Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bill,

I didnt see anything about this on your website, so I am guessing the answer is going ot be no, but do you offer any kind of adaptive cruise control product?

Thanks
We do not. I don't think it will ever exist as a viable aftermarket product due to the complexity. If you're interested in reading more about such a system I would suggest looking at openpilot from Comma AI, but I, personally, would not be comfortable installing a system like this myself. I would only trust the equipment to have been installed as an OE item on a vehicle.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director
VOXX Electronics Corporation

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
P: (910) 291-2532
Sponsored

Enderet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
We do not. I don't think it will ever exist as a viable aftermarket product due to the complexity. If you're interested in reading more about such a system I would suggest looking at openpilot from Comma AI, but I, personally, would not be comfortable installing a system like this myself. I would only trust the equipment to have been installed as an OE item on a vehicle.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Thank you for the prompt reply and for the link.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good to see. I'll be ordering.

As an FYI, I believe I have the same setup on my focus. It was $300 or so. Installation was surprisingly easy. Most challenging part was running power to the box from the fuse panel in the passenger footwell.

The obd, brake, throttle, and clutch connections were simple. Physically mounting the stalk was pretty easy, too.

I've had it installed for 8 years or so and it's never had any issues. Any chance I can move it over to the maverick?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in and share the installation video for this add-on cruise control system. The part number for this kit is 250-9661 and I have included a link below to the product page on our website. If you're looking to buy one, please use the "Email Us" form near the bottom of this page. Your information will be sent to a regional sales manager who can better assist with getting you in touch with a local retailer for purchasing and/or installation assistance.

How to Add Cruise Control to the 2022 Ford Maverick
https://www.rostra.com/2022-ford-maverick-how-to-add-cruise-control.php

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

KGillies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid, Rav4 Prime
Hi everyone. I just wanted to stop in and share the installation video for this add-on cruise control system. The part number for this kit is 250-9661 and I have included a link below to the product page on our website. If you're looking to buy one, please use the "Email Us" form near the bottom of this page. Your information will be sent to a regional sales manager who can better assist with getting you in touch with a local retailer for purchasing and/or installation assistance.

How to Add Cruise Control to the 2022 Ford Maverick
https://www.rostra.com/2022-ford-maverick-how-to-add-cruise-control.php

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Hey Bill, Great stuff! Clarification: This is the same part # listing for the Ford Ranger, correct? (that's what comes up on a quick search, with an -R at the end).

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

mangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old SUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i added an aftermarket cruise (stalk) to my Chevy Spark. No...it was not an option either. It was <$250 an took about 30 minutes. Plugged right into my obd2 plug. I could easily spliced it into the back but if I ever need to use the obd2....I can just as easily unplug it temporarily.
I would much rather do that than splice/solder into the harness. I keep my cars for ages and I would not trust that install would not cause problems. I would probably tape the plug-in harness to the OBDII port I use it so often :D

Mr. Simmons,

Is that an option for the Ford Maverick? Just plug into the OBDII port and go? I don't mind a bit of dissassembly and plastic drilling but I don't want to touch/cut/strip the wiring if I can help it.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would much rather do that than splice/solder into the harness. I keep my cars for ages and I would not trust that install would not cause problems. I would probably tape the plug-in harness to the OBDII port I use it so often :D

Mr. Simmons,

Is that an option for the Ford Maverick? Just plug into the OBDII port and go? I don't mind a bit of dissassembly and plastic drilling but I don't want to touch/cut/strip the wiring if I can help it.
The connector on the backside of the OBD-II plug for the Maverick, Transit Connect, and Ranger is not the same as traditional OBD-II plugs and is the reason the pass-through method using an OBD interface harness will not work.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

mangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old SUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The connector on the backside of the OBD-II plug for the Maverick, Transit Connect, and Ranger is not the same as traditional OBD-II plugs and is the reason the pass-through method using an OBD interface harness will not work.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Thank you for the explanation. Are all the necessary power wires/signals available at the OBDII plug? Theoretically if someone was to make a custom plug to adapt to the non standard Maverick OBDII plug, could you have a simple plug in solution?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the explanation. Are all the necessary power wires/signals available at the OBDII plug? Theoretically if someone was to make a custom plug to adapt to the non standard Maverick OBDII plug, could you have a simple plug in solution?
The wires our cruise control connects to on the back of the gateway connector are the CAN High and CAN Low wires which the cruise control “listens” to in order to determine the vehicle’s speed in real-time and if/when you are pressing the brakes to automatically disengage itself. We do not get power from there or feed anything back into the system there. We’ve already done the math on tooling a custom connector. It’s well within our wheelhouse as a manufacturer to do so but not having it won’t and hasn’t affected sales through our normal base of 12-volt installers so I’ll be honest with you and say we probably won’t.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@wsimmonsVOXX

Any idea if an aftermarket auto start/stop eliminator and the Rostra cruise control kit could play well together? Seems like owners may have to choose one over the other since they both run through OBD?

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@wsimmonsVOXX

Any idea if an aftermarket auto start/stop eliminator and the Rostra cruise control kit could play well together? Seems like owners may have to choose one over the other since they both run through OBD?
I can’t tell you Yes or No because I am unfamiliar with those products, but I’ll reiterate from my post above that we don’t run anything INTO the diagnostic port. We simply tap into the two wires to listen for signals for vehicle speed and brake pedal status. Likewise our cruise control doesn’t have any operational capability when the vehicle is not moving which is presumably when the auto start/stop is functional.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can’t tell you Yes or No because I am unfamiliar with those products, but I’ll reiterate from my post above that we don’t run anything INTO the diagnostic port. We simply tap into the two wires to listen for signals for vehicle speed and brake pedal status. Likewise our cruise control doesn’t have any operational capability when the vehicle is not moving which is presumably when the auto start/stop is functional.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Gotcha, thanks!

mangler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old SUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The wires our cruise control connects to on the back of the gateway connector are the CAN High and CAN Low wires which the cruise control “listens” to in order to determine the vehicle’s speed in real-time and if/when you are pressing the brakes to automatically disengage itself. We do not get power from there or feed anything back into the system there. We’ve already done the math on tooling a custom connector. It’s well within our wheelhouse as a manufacturer to do so but not having it won’t and hasn’t affected sales through our normal base of 12-volt installers so I’ll be honest with you and say we probably won’t.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Makes sense, thank you for the honest response. I was mostly looking at whether that was a possibility, I get that it may not make sense for you to make a custom connector, when installers will be doing most of your volume and they are not clamoring for it.

I don't mine sourcing the connector myself, and making the harness, if everything is available at the OBD2.

wsimmonsVOXX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Morning, all. Our local Ford dealership, Cooper Ford of Carthage, NC, who I have purchased my hybrid model through, has scheduled to get us a hybrid model next week for validation on that powertrain. I hope to be back shortly with good news about the availability of add-on cruise control for those, too.

Bill Simmons
Marketing Director

2351 J. Lawson Blvd.
Orlando, FL 32824
Sponsored