Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’m referring to painting the lens itself.

Make the lens a solid color instead of translucent. Maybe this is a bad idea...

1640710546210.png

1640710741469.png

1640710052487.png
I agree.. it might look nice to have the upper part of the lens wrapped in a solid color to match the grill since only the bottom portion is functional.
Sponsored

MaverIQ

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
any plans for clear lower bumper lights to replace the amber?

OP
OP
Mrboom_5.0

Mrboom_5.0

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bullseyecustomautos.com
Vehicle(s)
02 Lightning, 18 850whp TT F150, 21 whippled F150
any plans for clear lower bumper lights to replace the amber?
I made a post a good while back gauging interest but it wasn't there because of the cost. For me to hand make the mold for the lenses and then the lenses themselves I'd need at least 10 people to be interested in having them done, at $75 per pair of lenses. The issue then turned into because they are whole assemblies, you'd have to cut the stock lenses off and epoxy new ones on, and not many seemed interested in doing that. and for me to purchase new marker assemblies and offer them as complete packages you'd be looking at close to $250-300 for them and the common response was "i'll wait for china to make them cheaper" or something along those lines. I've already contacted a couple companies overseas and for me to have whole assemblies made, I'd need to spend close to $20k to have everything engineered and produced.

I've still got a couple buddies seeing if they can 3d print them at a reasonable cost. so we'll see
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.