First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A friend of mine was driving his daughters car with lane keep assist. The said he didn't like it because the alarm was continually going off..........then he realized, "maybe I do need lane keep assist"
Amen to that, the biggest objectors from my small sample size of people I know that passionately hate lane keep assist are those that NEVER use their blinkers and like to just drift between the lanes instead of signal.

I'm used to not being seen when riding a motorcycle, it is a very small shape that some drivers just aren't looking for in their mirror, but a system that would at least nag them for constantly changing lanes without using their turn signals it might actually get them to at least signal so I can ride defensively and at least know what is coming.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I understand how it works, lane assist shouldn't activate when you are actively manipulating the wheel?
https://www.ford.com/technology/driver-assist-technology/lane-keeping-system/
The system has three modes: Lane-Keeping Aid applies steering torque to direct you back to the center of the lane. Lane-Keeping Alert warns you through steering wheel vibrations that simulate driving over a rumble strip. You can set the system to activate either the Alert or Aid mode, or both. And Driver Alert sends out warnings in the message center when it detects repeated lane drifts — a reminder to pull over and take a break.
So depending on mode, it should alert you even with your hands on the wheel if you keep changing lanes without signaling. Putting in your blinkers informs the system you are intending to change lanes, so it doesn't interfere. With younger drivers, I could see the technology reinforcing safer driving habits through a reminder that if the car doesn't know what you're doing, nobody else on the road does either.

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Insurance rates should be lower/discounts for vehicles equipped with these features.
The truck comes with standard copilot features that give you the discount

The 500 dollar copilot does not

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So here I am, 30+ years later, 73 by the time my Lariat Mav
arrives. I, too, am a very good driver. (No brag, just fact) But, recognizing age, I went with these electronic aides. One day, I KNOW, it will save my ass.
Incidentally, this will be my first non-manual transmission.
Breaks my heart. But it is what it is………
Absolutely spot on here. I'm 71, have been driving accident and citation-free for 55 years or so, and all the cars I've ever owned had manual transmissions. But there comes a time when this sort of safety technology is well worth it and I'm not embarrassed to use it. The description sounds like you can turn it off if it bothers you that much. My Escape that I just got rid of after 15 years had nothing like it, so I'm sure it will take some getting used to; but I can adapt and will.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a operations on my neck. Hard to look over my left shoulder. My mazda has the same features. Works great. Wouldn't go without it

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Absolutely spot on here. I'm 71, have been driving accident and citation-free for 68 years or so, and all the cars I've ever owned had manual transmissions. But there comes a time when this sort of safety technology is well worth it and I'm not embarrassed to use it. The description sounds like you can turn it off if it bothers you that much. My Escape that I just got rid of after 15 years had nothing like it, so I'm sure it will take some getting used to; but I can adapt and will.
I’ve been driving a manual for the last 12 years at 75 miles a day. I think I’m looking forward to an automatic; guess time will tell…

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You've been driving since you were 3 years old? Impressive :)
I should not do math in my head when I'm not fully awake. Corrected that already. Should have been 55 years. 🎠

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Be aware: I've been stopped and warned by police in a couple of states where law requires that you use the turn signal when changing lanes. Georgia was one. They gave me a warning but let me off because I was from out of state. The hell bent for leather way drivers pass on the interstates now, coming out of nowhere in a fraction of a second, convinces me that it's no trouble and a good idea to use the signals.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amen to that, the biggest objectors from my small sample size of people I know that passionately hate lane keep assist are those that NEVER use their blinkers and like to just drift between the lanes instead of signal.

I'm used to not being seen when riding a motorcycle, it is a very small shape that some drivers just aren't looking for in their mirror, but a system that would at least nag them for constantly changing lanes without using their turn signals it might actually get them to at least signal so I can ride defensively and at least know what is coming.
You have certainly hit upon the reasons I personally love blind spot alert and lane keeping assist!! As a motorcycle rider too, I have experienced lane violations numerous times and ride like I'm invisible because to most of car (cages) drivers I am invisible. So any little thing to a driver alert is a great thing! I worry about the further development of self driving cars and the safety being incorporated into them.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They are great to have as a safety featurs and in XL trim the 360 package gives you power mirrors.
I keep seeing this but I can't find the reference anywhere on the Ford configurator. I'm considering bumping my order from an XL to an XLT _just_ for the power mirrors but if Co-Pilot will give me the mirrors then it is totally worth it for me. I had ordered the full size spare anyway. Can anyone confirm that 360 gives pwr mirrors on the XL?

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone confirm that 360 gives pwr mirrors on the XL?
Ford Co-Pilot360 (option code 86B for the XL, per the Order Guide) includes:
• BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Mirrors, Sideview – Manual-folding, Power Glass
• Full-Size Spare std w/ 2.5L Hybrid Engine (993)
• Lane-Keeping System (Lane-Keeping Aid, Lane-Keeping Alert and Driver Alert System)
Sponsored