Clicking noise inside dashboard

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
This was mentioned awhile back but my hybrid wasn't doing it at the time so I didn’t check "Watch this thread". I've got 2,500 miles on my Maverick and now I frequently get a clicking noise from inside the dashboard. What do later threads say about this?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
This was mentioned awhile back but my hybrid wasn't doing it at the time so I didn’t check "Watch this thread". I've got 2,500 miles on my Maverick and now I frequently get a clicking noise from inside the dashboard. What do later threads say about this?
Hello there. Could you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your dashboard noise concerns on my end.

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello there. Could you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into your dashboard noise concerns on my end.
I don't know how to send a private message. My VIN is 3Fttw8E38NRA11686
My local Ford dealer in Oconomowoc, where I had bought several new Fords, jerked me around, so I bought it from Soerens Ford, 18900 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield, WI 53045 (262-781-9800)

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kind of in-between a dull click and a loud hi pitched metallic click.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I get the clicking noise while driving. I probably should have mentioned that. Always in eco mode.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I don't know how to send a private message. My VIN is 3Fttw8E38NRA11686
My local Ford dealer in Oconomowoc, where I had bought several new Fords, jerked me around, so I bought it from Soerens Ford, 18900 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield, WI 53045 (262-781-9800)
Hi there. We can continue this conversation in the PMs if you select our profile and then choose to start a conversation. I recommend removing your VIN number as it is a form of personal identification you may not want to be shared on these public forums.

OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that I just sent Ford Motor Company a private message after clicking on their profile.
They suggest removing my VIN (above). Can someone do this for me, or let me know how to do it.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's the hamsters running on their battery regen wheel in the firewall.😂

djw479

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mav Lariat Lux / '90 ZR-1 / '03 Yamaha V-Max
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think that I just sent Ford Motor Company a private message after clicking on their profile.
They suggest removing my VIN (above). Can someone do this for me, or let me know how to do it.
Hello Billy,

I don't know that anyone other than a moderator/administrator can edit you post with the VIN shown.

But if you go back to that post you should see "Edit" shown With a pencil in front of it at the bottom of that post's rectangle. Just click on "Edit" and you can modify your original text to remove you VIN.

Hope this helps!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't see "Edit shown with a pencil" on the bottom of my post, nor on the bottom of your post.
I'm illiterate in this stuff (still have an 8-track tape player in my office).

2517X

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see "Edit shown with a pencil" on the bottom of my post, nor on the bottom of your post.
I'm illiterate in this stuff (still have an 8-track tape player in my office).
You have to sign in and then go back to your original post where you first put in the VIN, and then you should be able to edit it, make what ever changes you want, and save it. I'm not sure how or if you can edit replies to your original post that quoted it. Probably only the person that replied to you can edit that one, which would be Ford.

shark978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
canyon
Engine
Undecided
Could be something totally different but I get this on my 2008 GMC Canyon 4 cylinder Its one of the the AC/Heat blower behind a vent, the little motor starts clicking or something. No way to fix it except remove the entire dash so I just live with it (obviously long out of warranty in my case).

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have that clicking as well. It's coming from where the defogger vent black plastic and the blue dash plastic meet on the drivers side only. Seems to be from the defogger slot and back towards the instrument cluster. If driving on a rough road and it does that and you slightly lift the blue plastic at the defogger it stops. I was thinking of making an angled tool and shoving a strip of black felt in between both pieces to dampen this a bit. It almost sounds like something is loose. I initially thought maybe a loose steering column. But that's not it. I zeroed in on the blue dash plastic in this spot.

Most of my roads out here in west Texas suck pretty bad. From close to day 1 it also developed a buzzing noise from both A pillars at where the speaker grilles meet the A pillars if I'm driving on these crap roads which are little more than tar with pea gravel stuck in it and are everywhere, it's a constant dull buzzing. If I push at the plastics at this point the buzzing stops. I removed the 2 speaker grilles today after work before I drove home and the buzzing stopped. Yaaay score one for me and my sanity.

Dont get me wrong I love this truck. I just want it to be better. My 94 silverado I bought new was way worse with the snap crackle and pop interior. I went around and made it much better too.

However I am curious as to who thought it was a good idea to have a slot and tab arrangement to tie the A pillar plastics to the speaker grille covers. I may trim a little of the slot back so it doesnt fit so tight, and add some black felt to cushion these pieces. If the covers will fit in place nicely without the A pillar tab, I may just cut the slot completely off the speaker grilles and toss those slot pieces in the trash, then add a thin cushion of felt where they touch the A pillar.

People want to remove and swap out their dash speaker for better ones would have a much easier time if they could just pop the covers off without having to take the A pillars off. Maybe this is something Ford would look at changing in the design. It really doesnt look like that is necessary, and indeed seems like overkill to me. Especially if its causing this constant buzzing noise on pea gravel roads.

Last edited:

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Buzzing at A pillars is gone. Heres what I did. Dash speaker change will be much easier as well.

Ford Maverick Clicking noise inside dashboard 20230718_073052

Ford Maverick Clicking noise inside dashboard 20230718_125207

Ford Maverick Clicking noise inside dashboard 20230718_125236

Ford Maverick Clicking noise inside dashboard 20230718_125231

Ford Maverick Clicking noise inside dashboard 20230718_125339
Sponsored

Last edited: