Sponsored

Am I SOL if my dealer keeps eluding courtesy delivery?

bioned

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
context:

- I'm active duty military, relocated from NY to CO just couple days ago

- I have a 9/17/22 order with dealer in NY

- I talked to NY dealer before I left and CO dealer when I arrived. Both are willing to do courtesy delivery, assuming my truck gets built

- I've been in close contact with CO dealer on how NY dealer can initiate courtesy delivery

- Every time I call NY dealer, he says his manager has to do it because they've never done it before

- That was 2 weeks ago. I called him a few times and still the same thing. Even asked CO courtesy delivery manager if I can initiate the process

- To me, the dealer seemed pretty legit and not a stealership, until now

At this point, I'm fully convined they're looking to just flip my truck when/if it gets made. Is there anything I can do? I don't care if I end up not being able to get my truck. I just don't want to let them make money off of my order that they promised they'll accomodate for military relocation.

Anything helps. Please.
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going to assume you were stationed in tropical Ft. Drum. Climb to Glory.

My opinion: You have a promise from both dealerships. Stop there. Until the truck is built, there is little point in pestering either dealership.

Once the truck is scheduled and on the factory floor, then start pestering the hell out of both of them to make sure that truck doesn't touch the ground in Watertown (or Syracuse) without either dealership knowing exactly what to do with it.

If you continue to have issues, threaten to contact the garrison and let them know. A dealership in a heavy military town will not risk being put on the off-limits list as that would basically kill them.

Last edited: