First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looked up tickets from Denver to LaGuardia on Southwest for $140. No need to spend $800 on tickets.
LaGuardia is a long way from Drum. Syracuse would be the closest airport.
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know that he ever said he was going to Drum, it was someone else that mentioned it.

There's also Buffalo as well. Don't know where in CO and NY he is going.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From a brief bit of research, $800 DEN to SYR seems extremely high even for a roundtrip. Doesn't look too hard to find a one-way under $200. Often under $100 for a one-way with Frontier, direct flight no less.

Of course, things can change between now and a hypothetical time in the future when a 2023 Maverick Hybrid is built.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know that he ever said he was going to Drum, it was someone else that mentioned it.

Thanks for looking it up, but it's gonna be a while before my truck gets built, IF it gets built, so I'm not planning the budget just yet.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks for looking it up, but it's gonna be a while before my truck gets built, IF it gets built, so I'm not planning the budget just yet.
Hopefully you can work out something with the dealer in the meantime, but if not, I wouldn't pass it up. Unless you see them frequently around you. My local dealer has them all the time and passed up several of them of the year. He marks them up of course $2,500. I also had a chance back in July to get one at MSRP, but I waited because I knew mine would schedule soon. It was scheduled in August.....and then pushed and canceled. Now its finishing getting built so instead of one month it became 6.

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I think it was inferred. Unless he is stationed at West Point or one of the smaller bases in NYC, Drum is where you go if the Army sends you to NY. Buffalo is also a bit of a trek. I've made that drive as well when I was stationed at Drum. It's the cost of the ticket plus the cost of a rental to get him to the dealer to pick-up his truck. Plus the cost of hotels.

As a soldier, Space-A is an option but you are dependent on the schedule the Air Force put together. It's not exactly Delta...

If Ford has a service that would resolve this, then they should step in and help out. Otherwise, Ford needs to look at creating a service. Especially if they plan to go heavier down the retail order path. This won't be a one-time thing.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From how things are going, maybe this is the best option..

its literally around $800 saved if that mamager just enters the drop ship code
WAAAAAYYY back when Maverick was in early stages of reveal, reservations, etc. there was the 2 big dealers on here offering their below invoice pricing, and I remember at least 1 of them was also offering courtesy delivery/drop shipping option- for a fee. IIRC, it was a 1 time $1000.00 non-refundable fee that was to secure the transport part of it to your local destination dealer. That was going on 2 years ago almost, so I am sure transportation would be higher with inflation, gas prices, etc. Supposedly (again, IIRC) the Fleet manager was the 1 responsible for arranging the courtesy delivery and they had to have a local dealer that agrees to receive your truck locally.

So, I don't have any clue what all expenses you've been quoted and negotiating on and now mentioned that $800.00 difference- and I'm not doubting you at all- but I'm wondering if the originating dealer that is not cooperating is getting any kind of $ incentive to make it worth his while to arrange it? You probably have all that covered, but most people have a price in mind to make deals happen.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it was inferred. Unless he is stationed at West Point or one of the smaller bases in NYC, Drum is where you go if the Army sends you to NY. Buffalo is also a bit of a trek. I've made that drive as well when I was stationed at Drum. It's the cost of the ticket plus the cost of a rental to get him to the dealer to pick-up his truck. Plus the cost of hotels.

As a soldier, Space-A is an option but you are dependent on the schedule the Air Force put together. It's not exactly Delta...

If Ford has a service that would resolve this, then they should step in and help out. Otherwise, Ford needs to look at creating a service. Especially if they plan to go heavier down the retail order path. This won't be a one-time thing.
Not super comfortable with disclosing where I am/was on an online forum, apologize for the ambiguity. Really hoping FoMoCo would step in, thanks for all your help

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not super comfortable with disclosing where I am/was on an online forum, apologize for the ambiguity. Really hoping FoMoCo would step in, thanks for all your help
Understood. Hoping Ford helps you out.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
WAAAAAYYY back when Maverick was in early stages of reveal, reservations, etc. there was the 2 big dealers on here offering their below invoice pricing, and I remember at least 1 of them was also offering courtesy delivery/drop shipping option- for a fee. IIRC, it was a 1 time $1000.00 non-refundable fee that was to secure the transport part of it to your local destination dealer. That was going on 2 years ago almost, so I am sure transportation would be higher with inflation, gas prices, etc. Supposedly (again, IIRC) the Fleet manager was the 1 responsible for arranging the courtesy delivery and they had to have a local dealer that agrees to receive your truck locally.

So, I don't have any clue what all expenses you've been quoted and negotiating on and now mentioned that $800.00 difference- and I'm not doubting you at all- but I'm wondering if the originating dealer that is not cooperating is getting any kind of $ incentive to make it worth his while to arrange it? You probably have all that covered, but most people have a price in mind to make deals happen.
I just did a quick quote. Courtesy Delivery is $350 and a delivery from NY to CO is $1500.

So, NOT $800 difference. I might as well make the 2000 mile drive.

Sponsored

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just did a quick quote. Courtesy Delivery is $350 and a delivery from NY to CO is $1500.

So, NOT $800 difference. I might as well make the 2000 mile drive.
The courtesy delivery may eat into the profits of the dealer and that is why they are a nogo. I also understood the lack of wanting to say where you are/were. Reminds me of another forum I was on. I sold an hk p30 to a person with a socom email address. He fell off the earth for like 60 days. I kinda understood why he didn't respond to my msg when he returned. Wishing you the best outcome.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If the manager is the issue, could you go up and maybe speak to the owner of the dealership? Or his son or General Manager. They may be sympathetic to your situation.
Sponsored