in mind. Once you have completed the purchase you can do whatever you want with them, but not before.

Playing all these games with modifications at this time seems like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic to me, if you're not understanding you are on the hook financially for 3 big purchases 🙃

OP
OP
tpcroozer

tpcroozer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for your input. Due to the Maverick’s low cost, I expect to pay cash. Gifting vehicles is legal to relatives. A married couple can give an individual up to $34,000 without them having to report it on taxes. This works both ways. My apologies, this seems to be getting away from the nature of the question - Will changing an order now from XL to XLT cause issues or delays?

OP
OP
tpcroozer

tpcroozer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I read that hybrid XL’s we’re oversold and that the trailer hitch option was causing delays too. These started my deliberations…

Sponsored

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe your order date will change however the modified order possibly will be built sooner if there is no constraints. I believe I heard that from Tim Bartz on his video. Personally I dont want to cause a flag in an audit for 80K of vehicle purchases ........

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems to me that you could get an XL just as easy as an XLT, since it a decontented XLT. The timing of your 3 build dates is due to the individual dealer's allocations and other orders, not content.

Thank you for your input. Will changing an order now from XL to XLT cause issues or delays?

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should not experience any delays switching from XL to XLT. Adding the XLT Lux package will get you the hitch you want and the Lux package is not constrained.
Good luck.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MM MAV has it exactly right. If you want the hitch your best option is add the Lux package as they will get favor over a stand alone add-on.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I also forgot to mention that I previously canceled the hitch add-on on the two that haven't built. The one that has shipped includes the hitch. This is a must have item for all of us and will be added after received. The two remaining are showing priority code 10's according to dealers.
The problem with the Non Factory hitch is apparently there is no after market wiring adapter that works without causing issues, at least thats my understanding from post on this forum. Plus there much cheaper from the factory. I maybe wrong but i think the best bet from a production standpoint is the XLT trim and if you get the lux pkg it comes with the hitch which is not a constrained option where the plain hitch is a constraint. The XL trim and the hybrid do not have very high planned production quantities. XLT is the sweet spot as I see it from Ford's production plan. This is all my understanding, it incorrect maybe others can chime in and correct. Good Luck with your plans!
Sponsored

Last edited: