Sponsored

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Does anybody know what it means when my truck is sitting at the junction point but it says "Plant Hold"?
@fordvideoguy Do you have any insight on this?

Thanks
Could you give an update on this? Same thing is happening to me. Sitting at RAMP 4F Dixiana SC (2.5 hours from dealership) with ETA of June 6th. Got an email today that the ETA is now July 5th-July11th and is in Pending - Plant Hold status..makes no sense to me.
Sponsored

DHarbaugh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F-150, 2016 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could you give an update on this? Same thing is happening to me. Sitting at RAMP 4F Dixiana SC (2.5 hours from dealership) with ETA of June 6th. Got an email today that the ETA is now July 5th-July11th and is in Pending - Plant Hold status..makes no sense to me.
I never did get any info on this but I thought it has something to do with the recalls they announced awhile back.

My VIN was never listed as having been affected by a recall so I'm not sure that that was it.

Eventually I did find out that my truck was delayed some way waiting for transport from the junction yard. I don't know if that's what the "plant hold" message was since it didn't say anything about transport but that was the only delay that I was aware of.

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I never did get any info on this but I thought it has something to do with the recalls they announced awhile back.

My VIN was never listed as having been affected by a recall so I'm not sure that that was it.

Eventually I did find out that my truck was delayed some way waiting for transport from the junction yard. I don't know if that's what the "plant hold" message was since it didn't say anything about transport but that was the only delay that I was aware of.
Gotcha, thatā€™s good to know! Do you know how long it sat in the yard under that hold before arriving at the dealership? Trying to gather as much info as I can. Thereā€™s not much out there unfortunately and my dealer isnā€™t helping.

golfguy2020

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mine has been sitting at 'shipped' since may 12th
eta keeps getting pushed back
last update from dealer was june 4th it showed location as toronto but secondary status was convoy delay

latest eta is now june 13-june 19th and i asked dealer yesterday and he said 'could be any day now'

DHarbaugh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford F-150, 2016 Ford Flex
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotcha, thatā€™s good to know! Do you know how long it sat in the yard under that hold before arriving at the dealership? Trying to gather as much info as I can. Thereā€™s not much out there unfortunately and my dealer isnā€™t helping.
I don't remember for sure but I think it was about a week and a half.

Sponsored

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
My truck shows in production on 8/16. I contacted Ford since it's been a few weeks and the chat agent told me it's been "Returned from body company" on 8/18. Then nothing...so I guess it's been sitting at the lot for the past 2 weeks waiting to get shipped. I don't know...

baseballchamps

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Taurus SES
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck shows in production on 8/16. I contacted Ford since it's been a few weeks and the chat agent told me it's been "Returned from body company" on 8/18. Then nothing...so I guess it's been sitting at the lot for the past 2 weeks waiting to get shipped. I don't know...
Mine was returned from the body company on 8/13 and still in production. The Ford video guy said it's probably a chip hold but the chat line said they did not see any holds so I do not have any idea what's going on. I am getting very frustrated as I have been waiting since last October!

dbaum23

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Veloster
Mine was returned from the body company on 8/13 and still in production. The Ford video guy said it's probably a chip hold but the chat line said they did not see any holds so I do not have any idea what's going on. I am getting very frustrated as I have been waiting since last October!
Yeah I hear ya, I have a June order. So it's coming up on 15 months for me.

adsandiego

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 MAV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anyone on here with access to vehicle visibility report who can look up my vin for me? my dealership is just not communicating at all. tia.

Goosey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Called for my maverick In shipment and the recording said ā€œT.O.L.Dā€ In Missouri. Any ideas what that means?

Sponsored

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This list tells you the process and what happens

Sent Plant - The VIN has been sent to the plant for Production

Body Shop - Everything from the assembly of the body to paint. When it comes out of the Body Shop it is a painted body with doors, hood and trunk lid.

Trim Line - This should be called final assembly, this is where the car goes from fully painted car body to a Produced car. This normally takes 1- 5 days depending on when the car goes into Trim. If it goes into Trim late Friday it should roll off the line Produced on Monday or Tuesday.

Produced - The car is now built. If it is a base car it will go directly to Released Awaiting Shipment, if it is getting vinyl stripes or a CFTP car it will go to the Mod Center.

Mod Center = All cars with vinyl stripes and all CFTP cars (wheels and rear wing) go to the Mod Center, this could take 1-2 weeks.

Released to Body Company (Penske) - Painted Stripes, could take 2 or more weeks.

Returned from Body Company (Penske) - Car is returned to plant for Release for shipping.

Released - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been released from the plant to a carrier and is awaiting shipment. Car is released from the plant for shipment.

Received - Awaiting Shipment - The vehicle has been received by a carrier at a ramp location. The yard location may display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Rail - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via rail. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped Convoy - The vehicle has been shipped from the plant via convoy. The convoy number may or may not display. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Shipped from Plant - Car was loaded onto a trailer and trucked to another railyard for shipment by rail.

Arrived Rail - The railcar/vehicle has arrived at a mixing center or ramp and is available for unloading. The railcar number displays. The carrier name displays in parenthesis.

Received - In Transit - Car has been received by a carrier for final delivery to your dealer.

Delivered - What can I say, this is the word everybody waits to see. This is the end of the trail for a lot of people that have waited a very long time.

Credit goes to @Snoopy49 and @RasJeremy šŸ‘

Mustang6G Forum

RasJeremy's post
My tracking says shipped? but ford chat says itā€™s not on a rail ? So how can it be shipped the ramp is RH29 canā€™t find that either? Help would be much appreciated tks VP

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My tracking says shipped? but ford chat says itā€™s not on a rail ? So how can it be shipped the ramp is RH29 canā€™t find that either? Help would be much appreciated tks VP
It could be on a truck. Whatā€™s the website to check on my vin

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When does it say it was shipped? Your dealer can tell you where it is located.