Sponsored

Confirmed: you can use voice commands to make phone calls and play music WITHOUT the phone connected to USB port

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've confirmed with Ford you can use voice commands to make phone calls and play audio WITHOUT the phone connected to a USB port, i.e., without Android Auto. While watching a Ford live stream I posted the question below and the moderator answered that you can. This is with an XLT which of course does not have SYNC 3. I'm hoping by "play audio" they are referring to a USB thumbdrive loaded with .mp3 music files.

Music played via a thumbdrive connected to a USB port produces superior sound than streaming music from your phone. The reason is that the USB source utilizes the digital audio controller (DAC) of your vehicle, rather than the DAC in your phone.

Bernie, PA: I ordered an XLT with Luxury/BLIS packages. My question is, with a Bluetooth paired phone, can you press the voice button on the steering wheel and make a phone call WITHOUT the phone being connected via USB and Android Auto?

Moderator: The simple answer to your question is yes. The bluetooth pairing allows for voice calls and audio playback without the phone being connected via USB. we will also be sending your question to the host a bit later in the show.
Sponsored