Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Leaf s plus maverick sold
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello my hybrid maverick has a Christmas tree of lights on the dash when towing it behind my motorhome does anyone else have the same problem or have a fix?
Sponsored

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you follow the towing instructions in the owners manual?

OP
OP
AutoDrifter

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you follow the towing instructions in the owners manual?
yeah i did Everything they said to and it still didn’t work I had a silver ecoboost maverick and it never did that

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

FYI - the Ecoboost Maverick does not have a flat tow mode, and the manual recommends against flat towing it.

Not sure what the issue is with your "Christmas tree" of lights. Can you be more specific about which lights are on?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

As stated only the hybrid Mav can be flat towed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AutoDrifter

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI - the Ecoboost Maverick does not have a flat tow mode, and the manual recommends against flat towing it.

Not sure what the issue is with your "Christmas tree" of lights. Can you be more specific about which lights are on?
well I use a tow dolly

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you use a tow dolly for the front wheels the vehicle doesn't have to be on. The rear wheels don't know care what makes them go.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since you have a Hybrid, it's FWD only, so as long as the front axle is up on the dolly, you could leave the truck in park & off and the rear wheels will roll. Or, did somebody try wiring the Maverick so the tailights would work?

HRG

OP
OP
AutoDrifter

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since you have a Hybrid, it's FWD only, so as long as the front axle is up on the dolly, you could leave the truck in park & off and the rear wheels will roll. Or, did somebody try wiring the Maverick so the tailights would work?

HRG
It was never Wired I have a youtube video on the problem it’s a yt shorts my name is the channel

catu-ualos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was worried when I read this thread, but we towed my Maverick from Chicago to Texas and back. It towed great behind our RV. Yes, the lights and warnings came on every time we stopped. They cleared after driving about 50 yards. I have had no issues whatsoever 🤞

Sponsored

realshelby

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT 500, 1965 Mustang GT,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I don't see a thing on your Youtube site about this. So click bait?
Anyway, if your hybrid front wheels are on a dolly I don't see how there would be lights on?
No reason to have ignition in ACC or ON position. No reason for it to not be in park. E-brake should not be set.

OP
OP
AutoDrifter

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
HYBRID TOW DOLLY CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS FIX!!!! GREAT NEWS!!! I found a fix to the hybrid tow dolly Christmas tree of lights! I towed my hybrid behind my motorhome for over a year now. The lights come on the dash everytime we stop. Drive it 50 yards and they turn off. Once it did nothing. I couldn't figure out what I did different. That was about my third tow. Last week after prob. 30 tows throughout the year, It didnt light up. What did I do differently? What it was is I was at a RV park that had a muddy spot I got my tire in it. So I put the truck in slick mode to get up the dolly ramp. Thats the difference! I just tried it. Follow these instruction. This is a XL so if you have a upper model let me know if it works. Before pulling on the tow dolly 1.) turn on the auto hold brakes, the hand with the(( )) around it. 2.) Then put your truck in snow/slick mode. 3.) pull it on the tow dolly. 4.) Hold the brake. 5.) turn off the auto hold brake. 6.) Switch to regular drive mode. 7.) Put it in park 8.) Turn off the truck. Done! I then wrapped my seat belt around the steering wheel and and buckle it shut the doors and locked it. I left it on the dolly overnight then drove all day the next day. when I pulled it off NO LIGHTS!!! I believe when I towed it back on the third tow it snowed a bit and I remember putting it in slick mode to get it up the ramp. I believe the wheel sensors are confused by doing this so it doesnt throw the lights. I owned a gas maverick and it never threw lights when towed so its just a hybrid problem. Let me know if this works for you!
Sponsored