Sponsored

Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now!

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How does this mat do for protecting cargo from scratches? Would I be able to skip using a moving blanket for the surfaces in contact with the mat?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi, MABETT!

I received my bed mat today. I understand it will take awhile to lay flat. But, when I place some weight on the center to flatten it out, it appears the matt is slightly too wide for my truck bed that has the factory spray in bedliner.

IMG_4552.JPG

IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4555.JPG
So you mean your spray liner makes the bed can't lie flat. I am sorry we don't test it in a spray liner Maverick. It looks like the spray liner is thicker than I thought. Whatever, you can PM me for a refund.

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How does this mat do for protecting cargo from scratches? Would I be able to skip using a moving blanket for the surfaces in contact with the mat?
The textured surface of the mat is non-slip to keep your goods in place

marp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura, Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So you mean your spray liner makes the bed can't lie flat. I am sorry we don't test it in a spray liner Maverick. It looks like the spray liner is thicker than I thought. Whatever, you can PM me for a refund.
Well, that's interesting. Earlier in the thread I asked:

Will the mat fit if we have a factory spray in bed liner?
And you replied:

Yes, they will fit.
It might have been better if you had replied "I am sorry we don't test it in a spray liner Maverick" to my original query.

But, that aside, I decided to keep the mat and make it fit. I do really like the design.

I cut out access holes for the tie downs and I plan on using a palm sander on the edges to narrow it down a bit. I need to erase/clean off my pencil marks.

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! IMG_4575_edited.JPG

I'd like to make two recommendations.

1) Add lines or indentations so a buyer can easily cut out access areas if they have tie downs in the bed.

2) Make the mat about 1/4" narrower (1/8" from each side). This should allow it to better fit the SIBL bed and still look nice in a non-lined bed.

ED302V8

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1948 Ford and others
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Went to order and it shows the promotion has ended. This deal is no longer available?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, that's interesting. Earlier in the thread I asked:

And you replied:

It might have been better if you had replied "I am sorry we don't test it in a spray liner Maverick" to my original query.

But, that aside, I decided to keep the mat and make it fit. I do really like the design.

I cut out access holes for the tie downs and I plan on using a palm sander on the edges to narrow it down a bit. I need to erase/clean off my pencil marks.

IMG_4575_edited.JPG

I'd like to make two recommendations.

1) Add lines or indentations so a buyer can easily cut out access areas if they have tie downs in the bed.

2) Make the mat about 1/4" narrower (1/8" from each side). This should allow it to better fit the SIBL bed and still look nice in a non-lined bed.
Really sorry for that, I deduced from the thickness of the spray-in sheet that it would work. I will be more rigorous next time. And thanks for your advice. Really appreciate it.

OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went to order and it shows the promotion has ended. This deal is no longer available?
The link I provided in this thread is available

Sponsored
OP
OP
MABETT

MABETT

2.5L Hybrid
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 MAVERICK XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All three of the links work just fine for me.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The link on the Amazon page which says to "sign in" and then goes here:
mabette.jpg

How do we get the deal when it's a dead end?
You're getting redirected somehow. You can try copy and pasting the URL instead of clicking on the link
Code:
https://www.amazon.com/promocode/ALSTJUSXLKPZS
and it should work.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to offer my review of the items in the OP.

I purchased the hybrid floor mat and bed mat combo using the discounted links for $160+tax , but I have no affiliation with Mabett. They looked good and the price was reasonable. I also had a set of some generic Maverick hybrid specific rubber mats I got from Amazon before these so I'll compare the two. Here are some pictures to start.

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! ia47TEFl
Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! 5koUVLMl

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! rcpvdGIl

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! jCcQKsUl

As you can see, they look really good! The driver's side offers very good protection all the way up the dead pedal while the generic one stops ~2/3 of the way up. The side protection is slightly better on the generic one. On the passenger side, they're both pretty much the same.

Onto what I think of them. It's immediately obvious holding the Mabett mats that they're significantly lighter and thinner. They're also a lot more slippery and more flexible. It's like smoother plastic vs the rubber texture of the generic ones. The material is pretty thin in comparison and out of the box, the mats I had were already dented.

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! OcYnMZWl

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! L4tqfsAl

Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! j1hRSCvl

These dents don't exactly pop out either. They go back to their dented form after I pushed it out. You can see some of them in the first few pictures. It's no comparison that the material here feels less durable than the rubber, generic mats.

I also had some trouble with the clips that goes into the holes of the mats. I think the holes on the mats are a little too far back causing the mats to sit a bit forward. They don't touch the back edge of the raised floor where the seat rails are. On my generic mats, that wasn't the case. Minor complaint and not a big deal but something to note.

Lastly, when the mats are clipped in there just seems to be a bit of elasticity to them. What I mean is that if I drag my feet on these, the mats move a bit more than I was accustom to. It doesn't hold onto the carpet underneath as well as the rubber ones so they shift with some movement.

Here's the bed mat if anyone wants a pic.
Ford Maverick Mabett Bed Mats, Floor Mats and Door Sill Protectors for Maverick Available Now! JzzdGlgl

Bed mat fits well. I have nothing else to compare it to but it is the same material as the floor mats so I question the durability vs some thicker rubber-like ones.

Overall, I'm not sure I'd be keeping these mats. I like the look of them and the coverage is great on the driver's side. I'm just not a fan of how thin and less grippy they are. Out of the box, they were already deformed in certain spots so I hope they don't crease or fold easily from everyday use. I hope someone finds this useful.
Sponsored