Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Better & cheaper rarely go together. Hard caps are expensive and even the little baby ones for the Maverick are no exception. I don't think I've seen one much below $3k if memory serves 🤷‍♂️
Of course. But, I was hoping, in time, the costs might come down as they recovered their tooling investments. And sold a bunch of them.
Sponsored

Old Fart

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT; 2016 Prius ECO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thank you
Cap World has 12 locations on the Eastern Seaboard, LineX is another dealer, happy hunting, the A.R.E. cap is well made and looks like it is moulded over a sheet of plywood to give secure anchorage for racks and rails, I used 4" RV repair tape between the cab and cap to kill the turbulence noise but I'm white on white, guess it would look weird if it was another color.

Skifletch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Of course. But, I was hoping, in time, the costs might come down as they recovered their tooling investments. And sold a bunch of them.
Same. Except welcome to modern economics where we inflate the prices of things and then never bring them down even as costs rise just to profit more.

Jbnk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Silverado, waiting on Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found one for $4028 tax included? It is better than the Leer one too. I ordered a ARE MX with roof rails, 4 interior (light duty) cargo hooks, a drivers side windoor, and drop down and sliding front glass, and a tri coat of HPR to match my truck.
I'm very interested to hear an update on your cap order when it comes in. I tried to order an ARE cap with the side windoors at Cap City in December. The guy there said that even though ARE shows you can get windoors on the Maverick cap, he didn't think they were actually available on a cap that short. He called ARE to confirm while I was there and they said he was right. I'm REALLY hoping that has changed. I have them on the cap of my current truck and I use them ALL the time to get stuff out of the front of the bed.

I couldn't put my cap order in back in December because I didn't have a VIN number yet (still don't). If the windoor availability has changed I will definitely change my cap order to include them.

On another note, S Cargo in Colorado makes a Maverick cap with windoors but I don't really want to drive from Rhode Island to Colorado for a cap!

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm very interested to hear an update on your cap order when it comes in. I tried to order an ARE cap with the side windoors at Cap City in December. The guy there said that even though ARE shows you can get windoors on the Maverick cap, he didn't think they were actually available on a cap that short. He called ARE to confirm while I was there and they said he was right. I'm REALLY hoping that has changed. I have them on the cap of my current truck and I use them ALL the time to get stuff out of the front of the bed.

I couldn't put my cap order in back in December because I didn't have a VIN number yet (still don't). If the windoor availability has changed I will definitely change my cap order to include them.

On another note, S Cargo in Colorado makes a Maverick cap with windoors but I don't really want to drive from Rhode Island to Colorado for a cap!
So S Cargo is a Ranch cap dealer. Although Ranch hasnt updated their website to include the Maverick, you can order them from any dealer that sells Ranch, it is also the same as Jason toppers. They are the same design. Slightly shorter than the ARE MX though. I went with ARE simply because Im from Ohio9where they are located) and they have the cap on their website. I am picking it up June 19th in Iowa(Granger truck order). As for the windoors. They are available on both ARE and Ranch/Jason. SLIDING windoors are not available on any Maverick cap. You either get a windoor, a slider, or nothing lol. I would check with your local dealer again and ask him specifically about the non sliding windoor. You can also build it on the ARE website and select the dealer that way. Then they will send you the quote and you will send em money. I will be posting a video of our pickup probably by June 21st on youtube and I will put a thread up on here.

Sponsored

Jbnk

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Silverado, waiting on Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So S Cargo is a Ranch cap dealer. Although Ranch hasnt updated their website to include the Maverick, you can order them from any dealer that sells Ranch, it is also the same as Jason toppers. They are the same design. Slightly shorter than the ARE MX though. I went with ARE simply because Im from Ohio9where they are located) and they have the cap on their website. I am picking it up June 19th in Iowa(Granger truck order). As for the windoors. They are available on both ARE and Ranch/Jason. SLIDING windoors are not available on any Maverick cap. You either get a windoor, a slider, or nothing lol. I would check with your local dealer again and ask him specifically about the non sliding windoor. You can also build it on the ARE website and select the dealer that way. Then they will send you the quote and you will send em money. I will be posting a video of our pickup probably by June 21st on youtube and I will put a thread up on here.
I did do the online quote, but I didn't know the rest. This is hugely helpful! Thanks!

edcable

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Pathfinder
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

My cap is going into production soon and my local ARE dealer informed me that Windoors are not an option on the ARE V series but are on the ARE MX series so I had to make that switch from my initial order. Said the profile wasn't high enough on V series to have windoors as an option.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The A.R.E. Online builder lets you option out quite a few things for the Maverick. I've put in a request for quotation so I get an idea of how much I have to save up while waiting for the Maverick I'll order in 7 weeks.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My cap is going into production soon and my local ARE dealer informed me that Windoors are not an option on the ARE V series but are on the ARE MX series so I had to make that switch from my initial order. Said the profile wasn't high enough on V series to have windoors as an option.
That is correct, i forgot about that and was assuming he was talking mx.

Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My brand new ARE MX ($3100) leaks water like a California dike. I think I overpaid a bit. Got it last week and put it right to work on a 1000 mi. road trip. It did not rain so I was good. Back to "Trick Trucks" on Fri to address the leak. Gonna be tough to keep water out (with any cap) but I'm expecting a bit better.

Last edited:
OP
OP

computerpulse

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve left messages for two A.R.E. Dealers in my area and none have responded so I don’t know what that’s all about

Red50Sick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My brand new ARE MX ($3100) leaks water like a California dike. I think I overpaid a bit. Got it last week and put it right to work on a 1000 road trip. It did not rain so I was good. Back to "Trick Trucks" on Fri to address the leak. Gonna be tough to keep water out (with any cap) but I'm expecting a bit better.
If your MX cap is paint matched, could you post a picture of your Mav with it installed? I’m considering the same one but haven’t found many pictures.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’ve left messages for two A.R.E. Dealers in my area and none have responded so I don’t know what that’s all about
When I was checking dealers around the country, I would have to put in the quote on the website then call the dealer a few days or a week later.

If your MX cap is paint matched, could you post a picture of your Mav with it installed? I’m considering the same one but haven’t found many pictures.
Mine is paint matched HPR. Though I did try to talk my wife into CO on a HPR Tremor. She wasnt into it. I pick it up a week from next monday. Will be posting pictures and video then.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, the ARE MX is paint matched. As soon as the smoke clears I'll post some pics and details. Hope to do that in the next week or so. Installed near D.C. and the next day drove to Asheville. Not a bad MPG hit either.
Sponsored