Sponsored

Dealer/Ford doing away with DORA and Vehicle Visability?

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am assuming another person’s canceled MY23 order modified to my original specs after my original order vaporized for unknown reasons. Long story, but they are making it right by notifying me first if I wanted it.
When I asked for a copy of the new DORA this is what my sales manager sent me via text:

“ I emailed u a copy of the WBDO. Dora is the old system and I don’t use that anymore as it’s going away and no real need for it. Vehicle visibility isn’t relevant until the vehicle gets a vin number and that system is also going away we will be using vinweb to track the order. But u should have a good build sheet at least.”

Anyone heard this before? Also since Ford is assuming the original person that ordered is the person buying it I will not have price protection because of the COVP id used. On that note does anyone know if I will be able to contact Ford CS to get periodic status updates using the preview order numbers since I’m not listed on the original order COVP? I just wanted another option to get info in addition to what my dealer feels like passing along. I have no idea of the name used on the original.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sounds like pure dealer bs to me

Oggy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was told by ford corporate they were in the process of switching system. This was earlier this year, and if you look back through my comments I’m sure I mentioned it somewhere…

bottom line, to me, sounds in line with what I heard before…

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I saw a pic of it. They can now track exactly where your truck is once shipped as well. So no more needing rail car numbers etc..

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am assuming another person’s canceled MY23 order modified to my original specs after my original order vaporized for unknown reasons. Long story, but they are making it right by notifying me first if I wanted it.
When I asked for a copy of the new DORA this is what my sales manager sent me via text:

“ I emailed u a copy of the WBDO. Dora is the old system and I don’t use that anymore as it’s going away and no real need for it. Vehicle visibility isn’t relevant until the vehicle gets a vin number and that system is also going away we will be using vinweb to track the order. But u should have a good build sheet at least.”

Anyone heard this before? Also since Ford is assuming the original person that ordered is the person buying it I will not have price protection because of the COVP id used. On that note does anyone know if I will be able to contact Ford CS to get periodic status updates using the preview order numbers since I’m not listed on the original order COVP? I just wanted another option to get info in addition to what my dealer feels like passing along. I have no idea of the name used on the original.
DORA is an old system......but still active. It is possible to search for DORAs now (you used to have to save it otherwise it would disappear from the system.
Not sure the DORA would do anything for you....it may be relevant for the price protection...but since this isn't your original order, that won't apply anyway.

Vehicle visibility will be replaced by some new, updated program, very soon..... Vehicle visibility will still be around until Feb. VINWeb is replacing Vehicle Visibility.
And they are correct, there is really nothing to track until the vehicle is scheduled and gets a VIN.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was told by ford corporate they were in the process of switching system. This was earlier this year, and if you look back through my comments I’m sure I mentioned it somewhere…

bottom line, to me, sounds in line with what I heard before…
Correct. Conversion to WBDO has been going on for more than a year. My understanding is the old system (might be called "CONCEPS"?) was still in use at some dealers when Maverick ordering started and everyone would be migrated over at some point. I was actually surprised my small local dealer was using WBDO when I ordered in December 2021.

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, I saw a pic of it. They can now track exactly where your truck is once shipped as well. So no more needing rail car numbers etc..
Mine is shipped but dealer can't help me find where it is. How do you track exactly where my truck is. Thank You

pcbliss

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Cactus Gray XLT Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In answer to your other question, you should be able to contact Ford CS using the dealer number and order number. I was in a similar situation where I "took over" an order someone else has placed but backed out of. I was able to get updates on the order status.

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

As with anything in life they're trying to move forward and tweak the system so that it works better for everybody

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is shipped but dealer can't help me find where it is. How do you track exactly where my truck is. Thank You
Tell them to pull up the VVR, tell you the rail car number and rail company. Use that company’s dial in tracking system. Follow the prompts

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tell them to pull up the VVR, tell you the rail car number and rail company. Use that company’s dial in tracking system. Follow the prompts
thank you

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in a very similar situation to the OP. I had agreed to purchase a '22 Lariat Hybrid that another customer ordered, then decided they didn't want it. I had put down the deposit, purchased airline tickets to make the flight to pick it up, and arranged for the wire transfer to pay the balance. When it came in, the original buyer decided he wanted "just to look at it" before he signed the release, but still said he didn't want it. The day I was supposed to fly out, my sales person called to tell me he decided to buy it after all, and there was nothing they could really do about it, since it was his order... She and the sales manager were both pretty upset about it.

During all this, a different customer had placed an order on Sept 20th for a '23 Lariat Hybrid. That person changed their mind and wanted to cancel the order. With the cancellation order in hand, instead of actually cancelling it, they offered to transfer that order to me, by changing the name on the order, and the contact email address. We did that, and then modified the order (color, packages, etc.) to my specs. Within an hour of all that, I got the email from Ford confirming the order (and the one 45 days later saying "Sorry, we're working on it..."), so everything is fine. I was also able to call Ford Customer Service and confirm that my order was in "unscheduled - clean" status. Then the wait began...

This dealer also told me he can no longer print out a "DORA" but was able to send me the order preview shoring my name in the "customer" field, and showing all the configuration options for "my" truck.

Last edited:

1Mtmary

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer had no idea what a VVR was and no clue about tracking. So,, after I received the noticed my truck was shipped, I called ford tracking number of 800-334-4375 and explained my truck has been shipped at I needed the rail car number. She gave me the number. Since I am in Ohio , which is east of the mississippi, I got their number from google, which is 877-744-7279, then hit a 2, then hit a 1 then hit a 3. they will ask you the car code or whatever which in my case was 4 alpha characters, then the ask for the number, or something like that, mine was 6 numbers. Then they told me where it was. You have to call everyday. Mine was in St Louis, then Ohio, and now in Michigan. EST at dealership in Ohio is between Nov 17 and 23. Once it is off the rail, I guess you just wait as my dealership did not have any info.
Sponsored