bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello, I'm the guy that moved from NY to CO due to military and kept asking the same questions.

With the help of this forum, I was able to get both dealers from CO and NY to help out a soldier and agree on Coutesy Delivery.

But earlier today, NY dealer's manager put a stop to it, saying it can't be done. I don't know if he's not aware of the process or doesn't want to put in the work of typing a 7 digit drop ship code.

Once again aaking the forum. Is there anything I can do? If I ask the NY dealer to simply change delivery address to CO, will that work?

Anything helps!

Call me a cheapo, but I'd rather not spend 2kish to fly over and have it delivered to CO..

At this point I'm considering just waiting for '24 order banks to open up, or the'24 ranger, if it has FHEV.
Sponsored

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what's their reason that it "can't be done" ? From what I've heard fordvideoguy say it's a fairly common thing - but seems like he's mentioned before some get ugly about it.

MinntoMich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10, Renegade, Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dunno but I found this post on a Bronco forum...

"Courtesy Delivery is a service often used by the Fleet customer because of the multiple destinations their ordered vehicles must be shipped to.

This can be extended to conventional customers but you would need to check with your local dealership to see if they would do it.

Do not be alarmed if they say no..it it their choice not Fords or ours.."

The account was Granger Ford and I'm sure they know what they're talking about. I'm thinking your best bet is to take the credit card out and opt for the kosher meal. Wish I knew something better.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what's their reason that it "can't be done" ? From what I've heard fordvideoguy say it's a fairly common thing - but seems like he's mentioned before some get ugly about it.
He won't answer. Kept repeating "No, we can't do that".

Have a feeling it means "No I don't want to do extra work on your behalf"

Tho the dealer was very nice, worked with me and tried everything so I cag get the truck. Dunno why the manager had to get involved in the first place

Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

With Courtesy Dealers, how does it work as far as who gets credit for the sale? Is it where the order was put in at and delivered or where the sale was ultimately made? I could see that having an effect on whether the dealer is okay with it.

Edit: Quick Googling, it looks like the shipping dealer gets all the credit and delivery dealer just gets whatever they charge you for it. In the OP's case it seems the NY dealer is the selling dealer and gets the credit. I say he is just lazy and doesn't want to put in the extra work...or is just butt-hurt he doesn't get the service work afterwards

Last edited:

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I understand and feel for you but is it that hard to fly to NY and drive back?

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello, I'm the guy that moved from NY to CO due to military and kept asking the same questions.

With the help of this forum, I was able to get both dealers from CO and NY to help out a soldier and agree on Coutesy Delivery.

But earlier today, NY dealer's manager put a stop to it, saying it can't be done. I don't know if he's not aware of the process or doesn't want to put in the work of typing a 7 digit drop ship code.

Once again aaking the forum. Is there anything I can do? If I ask the NY dealer to simply change delivery address to CO, will that work?

Anything helps!

Call me a cheapo, but I'd rather not spend 2kish to fly over and have it delivered to CO..

At this point I'm considering just waiting for '24 order banks to open up, or the'24 ranger, if it has FHEV.
From the few clues I've seen on plans for the 6G Ranger, No EV variants will be coming on this platform. Supposedly will occur in 2029 when they switch to next platform.

Have you looked into hiring a driving service to bring the truck to you? I know RV manufacturers use them to drive directly from the factory to your dealer for final preparation and pick up. Ours came from Indiana to San Diego that way. Drivers are all bonded and insured.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Ford Motor Company , Is there a military support team that can help out with this? I can't imagine this is a unique situation as "needs of the Army" has to get in the way of vehicle delivery all the time.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I understand and feel for you but is it that hard to fly to NY and drive back?
Sure I can, but is it worth ~$2000 and at least a week worth of leave? As much as I love this truck and fits my need perfectly, I can't justify the time and extra pricetag.

If you were in my shoe, would you buy a plane ticket during a ticket price crisis for $800 and either pay $1300 to ship it back, or pay around $700 + @ to drive back and put 2000 miles on your new vehicle?

Because I really think there's a better way to approach this unique situation.

Last edited:
Sponsored

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure I can, but is it worth ~$2000 and at least a week worth of leave? As much as I love this truck and fits my need perfectly, I can't justify the time and extra pricetag.

If you were in my shoe, would you buy a plane ticket during a ticket price crisis for $800 and either pay $1300 to ship it back, or pay around $700 + @ to drive back and put 2000 miles on your new vehicle?

I am in Florida and have an order in PA. The truck up there will save me about $2,000 so I am planning on flying up and then either driving it back or putting it on a train. Plane tickets shouldn't be $800 one-way, not sure what airport or airlines you are looking.

I agree there should be a better way to get it resolved, but if you want or need the truck, I wouldn't wait until the MY24 orders open because there's no guarantee you will get one in 2024. If you don't really need it then by all means walk away and hopefully you can find one locally someone backed out of down the road.

Bry@n

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL, F150, Bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So as a Military member, can't you run standby on a plane going into Drum or another base close by? Not sure if this is a possibility for you. That being said, I'd run cheap tickets and drive back. I've done the drive last year wheeling a bronco in Moab. It's doable in 2.5 days easily.

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the few clues I've seen on plans for the 6G Ranger, No EV variants will be coming on this platform. Supposedly will occur in 2029 when they switch to next platform.

Have you looked into hiring a driving service to bring the truck to you? I know RV manufacturers use them to drive directly from the factory to your dealer for final preparation and pick up. Ours came from Indiana to San Diego that way. Drivers are all bonded and insured.
From how things are going, maybe this is the best option..

its literally around $800 saved if that mamager just enters the drop ship code

OP
OP

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So as a Military member, can't you run standby on a plane going into Drum or another base close by? Not sure if this is a possibility for you. That being said, I'd run cheap tickets and drive back. I've done the drive last year wheeling a bronco in Moab. It's doable in 2.5 days easily.
Sure it's doable,

depending on ticket prices and RV cost at the time of delivery, I might look into that

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sure it's doable,

depending on ticket prices and RV cost at the time of delivery, I might look into that
Looked up tickets from Denver to LaGuardia on Southwest for $140. No need to spend $800 on tickets.
Sponsored